Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1130 results found

1. Provide an API for querying deployment info

Please provide an API for querying deployment info such as friendly names, components, deployment notes, etc...

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Automatically revert PR in GitHub CI Jobs

When a CI job fails, the bad code remains in the GitHub repo. I'd like to see a way to revert the commit/PR that caused that failure so that any CI jobs for new, unrelated, commits/PRs won't fail while the developer is working to resolve the issue.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Integrate with Jenkins

Build a Jenkins Plugin to integrate with Gearset that would allow triggering CI jobs and/or deployments.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Display which apex triggers have low code coverage if a deployment fails

It would be great if Gearset can surface which Apex trigger has 0% code coverage when a deployment fails.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Testing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Avoid Analyzer suggesting to deploy a workflow's Sobject when such SObject and all referenced fields exists in the target

Use case:
    1. Deploy from source to target a changed Workflow (from active to deactivated)
    2. Target already has all of the workflow's referenced components (fields used in filter criteria, fields used in Field Update)

Analyzer will tell you "Add the following to the deployment" and something that looks like:

Deploy All
    - object.WfName
    -- object and its subcomponents

Since the object is already in the target as are the subcomponents, this message is alarmingly misleading and could inadvertently lead to deploying an object not yet ready.

The above message…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. AWS CodeCommit ability to view Repos

Today the ability is not there to allow for viewing multiple repositories within AWS Code Commit. One can view a singular repo and the branches that it contains.

In our instance we have different repos for our various instances. We would like to be able to have the ability to go on level deeper and be able to first choose the repo, then choose the branch.

Hit me up with any questions please.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Auto-generate deployment note and git commit message

When Gearset makes a commit, it defaults to a blank deployment note and blank git commit message. Although I can edit this , it would be awesome if you can merge in details from the deploy to the commit (like components changed, what salesforce user made the change etc)

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support aliases for metadata types in the search box

So often, I type something in the search box for a metadata type based on the point-and-click force.com labels and the search comes up with nothing.

I'd suggest an auto-substitute option so if one types in 'Email alert', it auto-prompts for the metadata API substitute: 'Workflow alert' Or, if one types in 'Support process', it auto-prompts to substitute 'Business Process'

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For CI Jobs initiated by Github, dynamically send CI failure / success email to the user who committed to the repo.

Currently, we can only specify a list of users to email, a Slack channel to update, or a Chatter group to post to when a CI job is successful or fails. If there are multiple notifications to a number of people, it's likely they will filter out these messages, so being able to notify the person who the CI Job is most relevant to would be a good improvement.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve comparison performance

If there is one thing that is :-( about Gearset is that for moderate size orgs (a few thousand objects), the default 64 comparison takes too long.

You want to initiate a deployment from source to target and, for whatever reason, you want to make sure you didn't miss anything that needs to be deployed

So, to be safe, you initiate the 64 default comparison.

And you wait (downloading, comparison). This can take several minutes. You go on to other tasks and your zeal to get the deployment done went off onto other things as the comparison time is too…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow deployment of PROFILE only

The main reason we considered Gearset was issues with deploying profiles. Half the object settings, if not more, don't come over with change sets. When attempting to use Gearset to ONLY deploy a profile, we had the same issue. So, what's the point of using GS then? When I talked with one of your technical resources he did mention that was not a common use case. I would think it would be for large organizations like ours (over 3500 employees). We may want to spin up a new profile and just deploy that with no app or any other features…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Initiate comparison from package.xml

I'd like to be able to drop a package.xml file on the New comparison screen. Doing that will have two effects.

First off, it will drive the selection of which metadata types to include in the comparison.

Secondly, it will automatically select the components listed in the package.xml on the comparison results page.

This provides a really good way to expediting a deployment, since package.xml are used pretty universally by both IDEs and standard deployment tools (including packages).It also helps me take advantage of the intelligence of automatic dependency and all of the other goodies that Gearset has. Basically I…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Expand the user security model to restrict user compare / deployment access to defined comparison filters

Hi guys -

In many instances, we would like to restrict user access to certain compare / deploy metadata filters. In our case, it would be rare that all metadata changes are to be deployed and we would like to give our engineers access to only certain filters. This would reduce the risk that items that should not be deployed at a high level will not be deployed. In the current model, if a user has deploy access, they can deploy anything and everything. This is what we are looking to avoid.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Best,

Richard

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Save previously entered comparison filters

I am currently using a standard regex filter each time I do a comparison. It has become quite lengthy such that I can't easily remember it. I have ended up saving it in a separate text file and have to open it, then copy and paste it into Gearset each time I do a comparison. Pretty cumbersome.

It would be nice if the Filter... text box on the comparison results screen was a combo box that when clicked, dropped down a list of recently used filters. Each entry in the list should be removable (like with a little 'x' icon…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have a timer on the compare page to indicate how long the compare is taking

Sometimes a compare can take us 30-45 minutes depending on the complexity of the org. I would like to see a running timer on this page of how long the compare is taking. I don't expect it to say how long is left, just how long it has taken so far. This will help to highlight if any abnormalities are happening, ie. if it's taking a very long time and is only at the Downloading phase for example.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide the option to ignore whitespace differences in Apex

It would be great to have more control over the diff process - particularly to be able to ignore whitespace changes.

If I've made an actual function change to a class, and also auto-indented it, then it would be a lot easier to see the important change if I could hide the whitespace-only changes.

Having the ability to suppress whitespace-only changes on the list of changed objects would be really useful, too.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When the difference between Source and Target, on a particular line, is only in the formatting. Highlight in a different color

From what I can determine you are categorizing the differences as follows:
    Code in Source, not in Target – Highlighted in Green
    Code in Target not in Source – Highlighted in Red
    Difference between code in Source and Target – Highlighted in Yellow

When the difference between Source and Target, on a particular line, is only in the formatting. It would be nice if that was highlighted in a different color than yellow (perhaps grey). It would speed up the review of the code knowing a certain color was only a formatting difference.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have the option to attach test details to test notification email

When you set up notification options for test monitoring, there should be a checkbox for attaching the detailed test result csv file to the email

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Deploying Profiles - Create, Update, Delete

I have noticed that in some scenarios, user profiles cannot be created, deleted or updated. In addition, some pieces such as user license cannot be updated due to the Salesforce architecture. To create a new profile with a specific license, we would have to clone an existing profile that has the correct license and then update the permissions accordingly. When deleting a profile, first we need to ensure that the profile is not associated with a user (it doesn't matter whether the user is active or inactive) and then the profile can be deleted. When updating a profile, based on…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base