Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

25 results found

1. Preserve spacing in formulas!

When deploying components like workflow rules, workflow field updates, and validation rules, it would be great if the spacing (i.e. carriage returns) did not get lost after deployment. This is especially frustrating for complex formulas where care has been taken to properly indent the formula for easy maintenance.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow Migration of Data Records to Production

Salesforce CPQ uses Data for things that are traditionally done with meta-data. Due to this pricing logic, production configuration information, approval logic, and pretty much the entirety of the package is controlled with data.

Gearset has limited its data migration tool from being able to deploy data to a production org. This renders it useless when working with Salesforce CPQ and has me recommending competitors over Gearset to clients. Gearset is a better UI & workflow than other competitors, but this is a major flaw that should be removed!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. View Data deployment history

Would be great to see the data-deployment history in Gearset UI. Also, the ability to replay them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The data deployment history page now enables you to view the deployment finished page for any of your previous data deployments.

With the ability to save a configuration template from a data deployment you can also then reapply the same configuration for the same source org in its current state.

4. Add the ability to filter by Date to Data Deployment

It would be very helpful to some processes I run if I could do data deployment filtered based on date - date created specifically. I am trying to migrate some test data from Production to QA/User Testing and I get duplicates now. A filter on created date would solve the problem entirely.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to change the value of a field on import

Price Rules have Price Conditions and Price Actions and sometimes Lookup Queries hanging off of them as related objects. Some of the price rules wouldn't get created because there is a field called Conditions Met and it equaled Custom. If we were doing this migration via data loader, I would set those records to equal All for the value just to get the price rules in. Then we would load the Price Conditions. Then we would do an update to the price rules to set it to what it should be - Custom. We cannot save the record initially with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now deploy Price Rules and Price Conditions when Conditions Met is set to Custom. You’ll need to have either All or Any set as the default picklist value for the deployment to work.

It’s also possible to deploy Product Rules and Error Conditions, and Approval Rules and Approval Conditions.

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base