Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

80 results found

1. add a column for file sizes and show a warning message if over the limit (might happen deploying content assets)

Recently when deploying a large amount of content assets, I ran into a issue where the deployment would freeze on caching metadata for faster comparison.

Support told me the deployment size was too large and I broke it up into smaller deployments. I suggest adding a column with file sizes and perhaps a warning message if you exceed the deployment limits.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make filter to search through all the components which are hidden under 1st level and expand the components

Can I ask Gearset team to add filter in compared components to search through all the components which are hidden under 1st level (e.g. custom objects or profiles).
    For example, in the filter to compare metadata I selected certain custom tab (in the profile the access to the tab was deleted), also selected certain profiles, but serching through the compared metadata list I spent hours and did not manage to find those components for deployment package.
    The same is for object access. I selected certain object, selected certain profiles - and again, it's a hard quest to find necessary components…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Implement Data migration support for nCino

nCino is a native Salesforce application for banking customers, configured using records, similar to how CPQ is configured. Deploying the data based configuration from environment to environment can be very difficult and painful. This would be a valuable feature for every nCino customer

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create a Data Deployment Template for migrating Territory Management (1.0 & 2.0)

I would like to see a gearset defined template for Territory Management in Salesforce. I am definitely in need of this functionality as it seems to be a post deployment step once you deployed all Territory Management metadata.

in ETM 2.0 for example, after deploying the related metadata you need to deploy all related records for UserTerritory2Association Object, this contains who are the users assigned to a territory.

Not a big template but can be a good thing to have as a preset.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Retain Deployment Friendly Name and Notes After Failed Deployment

When attempting to validate a deployment, and the validation fails, Gearset retains the deployment's friendly name and notes fields from the validation. The user can make any necessary changes to the deployment, and won't have to re-type this information when attempting it a second or third time.

I'd like to see this same functionality when dealing with a failed deployment that doesn't use validation. Validating a package takes two steps (long steps), and typically I only want to use this option when delaying a deployment. However I often use it anyway just so I can retain my data in these…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow 'OR' combination for multiple External ID's in Upsert operation

Gearset allows the selection of multiple External ID's in an Upsert operation as part of a Data Deployment.

However, the system implements an 'AND' combination across all the external ID's specified on the object.
    Effectively, ALL external ID's need to be present on the target side for the match to be identified and record upserted. If all external ID's are not present, the system performs an Insert on the target org.

Please allow an 'OR' combination across multiple External ID's. Arguably, this should be the default option, but at the very least, a user needs the ability to decide how…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow for cross-object mapping with the data deployment add-on

It would be so powerful to allow users to map data to different objects using the data deployment tool. It would allow us to move data efficiently between orgs that don't have completely aligned object APIs and metadata.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow custom manipulations to data during a data deployment

Export the selected data source in a CSV file before deploying, in order to allow custom manipulation. Then allow the import of that CSV to destination - functioning like a more sophisticated Data loader.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Deploy data from local repository.

It would be very helpful if we could deploy data from a local repository. We have different namespaces for internal packages and it would make data migration significantly easier if we could do it from a local machine where we'd switch the namespaces.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to update value of Reference field for a data deployment

"Select reference fields to deploy"

Ability to edit the value for the target deployment data for the reference field instead of searching for the match on the Target.

Ex. Loading Opportunities from a Source to a Target that contains 5 different record types, but when uploaded to the Target we specify the recordtypeid to one that matches a recordtypeid on the Target for the entire data load.

Similar to how the Owner reference can ignore the Target's users and default to the running user of the data deployment.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Trigger a data deployment from a CI job

When we pull down a version between our local and staging environments. We would like to also automatically pull in the testing data from another project.

As one of the things we are trying to setup is taking a version from Prod then running GhostInspector through our core flows. Ideally every 4 hours we take a backup from metadata + locked down actual data. Then run tests against it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Permission set changes not displaying without drilling down

You shouldn't have to drill in to see the changes in a permission set. I was stumped b/c it showed no difference, but in reality I had to drill down to see the difference. This is bad UI

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Data Deployment Template that supports complex rules

Looking to be able to setup a Data Deployment template that supports complex rules with record limits.
    For example...
    - Select 100 accounts that have been modified recently that belong to division A that contain at least 1 contact, 1 opportunity and 1 activity.
    - Select 100 accounts that have been modified recently that belong to division B that contain at least 1 contact, 1 opportunity and 1 activity.
    - Select 100 accounts that have been modified recently that belong to division C that contain at least 1 contact, 1 opportunity and 1 activity.

Currently have to build 3 or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. whenDeploying metadata and linking it JIRA Issue it will be good idea to have more Jira Issue fields visible not just Jira Issue key(id).l

when Deploying metadata and linking it JIRA Issue it will be a good idea to have more Jira Issue fields visible not just the Jira Issue key(id).l would like to have Issue "Summary" field Visible

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow the capability to deploy to multiple Salesforce organizations within one deployment

Currently you can only push to 1 Salesforce org, however, we manage multiple organizations and would like the capability to push the same package to multiple organizations

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add option to make picklist fields non-restricted before performing a data deployment

Similar to being able to disable validation before performing a data deployment it would be very useful if there was an option to automatically uncheck the "Restrict picklist to the values defined in the value set" option for some or all of the picklist fields in a deployment.

We have data that includes picklist values that are no longer active this causes errors on individual records as part of the load. Currently I have to pick through all the errors manually then uncheck the option for the corresponding picklists fields on the target org. Then after performing the deployment I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. have functionality to show how big a data deployment is going to be when deploying, as some Salesforce sandboxes have a limit of 1GB

I suggest you have functionality to show how big a data deployment is going to be when deploying, as some Salesforce sandboxes have a limit of 1GB

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Include validation rules and triggers of managed packages in 'Compare and deploy disabled rules'

When configuring a data deployment there is an option to disable validation rules and triggers on the target org. However the validation rules of objects of a managed package don't get included in this comparison. Triggers of a managed package are also not included.

I'm not sure if it will be possible to disable the triggers, but for validation rules this should be possible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the concept of Master seeding object

One great feature to have, would be the possibility to identify a Master object from which the filters applied on it would be applied on all dependent objects automatically.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Use external script/template for masking data

I would love to be able to use my own script/template when doing just data (not having the compliance option) to select what fields I want to mask and the format for how I want to mask them. I will explain more.

When doing a data deployment (data seeding) to our developer sandboxes, I would like to be able to use an external script/template for masking data. In my script/template would like to be able to set the format for the masking and how much of the value to mask. For instance maybe I want to mask a phone number…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base