Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

11 results found

1. Ability to transfer Salesforce Org Connections to another user

I'm setting up my Salesforce Org Connections using an integration API Salesforce user account. It's a neutral account that isn't tied to any real person. Once these Org Connections are setup, I'm going to delegate them to other users, so they won't have to duplicate effort setting up their own Org Connections. It would be nice to be able to transfer these neutral connections to another user if I happen to leave the company or whatever.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to lockdown access to delete Deployment history

It'd be nice if there was a way for admins to restrict access for devs/other users when it comes to deleting items from deployment history. The use case here is when a sprint is done and we're promoting changes from QA to UAT, it'd be nice to select all the sprint packages and combine them from deployment history so a user doesn't have to go through each change at a time. Providing full access to everyone opens the possibility for them to delete a package that should've been bundled with other packages on the promotion to UAT.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. User Last loggged in and User Usage

It would be great to see when a team member last logged in on the user account management page. It would also be great to see like a report or extension on the user page where we can see user usage information. Like number of compares, deployments, etc.. may when last compare was done.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Documentation around ramifications of deleting a connection (and possibly an Archive option)

I haven't seen anywhere in the support documentation that details any ramifications (if any) when deleting a no longer needed Salesforce connection in GearSet.

The kind of ramifications I'm thinking about are:

• Validated Packages based on the connection, could I still review/clone/deploy?

• Deployment History - will all information still be available? Can I still clone from a previous deployment?

• Comparison History - can I pull up a previous compare?

etc.

If there is any negative impact to the above, then it would be appropriate to have an "Archive" option for Salesforce connections. The thought with this would be one, the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jonathan,

I have written a document detailing what happens when a connection is deleted. 

You can view it here - https://docs.gearset.com/en/articles/7882840-deleting-an-org-connection.

Thank you for your feedback and please do tell us if there is anything I've missed out.

Quinn Kuiper

Customer Success at Gearset

5. Warn user that clicking the "What's New in this version" will navigate away from the page they are on

The "What's New" toast for changes in Gearset looks like it will be a popup or overlay based on the UI, but when clicked actually navigates away from the current page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have "You're Using a New Version of Gearset" Open in a New Tab

The tab that shows "You're Using a New Version of Gearset" should open in a new tab. Sometimes I click it to see the release notes and end up losing work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow multiple ownership in Gearset

Currently only the creator (owner) of Schedule Test, Monitor Orgs and Manage Orgs can edit these activities. It would be helpful if we could designate more than 1 Owner for these activities. Similar to granting access to the various orgs (Comparison, Validation& Deployment) it makes sense to also include an Owner access as well.

If this is not possible, having a transfer ownership button would be helpful for each activity.

Thanks!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Naming Org Pairs

I'd like to be able to name 'Pairs' of orgs so I don't have to re-select them, like 'DEV to UAT' or 'HOTFIX to Production'

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. More friendly user solution for affecting free licenses to users

Hello,

When we have 2 or more licenses and have to reaffect to a new user a license which was used before by an other user, the system disables all access to deployment fonctionalities for owner and members. We have to set all license types to "None" before being able to reaffect them to the right type of license. Can I suggest to find a more user friendly solution consisting in telling Gearset which available license to affect to which user ? Because we had to call support for finding how to solve.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add the ability to deactivate an invitation.

Hi, I think the system needs the ability to deactivate an invitation. I sent the invite to the wrong email and I don't see any way to deactivate the invite. other than copying the link and signing up with my account. I realize it expires after 3-5 days but i sent it joe123@gmail when I should have sent it to joe124@gmail and i just don't want to risk an unknown user getting into our metadata.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a 'Share Organization' shortcut under 'Actions' in Manage Organizations

For team members without access to a saved organization, the hover tip on the inactive 'Open Draft' button in Draft Deployments reads "You don't currently have permission to edit this draft. Request access from the owner of the source and target credentials".

If the org owner looks under 'Manage Organizations' to remedy this, there's no information on this page indicating how to grant access . Most users on our team are Account Members (not Account Owners), and not familiar with navigating the 'Account' menu options.

Would suggest a 'Share' shortcut under Actions in 'Manage Organizations' to take the org owner…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base