Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

334 results found

1. Webhook errors page does not have a scroll bar

Firstly, thank you for adding the Webhook errors page! This surely will help us troubleshoot webhook issues. However, I am having an issue viewing the page.

Steps to reproduce:

Using Chrome or Edge, Windows 10
    Pipeline > Gear Icon > View Webhook Errors > Observe that there is no scroll bar on the side of the page, nor does scrolling with mouse work as expected, yet there's clearly additional rows partially displayed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Improve the doc page: Fixing a feature that’s halfway through the pipeline

The procedure as written seems complex and counter-intuitive

Given that a developer sees the process as DEV->Integration->UAT, if an error is detected in UAT manual or automated testing, the fix should flow from DEV -> integration -> UAT.

But the article has the fix going from DEV->UAT and then back propagations back to Integration plus manual PRs created in VCS. This seems way too complicated and hard to understand for a mere admin or junior dev

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 'View and Resolve Conflicts' button should open in a new tab

More of a UX enhancement than a bug but not sure where else to put this. From a PR in the pipeline, the 'View and Resolve Conflicts' does not allow me to open the page in a new tab (tried Chrome and Edge). It would improve my workflow quite a bit if it opened in a new tab by default, or at least gave me the option to right-click open in a new tab. The conflicts take a while to load and I almost always have something else to look at on the CI pipeline page while the conflicts are…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. MetaData Type for BatchProcessJobDefinition missing

The MetaDataType for BatchProcessJobDefinition is missing from GearSet's list.
    Need this added to allow us to deploy Batch Process Job Definitions between environments.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.industries_reference.meta/industries_reference/meta_batchprocessjobdefinition.htm

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Support OmniSupervisorConfig Metadata Type

Can you please support OmniSupervisorConfig metadata type that was introduced in Spring '23 (API v57.0) as per the official documentation: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_meta.meta/api_meta/meta_omnisupervisorconfig.htm

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add ability to precision deploy custom applications and all other file types

The ability to select specific lines in files for deployments is crucial for org and project management, and should be expanded to all file types. For example it currently is not possible to only deploy a new tab in a custom application, without deploying all other changes in that custom app, which is not manageable with multiple projects/updates being worked on that application concurrently.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Precision Deployments for Lead Convert Settings

Precision Deployment is currently not enabled for lead convert settings metadata. 2 orgs may have different lead convert settings or we may not want to migrate all the mappings from one to other. Hence, this is a must have.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option to exclude all custom fields during data deployment

Hi, We are doing data deployment from one production org to another production org and we have completed the migration of all records of a particular custom object but after completion of record migration the client wanted to migrate the files and attachments present in the records.

while doing so we do need to update all custom fields present in the records again as this could replace the updated records with old data from old production.

So we have used the exclude fields option but there is no option to select exclude all fields at a time we have to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Refresh Comparison enhancements

When doing a "Refresh Comparison", allow only refreshing the source. Or to only refresh the selected items from the source and/or target.
    Example, deploying from a git branch to a sandbox, refreshing the metadata takes a few seconds from git, several minutes from the sandbox (target).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like the option to view the delta CI only changes within the comparison, like the agents who are helping me untangle issues

I would like the option to view the delta CI only changes within the comparison, like the agents who are helping me untangle issues. ask kevin slattery to show you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Partial environment variable replacement and wildcards

Some types of metadata, such as Platform Event Subscriber Configuration, have attributes identifying a user by username. As such, regardless of the value in the source environment, the value deployed to the target org must match the username pattern of that org.

For example, if the value in the source repo is <user>name@example.com</user>, when deployed to a sandbox, it must be <user>name@example.com.sandbox1</user>. From sandbox to sandbox: <user>name@example.com.sandbox1</user> must become <user>name@example.com.sandbox2</user>. And finally, when going from sandbox to production: <user>name@example.com.sandbox1</user> to <user>name@example.com</user>.

This could be solved by supporting environment…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. support blank values and/or regex in the "Find What" field on Environment Variables

...support blank values and/or regex in the "Find What" field on Environment Variables.

I would like to replace the value in a field on a Custom Metadata Type with an environment specific value, regardless as to what the value is in the source file. Currently I need to specify an specific value in the source to be replaced.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now use Regular Expressions with Environment variables.

Simply enter the regex value in the "Find what" field and tick the "Regex" checkbox before hitting "Add environment variable" button. 

Thank you for submitting the requests. 

13. Add schedule deployment for Pipelines

It would be great to add a new feature to cherry pick and schedule deployment for the changes that have reached up till staging/uat and should be released to Prod. Without this feature it becomes difficult to manage releases to avoid downtime.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow page layout field additions and removals to be selectable

As a user, when selecting page layout changes to include in my deployment, I would like to include only the fields I have added that are different from my destination environment.

Dev environments can be worked on by different people. There are times when a solution requires adding an existing field to a page layout to solve your user story.
    At the same time, another user story may also be making changes to that page layout using different fields (removing or adding).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Deleted matching rule not showing as difference when trying to commit

The deleted matching rule is shown as 'deleted' in the comparison but when trying to commit and moving to the overview screen it is shown as 'no difference' which makes it impossible to commit.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow me to configure my default landing page on logging in

Specifically, I use the Pipelines most of the time and would love for that to be there as soon as I login. While my use case is Pipelines specific, I would guess that others might want a different page when they login, so it would be nice to be able to configure this on a per-account basis.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow users to specify when to apply Environment Variables

A good feature would be to have some setting that lets you declare when you should apply environment variables. Since right now it is applied automatically during manual deployments and CI deployments. Perhaps in the wizard when you configure deployments there should be some option there to declare if environment variables should be applied or not?

We have some Custom Metadata and Custom Settings that always need to be updated post-refresh based on the new sandbox instances and it would be useful to use environment variables to set these values and deploy them one-time without them being deployed in every…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Environment variables will only be applied if its configuration as specified by the user (metadata type, item name, and a field for some types) matches the type and item name in the deployment package. 

In all other cases, environment variables won't apply. 

Added clarification in the Environment Variables config page: 

"Environment variables will be applied automatically during both manual deployments and continuous integration deployments if the metadata item is included in the deployment package."

18. Ability to transfer Salesforce Org Connections to another user

I'm setting up my Salesforce Org Connections using an integration API Salesforce user account. It's a neutral account that isn't tied to any real person. Once these Org Connections are setup, I'm going to delegate them to other users, so they won't have to duplicate effort setting up their own Org Connections. It would be nice to be able to transfer these neutral connections to another user if I happen to leave the company or whatever.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. re-add "re-authorize" link on compare view

After refreshing a sandbox, you have to re-authorize the sandbox-org. A while ago, there was a link to do so. Now we have to navigate to the list of orgs to re-authorize there.

Please give us back the re-authorize shortcut :)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have now added a 'Re-authorize' button to the access token expiry warning message that will typically appear when selecting Salesforce orgs with an expired token on the initial 'Compare and deploy' page.

20. add an option to sign commits with GPG key

If a source control space has enforced GPG key signature for all commits, gearset is not able to push any commits.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base