Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

138 results found

1. Allow a PR template from GitHub to pre-populate the PR description

There is a feature in GitHub to auto-populate the PR description (forcing, for example, a checklist if using the web UI). If Gearset could read that template and pre-populate the PR description so users have to put in specific comments (such as manual steps to be done after deployment) and if that description were exposed in GitHub, then it would be more seamless and the deployment history would enable an admin to work through each manual step without looking in closed PRs in Gearset.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add ability to run sfdx force source status command for metadata deployment

It would be great if, when comparing an org to a repository, we could run the status command (sfdx force:source:status) to see the difference between a Salesforce org and the repository.

This command provides a list of files that changed to the user instead of performing a full (and tedious) comparison between the source and the target.

Having a list of changed files would make it easier for a user to see what change they made in an org, make it easier for them to not miss a file and would make comparison so much faster (since you would be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow more than one instance of Jira to be connected to.

It would be great to have the capability to connect to more than one instance of Jira. We are switching to a different instance and we have to delete and recreated the Jira connections each time we switch instances.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. enable UTAM

In the same way you enable Jest tests to run during deployment like that:
    https://docs.gearset.com/en/articles/5204895-pilot-feature-source-control-setup-for-lwc-test-runs
    We would need to run UTAM tests:
    https://utam.dev/guide/introduction

Those are stored in utam folder and as sucha re not deployed to Salesforce org but rather "ran" by the test system.
    UTAM is very similar to Jest but do a simulated browser test (including integrated services and login of users) that covers full scenario and several pages. It's possible by using Chromedriver through WebdriverIO. All these are nodejs libraries used by UTAM.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Include Apex classes regardless of folder

In GitHub, Apex classes don't always have to be in a folder called "classes " to work with them. Some people using SFDX put test classes in their own folder (sometimes called "tests". Even Apex classes within the "classes" folder can be sub-grouped into folders. (Example at https://github.com/trailheadapps/apex-recipes/tree/main/force-app/main/default/classes)
    I'd like Gearset to scan the entire repository and to group metadata by its actual type, not by the folder it is in.
    I'm not talking about the sfdx-project.json saying where the metadata is located. This is within each of those locations, it should find all Apex (for example). The Apex…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Integrate with Rally as an option in addition to JIRA/ADO

We have customers who use Rally to manage their requirements similar to how many use Jira. Would be great to have this capability

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Unify the message when you authenticate an org with a username that has been shared. It uses the term "delegated" instead of "shared"

Unify the message when you authenticate an org with a username that has been shared. It uses the term "delegated" instead of "shared". This could be confusing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show JIRA Title when selecting tickets to post to

As a release manager, when I go to select the JIRA tickets to associate to, I need to be able to see not just the ticket number, but also the Title to allow me to select the correct tickets without having to guess or consult another resource or use trial and error.

Currently there looks like this idea was implemented in Pipelines, but that interface is somewhat broken, and typing in the full number does not result in the ticket showing up, could use some love, but is the right idea for providing context.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create JIRA ticket when CI Job runs sucessfully

I undrestand that gearset can update status, comment and attach report to an existing JIRA ticket once a deployment is successful, but it would be nice to have a feature that would automatically create a JIRA ticket once the CI Job runs, and deployment is successful, for reporting and internal auditing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to Template Scratch Org Settings

It would be great if it was possible to template the scratch org creation screen.

We have a lot of managed packages that need to be installed and having to enter the ID and Key every time is very time consuming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. enable linking two separate gearset accounts when they are hooked to the org

I've been using Gearset for a few years. The Salesforce consultant I occasionally work with just started using Gearset with all their clients. So we both have a connection to my Salesforce org. It would be nice to see a combined view of deployments, validations, test runs, etc. made against my org - regardless of which Gearset account it was done from.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. enable linking two separate gearset accounts when they are hooked to the org

I've been using Gearset for a few years. The Salesforce consultant I occasionally work with just started using Gearset with all their clients. So we both have a connection to my Salesforce org. It would be nice to see a combined view of deployments, validations, test runs, etc. made against my org - regardless of which Gearset account it was done from.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When creating a Pull Request from Gearset have the option to default to another branche

After you did a deployment from a sandbox to GIT (Github in my case) you have the option to create a Pull Request right from that screen. The default target branche is "main" even though my default branche in Github is set to develop.
    It would be great if Gearset follows that default branche that is set in Git OR has a way of defining default target branche in Gearset.
    The risk now is that someone might overlook this, make a pull request against main, someone else also overlooks this and merges it into main. With CI jobs on main…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Additional feature - GITHUB Pull Request validation in CI Job

Checkbox - Pull requests: Validate pull requests targeting the source branch is only visible when Run Job is set to --> Run tests based on Apex changes in the package

Request you to enable option even when this is set to Run Job: 1 / 2 /4 / 24 Hours

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Require Jira Updates for certain types of deployments.

While requiring updates on Jira tickets is nice we don't require this for ALL deployments such as if going to a production environment it's required however sandbox to github or sandbox to sandbox does not require an update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Gearset to be added to a connect app

The ability to use Salesforce as an Identity Provider and have gearset be added as a connected app so the user would be forced to sign in with SSO and select when they sign in from salesforce

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. add the ability to filter Git repos on connection

It would be useful to be able to select only applicable Git repos from source control that will interact with Gearset. A user may have many repos that they need on their account, but of those there may only be 1 which would be used via GearSet. It would be great if we could select which repos should be available when setting up the connection to our source control (specifically I am requesting GitHub but I think this would be useful for all source control integrations).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add the ability to restrict the Jira Projects Gearset can access

A Jira account may be linked to many projects which will never be interacted with through Gearset. However those projects might still be legitimate for the user, so they can change their project access on the Jira side. It would be great if we could select projects in the connection that we want to choose from when associating to a Jira item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Jira ticket association should carry over to deployment merges and comparison refreshes

If I clone a deployment, it copies all the associated Jira tickets, but if I merge two deployments, the list of associated Jira tickets is empty. Is that how it is supposed to work? I would expect a union of the lists of all the merged deployments.

The same would apply to comparison refreshes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Jira: Ability to pass a list of Jira ticket Ids vs. single entry

Would really benefit from being able to paste a list of Jira Ids, e.g. comma-delimited (similar to specified tests) on final deployment. Hate giving up validation / deployment status writebacks to Jira, but often we have packages spanning dozens of Jira tickets and entry can be time-consuming, especially if there is a failure or refresh needed and Jira ticket associations get lost from the draft.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base