Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

80 results found

1. Re-validate a deployment after failure without returning to compare

Would love the ability to re-validate a deployment after making changes to the target org. I notice this a lot if there's a username issue that needs fixed in the target, I'm able to fix the issue without refreshing the comparison, but still have to return to the compare, go through the automated fixes, and then re-validate the deployment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Set values on record creation for fields that can't be updated

Some objects, for example PriceBook Entry, must have their attributes set on insert as once created most of the record is not updatable, e.g. CurrencyISOCode cannot be changed on this record once it has been inserted. Providing a way to set these fields on creation, rather than a later update step, would allow these records to be deployed as currently PriceBook Entry records fail in multi-currency orgs as they are all created with the default currency causing SF to treat them as duplicates

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Spacing in formulas

This was marked as completed in https://gearset.uservoice.com/forums/283474-help-us-improve-gearset/suggestions/34690018-preserve-spacing-in-formulas but seems to be broken again. Formulas or criteria in WF are deployed without carriage returns, which makes formulas very messy to work with.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow record id as the first criteria for matching lookup fields

When deploying data records from production to sandbox, the default matching criteria for the owner field will not typically work...

Gearset currently matches on email and profile, but the email addresses for users get modified in sandboxes. So, no match is found for users other than the one who created the sandbox.

It would be great if the first check was: does the user record id match. If not, use email + profile, if not, use the current user.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow filtering of records for data deployments via a SOQL

Would like to be able to run a SOQL to select the records to base a data deployment from, in many cases we are trying to build some test data that matches specific scenarios based on fields on parent or related objects.

The current selection of field filters doesn't give us the flexibility we need. For most of our data deployments to sandboxes today we run a data load in prod to set a field to true on the base object from a SOQL and then use that field to filter in the data deployment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change Order of Steps for Data Deploys

When configuring a data deployment, currently "Planning Deployment Steps" is the last step, but this is where I often encounter the "Error while planning deployment" because of recursion/etc. That means I need to back up through the previous 4 steps, adjust, and then go BACK through the related objects, data masking, disable rules steps before it will try again.

The disable rules step in particular takes some time, making this a really tedious cycle to repeat.

I understand needing the related objects step before validating the deployment, but if the order changed to:

1. Select Objects,
    2. Select Related Objects
    3. Plan Deployment…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please introduce an external ID in the background as some other products do. This would make it flawless.

Without the external ID, your solution is time consuming and prone to troubleshooting errors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Manage Custom Filters option when creating a CI job

When I use options Automation -> Continuous Integration -> Dev Sandbox -> Compare and commit for deployment, there is no option to create a custom filter.
    Custom filters can only be created by using Metadata deployments -> Compare and deploy option.
    Since the following tutorial https://docs.gearset.com/en/articles/6166062-promoting-your-first-features recommends to use Automation -> Continuous Integration for deployment, it would be nice if this way of deployment also had an option to create custom filter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create a link in the main menu under Data Deployments for managing Data Deployment Templates. It is not very intuitive to manage them curren

Create a link in the main menu under Data Deployments for managing Data Deployment Templates. Having to start a deployment in order to manage the templates is not very intuitive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add navigation options to the data deployment process

We are making use of the data deployment tool to seed our sandboxes with test data. When you execute a template it always navigates you to the last step (which makes sense). There are times however that we need to go back to the 2nd step and change filter criteria. This includes several clicks and waiting for pages to load.
    Is it possible to add a navigation bar at the top that shows the various steps so you can quickly jump to one you need to update?
    ie Step 1 > Step 2 > Step 3 > etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When cloning a deployment, also clone the test settings

When I'm cloning a deployment, if in the original one I have selected specific test classes, by default have those selected again in the clone.

Often you either need to repeat a deployment, or you'll deploy several times between instances, with the same tests.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide More Detailed Information on Data Deployment Summary Steps

Currently the data deployment summary displays an elaborate interface but with very little useful information other than record counts. On the right side are Steps, but those steps do not tell the user much. I can see that in one step x records were fetched, for example, and in another step y records were fetched, but I can't see WHY.

Example use case: I had a situation where I was filtering an object but the filter wasn't being honored (more records were being deployed than expected). I could see from the data deployment summary that one of the steps was…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a way so we can easily integrate commits into Salesforce.

What I mean by this is, give users the ability to create and associate commits from in Gearset to a custom Object in Salesforce.

The commit would create a new record in Salesforce, under the custom object, let's call it 'Commits'.

We'd be able to pass through data such as the commit status, the ID of the commit, a link to the commit itself taking us back to Gearset, the name, and author, etc, etc...

I'd imagine this is possible through the use of the BitBucket API, however with SF teams who lack developer resources, this would be a nice…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Data Deployment to handle more complex structures

Currently, user is able to select Obj A, Obj B that references Obj A, Obj C that references Obj B. And, in the next step of data deployment it allows user to select Objects where Obj A, B or C, and objects references by those objects.

If we ignore above example, I want to be able to select: objA(id), objB(id, objA), objC(id, objB, objD), objD(Id), objE(Id, objD). Where the first object I select and everything else is filtered on is objA.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide a better error when "invalid or null picklist values" is thrown.

"invalid or null picklist values" is thrown and i have too many picklists to figure out which one is the issue. Please provide speicific fields that are causing errors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Data deployments should ask if you want to Insert or Update or Insert & Update data

Data deployments should ask if you want to Insert or Update or Insert & Update data.

Currently it always performs data upsert only

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. One-click Sandbox data deployment of all objects

I think a great feature would be for the tool to be able to copy all object data from one org to a sandbox, and if the amount of data is too large for the sandbox, allow the user to specify what objects to take sample data from - and how - i.e. take no data from a certain object,or take 5% of the latest created data, etc. It would be helpful to show the objects that have the most data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to mark(starring or adding to favourites) deployed package for quick reference

Once the deployment is done, if i want to clone the same pkg after 2 months, then its difficult for me to search through. Instead if there is any way to mark it by adding a star to adding to any favourite list will make it more handy and also available for quick reference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow masking of State and Country to recognize API values

If the State and Country lists have been updated so the API values are set to ISO country codes the Masking of those fields during a data deployment does not work.
    Data Load errors: '"FIELDINTEGRITYEXCEPTION:There's a problem with this country, even though it may appear correct. Please select a country/territory from the list of valid countries.: Billing Country:BillingCountry --"'

Disabling masking works around the issue.
    It would be great if the application could check the State/Country list and utilize the API values for masking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base