Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1138 results found

1. Show data hosting option chosen for an account

It would be great to see the chosen data hosting option for an account in the 'My Account' area. Without it security audits will not be able to verify what setting was chosen and will have to rely on documentation held elsewhere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Re-validate a deployment after failure without returning to compare

Would love the ability to re-validate a deployment after making changes to the target org. I notice this a lot if there's a username issue that needs fixed in the target, I'm able to fix the issue without refreshing the comparison, but still have to return to the compare, go through the automated fixes, and then re-validate the deployment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. CI Job History - Show what CI runs were manual and who triggered the manual run

It's nice that the CI job history shows the source commit link for the auto triggered deployments from Github merges, but for visibility and transparency it would also be good for users to see when a job was triggered from a manual run and what users ran it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Empty cache during meta deployment process

Before you deploy but after you start the process it should be possible to refresh / empty cache to make sure that any updates to the meta data in either source or target are updated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Limit Connections creation

Currently there is no feature to prevent users in creating their own connections within Gearset.

We need users to follow the permission that was setup on the shared connection. We have only 2 users that have the approval to deploy code from a sandbox to production. As they can set up their own connections then this bypasses our restriction

Having a permission only available to the Enterprise user or a user approved to create connections and delegate access would prevent the bypass of access permissions

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow for cross-object mapping with the data deployment add-on

It would be so powerful to allow users to map data to different objects using the data deployment tool. It would allow us to move data efficiently between orgs that don't have completely aligned object APIs and metadata.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Last Modified in Metadata Filter

It would be great if I could set a "last modified" filter when setting which metadata to pull. Rather than go to Apex Classes, wait for the list to refresh, then cherry-pick them, it would be great to simply compare Apex classes modified today, or in the last 30 days, or in the last hour, etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support for WaveRecipe metadata is missing

There is no support for Wave Recipes currently and we are not able to deploy dashboards via Gearset and Continuous Integration.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve error message when XML is not properly escaped

When I choose to compare metadata with my source as my VCS, there was an "&" char in the recordtype XML definition file.

<values>
            <fullName>Food & Beverage</fullName>
            <default>false</default>
        </values>

This threw an error and there was no support and no explanation at that time.

I suggest you to improve this error message.
    Message I got:

Could not parse the XML for 'force-app/main/default/objects/Lead/businessProcesses/Buyer.recordType-meta.xml'. Error occurred at line 71. Further details: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 71, position 29.

File, line and position it's ok. maybe a link to Gearset docs with walkthrough with this probable cause when a parsing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Delete comparisons

Be able to delete a comparison run with wrong filters or just keep the latest comparison

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Salesforce ID to Export History button

Can you add the Salesforce ID to the Export History button for reconciliation purpose.
    We currently have to manually match the Salesforce ID in Gearset with the Salesforce ID on the Salesforce Deployment Status page to get the reference between the source ticket in Jira and the deployed change for compliance purpose which is a time consuming process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reuse earlier retrieved metadata, if nothing has changed

We have a large org and need to select many filters. A comparison take ages. Source of our deployments is mostly Git, which is very fast in retrieving metadata. I would like to have an option, to assume that nothing has changed in target and skip loading metadata of that org and use the metadata of an earlier comparison.
    If we have a small bug in our Git (e.g, test class not correct), we get an error while deployment. That's okay. We fix it in about 1min and want to deploy again. Loading metadata from Git is instant finished loading…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. To give the option to export , Class wise test coverage report in some Excel format

To give the option to export , Class wise test coverage report in some Excel format

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to return sub-components of a Profile from Source Control

Currently, profiles in source control are stored with everything as it's all stored in a single file (apex class permissions, layout assignments, etc). This is done by Salesforce.

When using the new "delta deploy" or any comparison that doesn't include every possible dependent component (ex. apex, layouts, etc) - you see many "new" or "deleted" items related to the fact that source control returns everything within the profile whereas Salesforce only returns specific permissions based on the retrieved components.

It'd be great if Gearset could replicate this behavior with source control to match Salesforce's behavior, where it'll obviously have to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add additional controls to Monitor

Hello Gearset,
    We are exploring using the "Monitoring" functionality to audit our Salesforce production metadata changes for our IT Controls. It looked promising until we found out that anyone on the team can edit any monitor job setting, which creates a loophole in the controls that we can't monitor the monitor.
    So I'm curious to learn from Gearset whether any of the following can be done/requested:
    * Can we limit the Monitor jobs to only be editable by the person who created it?
    * Can we show either an audit history or LastModifedBy/LastModifiedTime of the Monitor job?
    * If the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Gearset should control the order of deployment for Report Types, Reports and Dashboards

Dashboards require Reports, and Reports require Report Types. Yet when I attempt to deploy a group of components that comprises all of the necessary components, I'm hit with errors that the required components don't exist <yet>. That shouldn't happen. This is going to <artificially> require me to do multiple deployments. :(

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow exporting of custom filter settings

I have some regexes configured specifically for continuous integration, changing these would likely break our CI process. I would like to be able to export a JSON or YAML (or whatever sensible text based format) of my filter configuration, so I can easily view which metadata I'm selecting and excluding through regex, and possibly commit this file to source control.

This is primarily because our team shares filters, and I'd hate to lose the configuration because of someone mucking up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Validation Job to validate feature/* branch by scratch org creation

The idea is to validate feature branches in repo. For doing this it's necessary to allow specifying source branch by pattern (like feature/*) in "Add CI validation job" menu. The validation should check whether the code breaks the scratch org creation or not. This is valuable due to fragility of scratch org creation process (sfdx force:source:push).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to cherry pick changes in a file

When comparing changes between a source org and a target org for a given file/metadata component, it will be great to have the ability to choose which change(s) should be promoted from the source org to the target org.

Presently, it's an all-or-nothing scenario i.e. either one deploys all the changes to a given file from source to target or deploys none. As a workaround, we cherry pick changes to a file using VSCode and then deploy to the target org using VSCode –– which is the exception to our "all metadata changes must be deployed through Gearset" policy.

Adding…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow export of code coverage results in daily Unit Testing job

It would be great to be able to export the list of unit tests and their respective code coverage in a csv file for further internal processing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base