Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

47 results found

1. Fix Keyboard shortcuts for selecting differences

When I have a lot of changes to review I'd like to use arrow keys to go up/down and expect "space" to toggle the checkbox for that. However the checkbox focus doesn't move with the highlighted row - so it doesn't work :(

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Include select all option for Manage Custom Filters

Selecting individual items to include for custom filters is a laborious process. We have to exclude 6000 items and we are unable to do this manually. Please add the select all option when using a filter in the manage custom filters dialog so multiple items can be selected at once.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Display API version underneath source and target on Comparison In Progress and other pages

When deploying from org to GIT or vice-versa, the API version being used should be echoed (small font) everywhere the source and target names are shown (such as at top of Comparison in Progress)

This is especially important for GIT where Gearset in the absence of other info will default to V37 that in turn causes issues with picklist comparisons. It can also be important during Sandbox Preview of new releases

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Export Comparison details all items

In the comparison details the tab "all items" it should have the ability to export the table

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Refresh comparison

In the Deployments > Comparison History view, there is currently the action to "View Comparison" but it would also be nice to have a "Refresh Comparison" button next to it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Online help for Manage custom filters

For large Orgs, doing a comparison with the default set of metadata types can take a long time, and so it is necessary to select a smaller subset of metadata types to compare.

However sometimes it is not obvious how a particular configuration change in Salesforce relates to the metadata types in the custom filters dialog, and what dependencies exist between them. For example, after changing "Override" settings in the "Transalation Workbench" in Salesforce, it is not immediately obvious that you need to select both "Custom object" and "Custom object translation" metadata types in Gearset, rather than the "Translations" metadata…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gearset now links to the metadata documentation for each Salesforce type.

If you think there is more information we should be displaying, or if you’d like some custom documentation, then just let us know!

Thanks,
    Kevin

7. Compare to a Specified Source Control Folder vs. Root of Source Control Repository during Comparisons.

I would like the ability to specify a file folder when comparing a sandbox to version control. Most of my salesforce projects have a SRC folder with the contents of my package.xml. By not allowing a source folder when selecting the branch to compare, it renders this comparison useless as all files show as new. Please implement this feature to allow a directory for comparison so that I can justify using / selling this tool.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base