Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1140 results found

1. Ability to assign Data Deployment Entitlement through Shared Connections

We have a central Gearset Owner who setup our various orgs using a dedicated Integration User in each org. They then shared the connections with Gearset Users so the credentials remain hidden.

However, this only delegates metadata deployment entitlement, not data deployment. To allow data deployment, a User needs to remove the shared connection and set up the org connection themselves.

Data Deployment Entitlement should be managed as part of the shared connection, as well as Metadata Deployment Entitlement. This will maintain the ability for central management and also keep org credentials secure.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Export and Import Gearset metadata filters to other Gearset instances

This idea feels relevant to Gearset customers that are consultants or in professional services teams.

Our team will be managing multiple instances of Gearset for various clients. During the initial setup and also over the long term maintenance of those instances, it would be ideal to standardize the custom metadata filters being used. The base filters would be the same starting point for all instances, because of the references to namespaces and certain metadata types involved in our projects.

Currently, the filters will need to be part of the post-instance setup steps. It would be ideal to be able to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Deploy monitor results changes to target org directly from the compare screen

I get the a monitoring results email. When I click it it takes me to the comparison screen
    Right now to deploy those changes I have to go to Monitoring > Filter by name > View History > Select the right one > Deploy changes to target org.

Those are 5 clicks to get to a place I just was in! It would be great if I could deploy the changes to the target org directly from the screenshot comparing screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow for Scheduled Comparisons

Like Monitoring Jobs, allow users to choose a source, target, and metadata filter, and schedule when a comparison runs.

The primary goal of this would be time savings. To have that data already retrieved and cached so you can go in, make your selections, and move toward deployment more quickly. Possible applications include recurring deployments, planning out your workday, etc. This addition would be for non-Integration users.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Local Metadata ignored if name collides across an unlocked package namespace

Current Behavior:
    During PR validation of an lwc component named "utils", Gearset reports no changes and runs validation against target org with 0 components because there is a Namespaced Unlocked Package in the target that also has an lwc component named "utils". This can be seen in the "Problem Analysis Results" within the Validation Details for the PR.

Expected Behavior:
    Gearset should not diff my local components against components that are behind a namespace. Even when those namespaced components are in an unlocked package. Perhaps Gearset should treat namespaced unlocked package components more like managed package components.

This is related…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ClickUp integration would be awesome!

My company uses ClickUp to manage tickets, would be great if there was integration with Gearset as that would save me copy/pasting ticket references into the deployment descriptions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add RecordType support for PersonAccount

Problem analyzer is always trying to remove my picklist values from any RecordTypes on PersonAccount. I am forced to use a custom "Problem analyzer template" where "Remove picklists from record type" is disabled.

Suppose I have a field called pickme: Account.Pickme--pc | Contact.Pickme--c it shows up in the record type XML as Pickme--c, and it seems like gearset tries to find a picklist on account with that exact API name, which will of course fail. My ask is that rather than raising an error at this point, GS should repeat this check on the contact object where it would find…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Implement Data migration support for nCino

nCino is a native Salesforce application for banking customers, configured using records, similar to how CPQ is configured. Deploying the data based configuration from environment to environment can be very difficult and painful. This would be a valuable feature for every nCino customer

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. quote term

For CPQ Quote Term, the name column only shows "Approved" which is not meaningful.
    Please switch to using the "Name" field which is a auto generated number (e.g. QT-0209) that is displayed in the user interface and therefore a meaningful identifier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add configurable email reminders for scratch org expiration.

From Salesforce orgs and Dev Hubs, it would be great if there were a setting that would automatically send an email when a scratch org is approaching expiration. This could be configurable per Dev Hub, and would help prevent data loss at scratch org expiration.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. backup expiration

For compliance purposes I'd like to request an option to list the data backup expiration date. We are able to choose how long to retain the backup, but I do not see a place that lists when the backup is set to expire.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data backup  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show the status of a CI deployment on the pull request

We use merge-based deployments, so whenever a Github pull request gets merged to /main, a CI deployment job fires that deploys the content of the PR to Production.

The issue is that at the moment all Merged PRs look the same, whether the deployment actually succeeded, or failed. There's no way to tell, or even to follow progress, unless we ask people to open the Gearset job and then look at the deployments for that job etc. which is quite a bit of a faff.

Validation jobs do display on the PR whether they passed or failed, the same feature…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "Sync environment" automation

On the pipeline, the action of "Sync environment" is currently a manual action. It could be useful to have an automation of this action (like the back-propagation) after each Production Deployment. This step is a little bit time consuming and can be easily missed. If we had an automatic creation of this synchronization PR on each CI Job it would make the processus more fluid.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Analyzer: Duplicate child relationship name detection

Use case -

target org has child object O lookup field F1 with childRelationship = Foo
    source org has child object O lookup field F2 with childRelationship = Foo

If you deploy, SFDC tells you that there is already a Child Relationship Foo on O

Analyzer could detect this and warn developer before deployment

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Analyzer enhancement - detect missing ContentAsset in CustomApplication

Given this XML in CustomApplication

<CustomApplication xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
    <brand>
    <headerColor>#0070D2</headerColor>
    <logo>MyLogo</logo>
    <logoVersion>1</logoVersion>
    <shouldOverrideOrgTheme>false</shouldOverrideOrgTheme>
    </brand>

If user forgets to select Content Asset MyLogo, Analyzer should detect.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Manual button to refresh repository data

Multiple times in the past, my team has added new files to our git repository and Gearset dose not pick them up as existing in the repository when we do a comparison.

Select your git repo/branch as the source, select the sandbox you want as a destination, the comparison page says "fetching repositories", but it doesn't seem to actually pull the updated data from the branches. My comparison builds fail because the new file isn't included in the comparison. Gearset usually ends up picking them up in ~12 hours but it's a huge workflow blocker when a tool doesn't have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Option to download problem analyzer template

Option to download the problem analyzer template so users have an option to add it to the custom github actions scripts to run CI validations for their own delta comparisons.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 'Continuous integration' menu item links (redirects) to Deployment Pipelines

When I click on 'Continuous integration' in the left menu it goes (redirects) to Deployment Pipelines (https://app.gearset.com/deployment-pipelines?pipelineId=xxx) by default since a week or so! 👎

I just want that menu item to keep on going to the 'Continuous integration dashboard' (https://app.gearset.com/continuous-integration).
    What's in the name (of the menu item)! 😉

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Link to the Salesforce Validation in Progress from the Pipeline

When I deploy using the standard deploy interface, there is a link that allows me to view the deploy progress in Salesforce.

In pipelines, I would like this same feature. When a deploy has been running for a while, it's useful to know where it is in the process and a quick link would be quite nice.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide account owners ability to control and lock certain features for team

Currently, there are some settings that we would like to turn on or off for the entire team. For example, the "Append Validation/Deployment items to ticket" toggles when doing a deployment. It is also unclear that when a team member changes these, they are changing the setting for the entire team, which leads to inconsistent Jira tickets, as some list the components and some do not.

We would like the ability for account owners to control these settings for the team and lock their ability to be changed by team members.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 56 57
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base