Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

47 results found

1. Deploy CMS/CRM Connection and and CMS Collections

We would like to be able to deploy CMS/CRM Connection and and CMS Collections. They are a part of Community Workspace.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Stop Reordering Package.xml

We would like to keep our package.xml file in alphabetical/lexicographical order by the <type> element. Gearset appears to change the order so that datatypes that include all <members> elements (i.e. use an asterisk) are placed at the bottom of the file. This inconsistent sort order makes datatypes harder to find when viewing or amending the file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Deployment screen to show which components were selected vs included

When you get to the summary page, often times you will be deploying with the need for sub-components to be included in the package despite them being actual changes.

When you're selecting those items inside the comparison page, it would be helpful to see that total be reflected in the deployment summary page. So if you picked 50 items to deploy but it needed an additional 1,000 components (despite them having No Difference) then we should see those breakdowns on the Deployment Summary

Gearset soft alrt message "Some components with difference type of No difference have been added to the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Prompt metadata type

Please add the new Prompt metadata type

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dependency Enhancement for App Menu metadata

Currently, when we compare App Menu metadata, the "Depends On" tree is empty, even though it definitely has dependencies on connectedApps and customApplications.

Please add dependency analysis for App Menu metadata,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Unscramble order of <excludeButtons> tags in Layout metadata

Page Layouts use the <excludeButtons> element to indicate the presence or absence of standard buttons on a layout.

But this element appears in an arbitrary order when retrieved. Unlike other metadata which gets canonicalized by sorting alphabetically.

Gearset could sort these elements to avoid the random order causing random diffs to appear in metadata comparisons when in reality there is no difference.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When Gearset detects that the only differences in your Layout are the result of reordering, and so there aren't any real differences to show you, it will automatically consider this metadata to be unchanged. As a result, this Layout won't appear in the list of changed metadata and will no longer clutter up your comparison results.

If there are any material differences in your Layouts, they will still appear in your comparison results as normal. 

And you'll be able to use the Hide reordering checkbox to filter out any immaterial differences, just as you would for other metadata types.

More details: https://gearset.com/blog/smarter-salesforce-comparisons-that-hide-reordered-xml/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic_post&utm_content=blog_smarter_salesforce_comparisons

7. Enhance XML meta data comparison to ignore changes in XML order

In org monitoring we frequently get notification about changes an the only thing is a change to the order of the XML elements returned.
    The XML is virtually the same but the order of elements returned changed from one day to the other.

It makes differentiating "real" changes from those false positives time-consuming.

It would be great if those kind of changes could be ignored or if there was an option to configure the XML comparison behavior for each monitoring job.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Deploy single layoutitems

In Layouts there are multiple layoutItems. it would be helpful if we could to deploy single <layoutItems> from a Layout without affecting other <layoutItems>.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Display API version underneath source and target on Comparison In Progress and other pages

When deploying from org to GIT or vice-versa, the API version being used should be echoed (small font) everywhere the source and target names are shown (such as at top of Comparison in Progress)

This is especially important for GIT where Gearset in the absence of other info will default to V37 that in turn causes issues with picklist comparisons. It can also be important during Sandbox Preview of new releases

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Search for test classes

It would be nice to be able to search for test classes instead of having to type them out in a comma separated list. Gearset already has such a nice search capability and it would be great if it were applied to that dialog as well.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Filter comparions by date since x

The current functionality for filtering by date is welcomed, but I would like to suggest the ability to filter by date range.
    Just some examples:
    Date >= x
    Date <= x
    Date >= x and <= y

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow me to exclude metadata.

I have certain metadata which is broken or dangerous to migrate from a dev org, I'd like to exclude it from this and subsequent releases. If I could 'right click' and ignore it that would be good.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to select Field Sets as a separate item

It seems that Field Sets are deployed by deploying the object that they are related to.

This doesn't work well for me because I have admins changing objects in production, but I often need to deploy a Field Set to go with my code.

Currently, I'm jumping out of Gearset and deploying a Change Set with just the Field Sets, then coming back to Gearset to deploy my code.

It would be nice if I could select just the Field Sets and deploy them without changing anything else related to the object.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Field sets are currently deployable as individual items assuming the object they belong to already exists in some form in the target. If the object the field sets belong to doesn’t exist in target yet, then it must first be partially created in the target for Gearset to be able to deploy individual sub components. Thanks for the suggestion!

14. Allow multi-selection of items with CTRL or SHIFT

It would be great to be able to select multiple items in a comparison using crtl or shift click, rather than checking the boxes one by one

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. provide a verification that a metadata filter is to be deleted.

It's far too easy to delete a custom metadata filter. When deleted, there is no way to retrieve it. Currently, I create backups of the filter by storing them with the same filter name and datetime. It's in case someone or even myself accidentally deletes the filter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Compare to a Specified Source Control Folder vs. Root of Source Control Repository during Comparisons.

I would like the ability to specify a file folder when comparing a sandbox to version control. Most of my salesforce projects have a SRC folder with the contents of my package.xml. By not allowing a source folder when selecting the branch to compare, it renders this comparison useless as all files show as new. Please implement this feature to allow a directory for comparison so that I can justify using / selling this tool.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have a way to exclude objects from comparison

Before using Gearset we used the Force.Com migration tool. We got to learn that several things just can't be deployed to sandboxes so we always excluded them from source control, or learnt to not merge them.

Gearset has filters which mean you can specify things to include, but it would be nice to have things it would automatically exclude for you (i.e. not show in comparison). Some of these it already knows not to try and deploy. Things like

Admin.ProfileUserPermission.EditBillingInfo
    Admin.ProfileUserPermission.ManageSandboxes
    etc.

but there's a few other random pieces that I have to remember to untick each time or deployment…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now exclude specific items in your custom metadata filters in a similar way to how you include specific items.

This won’t cover some cases, such as excluding subcomponents like specific user permissions within a profile, but for those cases let’s open a new specific feature request.

18. Fix Keyboard shortcuts for selecting differences

When I have a lot of changes to review I'd like to use arrow keys to go up/down and expect "space" to toggle the checkbox for that. However the checkbox focus doesn't move with the highlighted row - so it doesn't work :(

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Include ability to add inclusion/exclusion option for custom filters

For custom filters we need to exclude objects that are non-relevant. Most often these are managed packages (eg. fflib*, al, rstk__, etc). The only way to do this currently is to deselect all items and manually select each item individually. Not only is this a laborious process, this means that anytime any other new objects are created, these custom filters will ALWAYS need to be updated in order to include them. An inclusion/exclusion filter offers greater flexibility and is maintainable. The current approach is neither a manageable nor scalable process for a large development team. Alternatively, add…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Include select all option for Manage Custom Filters

Selecting individual items to include for custom filters is a laborious process. We have to exclude 6000 items and we are unable to do this manually. Please add the select all option when using a filter in the manage custom filters dialog so multiple items can be selected at once.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base