Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate with Agile Accelerator instead of just Jira

Integrate with Agile Accelerator instead of just Jira.
    It would be great if Gearset (and ideally the Pipelines-feature) could integrate with Agile Accelerator.

Since we're a Salesforce-partner we want to use as many Salesforce-native solutions. That's why we've been happily using Agile Accelerator for many years.

It would be great if Gearset can also integrate with Agile Accelerator instead of just Jira.
    Right now the Gearset Pipelines feature isn't useful to us, because of this sole reason.

Thanks for considering this!

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add RecordType support for PersonAccount

Problem analyzer is always trying to remove my picklist values from any RecordTypes on PersonAccount. I am forced to use a custom "Problem analyzer template" where "Remove picklists from record type" is disabled.

Suppose I have a field called pickme: Account.Pickme--pc | Contact.Pickme--c it shows up in the record type XML as Pickme--c, and it seems like gearset tries to find a picklist on account with that exact API name, which will of course fail. My ask is that rather than raising an error at this point, GS should repeat this check on the contact object where it would find…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enable Field Level Mapping for Data Deployments

Currently there is no field mapping option available for Data Deployment of Objects. This is a big blocker if we want to migrate selective fields data across Salesforce instances.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to set and make use of 'deployment rules'

It would be great if we can have the option to set and make use of 'deployment rules':

1 - receive an alert/warning message (in gearset/via email) right before deploying to a selected target environment, for instance - a production environment if certain pre-defined metadata types are included in the deployment.

use cases: a reminder to run all test when deleting metadata, a reminder to activate a flow on target environment after deployment.

2 - block a deployment in the following case scenarions:

a - if the deployment of certain pre-defined metadata types happens within a pre-defined timeframe.

use case:…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Introduce Import/Export feature for Custom Filters

Expose the underlying JSON/XML for Custom Filters so that we can export it, modify it in a text editor either by hand or with python scripts, then load it back into the custom filter.

For example I have my main CI filter with 50ish metadata types, and every other filter is a subset which I establish by cloning the "master" filter and deselecting metadata types. Whenever I make a change to the master filter I am forced to nuke all the the "detail" filters and recreate them off the master using the above approach.

So many clicks. My preference would…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make Custom Filters a Top-Level Menu Item

Filters are arguably the best part of gearset, especially with the support for RegEx. It is kind of a bummer that they are tucked away in a modal that can only be reached by clicking into a dropdown. Ideally you could just go to Hamburger > Metadata Deployments > Custom Filters and be routed to a dedicated page.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. extend the GearSet public API to include Data deployments between Sandboxes and Scratch Orgs

Allow triggering Data deployments via the public API to eliminate having to sync data manually. This also includes triggering creation of Scratch Orgs via the Gearset API so that Gearset can instantly recognize them them.

The workflow we would like to automate is: feature branch is checked out which triggers a CI/CD system pipeline to create a corresponding scratch org, do a metadata deployment from a test sandbox, and sync data from the same test sandbox. This allows us to create on-demand full copies of the environment for purposes of E2E testing (inc. external integrations) and feature development that requires…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hide re-ordering in a Monitoring job

We have a monitoring job set up to check production changes. However, re-ordering in some components are popping up as false positive. For example, Entitlement Process and Site.com. Everyday I get an email saying # of changes have been made on production. I'd like to not see these false positives in the # so that I do not need to go to each comparison every day just to realize that it's a re-ordering issue.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. xml formatting support for Illuminated Cloud

I would like to see support in the 'XML quote escaping style' for Illuminted Cloud (and potentially other IDE Vendors)
    I am struggling currently as my Admins use gearset for source control commits and my developers use Webstorm and Illuminated Cloud which causes conflicts (generally with the utf/UTF issues but some others as well around validation rules and some formula fields).
    Ideally, If a team standardizes around one IDE then all they have to do is come in to that setting and set it to what the IDE does as a default and then you wouldn't get any conflicts with…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow me to configure my default landing page on logging in

Specifically, I use the Pipelines most of the time and would love for that to be there as soon as I login. While my use case is Pipelines specific, I would guess that others might want a different page when they login, so it would be nice to be able to configure this on a per-account basis.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow page layout field additions and removals to be selectable

As a user, when selecting page layout changes to include in my deployment, I would like to include only the fields I have added that are different from my destination environment.

Dev environments can be worked on by different people. There are times when a solution requires adding an existing field to a page layout to solve your user story.
    At the same time, another user story may also be making changes to that page layout using different fields (removing or adding).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Possibility to validate a feature branch as a whole without having to select the Metadata type

It looks like the current validation jobs setup in Gearset needs the Metadata Type to be explicitly selected to perform the validation. This should ideally be optional and there should be a capability to just validate everything that is there in the feature branch against the target org. It's really annoying for us that we have to select the Metadata Types to be validated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Salesfroce Automation testing

It will be great if gearset implements salesforce automation tools like Selenium, Accelq, Testim, opkey ect.

The customer will have all the tools together( deployment, data backup, and testing automation).

Salesfroce Automation testing

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow record data load from CSV file

While it is nice to deploy record data from org to org with Gearset, it would also be nice to be able to deploy data from a CSV file, with the ability to custom map the headers. Native Salesforce Dataloader has this capability, as well as many 3rd party tools out there. Please incorporate this capability into Gearset.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Include Deployment Name on Continuous integration dashboard

On the Continuous integration dashboard, specifically in the Validation only CI jobs section, there is no way to associate a validation job with the deployment dashboard in Salesforce. We have a validation only job set up to run tests on PRs when they're created. If we get a handful of them all at once, there is a long list of validation jobs running, but we can't tell which one is the one that's actively running. There is no link between the job in gearset and the job in salesforce.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make Gearset more responsive via web design

Currently when doing deployments I have realized when i migrate to a smaller screen that gearset isn't super responsive and sometimes i have to drag it back to my larger monitor. This was really highlighted when I was attempting to deploy some metadata from my phone (mac was updating).
    Please make gearset more responsive so I can deploy from my phone.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Import .csv data to avoid using tools like Data Loader, dataloader.io or Workbench

It would be useful to be able to import data with Gearset from a .csv, so that I wouldn't have to use tools like Data Loader (newest versions are extremely buggy on macOS), Workbench or pay for a separate tool like dataloader.io.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Jira comment only for production releases

We would like to have the option to choose which deployments create Jira comments. As business users often watch our Jira tickets, we would prefer only posting comments when we actually "release" (deploy to our production org) and skip comments for releases on sandbox environments.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create a pop-up warning when on the Selected Items tab before you can deselect all items

Without the Undo feature, there is the odd time (nightmare situation) where you haven't saved your compare and are on the Selected Items tab and accidentally deselect all items. It would be great to get warned that all work will be lost unless it's saved or the deselect action is canceled.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Saved Comparisons should be visible to team members

I have a team that has access to Gearset but unfortunately they cannot view the Saved Comparisons I've created. To reduce unnecessary time spent on creating and maintaining Saved Comparisons, it would be greatly appreciated if the Saved Comparisons could be shared with the team and possibly allow the owner to delegate access to the Saved Comparisons.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 46 47
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base