Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

337 results found

1. Export subset of data in data backup

I would like to be able to filter what I want to export from a data backup, since I probably won't need everything from the database. This would make the downloading more manageable.

Ex: Export only ContactID and Email fields from Contact object from a specific backup.

(Restore data seems to allow this, but in this specific case I needed to run some checks in Excel since I couldn't just update everything with the old data)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Data backup  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now select the object(s) to export for a particular backup run.

Simply go to the backup history for a job, and for a backup run, choose the ‘Download data’ option in the context menu to choose the subset of data that you’d like to export.

2. Add support for the WorkSkillRouting metadata type

WorkSkillRouting is a key object in the configuration of Skills-based Routing for omni-channel (using Attribute Setup, not apex class), please add support for this object to enable comparison and deployment.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Test Run results

Test Run results show duration in Seconds but I believe the results are actually in Milliseconds

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Correctly create Price Book Entries records with different currencies and updated PBEs when they are out of sync (or delete+insert)

1) Currently PBEs are incorrectly inserted with the company currency as apposed to the currency of the source record.

2) PBE's currency cannot be updated once created (SF restriction) but because PBE's should not be referenced by Id, (that would be a terrible design decision). It is quite possible to delete and recreate any out of sync records.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add support for CMS Connect Sources

Please add support for CMS Connect Sources in the comparison filters as well as the deployments and CI jobs.
    We're working with CMS Connect in our current developments of a customer community and we'd like to deploy this metadata as well.
    See the metadata api documentation: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_meta.meta/api_meta/meta_cmsconnectsource.htm

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow users with owner role to modify and start backups

Allow designated users the ability to modify and start backups without being the owner of the connected org or the person who created the backup.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data backup  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now specify other team members to have permissions to manage and start backup jobs they don’t own.

The current owner of the backup job will need to edit the current job settings, go to the new ‘Permissions’ tab and choose the team member and level of access that you’d like to grant them to manage your backup job.

7. Treat "New" FLS entries that don't grant any access as "Not Different" in Profiles and Permission Sets

Due to a recent change in the SF API, Permission sets now display every field in the org as a "New" FLS item, with Readable and Editable both set to False. This is leading to two distinctly negative results.

1) For every "Permissions for FieldNameXXX" item, every permission set in the org is modified. If two projects on two different sandboxes each add a field, they will both modify modify all the same files, and require manual XML merge. for our org thats almost 70 files that need manual merge with every new field.

2) When you dig into a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow Team Members to Run Scheduled Unit Test Jobs

Execute Others’ Unit Tests

John Doe creates daily unit test job for SuperHeros R Us. He schedules it to run nightly.
    Jane Smith, a member of the same Gearset team, is responsible for doing the weekly deploy for SuperHeros R Us. The unit test job from the previous day has failed (it had been previously working). Jane makes updates to the tests, and needs to re-run the unit test job. But she does not have permissions and John is out on PTO for the day. So… she needs to do it manually.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Testing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Documentation around ramifications of deleting a connection (and possibly an Archive option)

I haven't seen anywhere in the support documentation that details any ramifications (if any) when deleting a no longer needed Salesforce connection in GearSet.

The kind of ramifications I'm thinking about are:

• Validated Packages based on the connection, could I still review/clone/deploy?

• Deployment History - will all information still be available? Can I still clone from a previous deployment?

• Comparison History - can I pull up a previous compare?

etc.

If there is any negative impact to the above, then it would be appropriate to have an "Archive" option for Salesforce connections. The thought with this would be one, the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jonathan,

I have written a document detailing what happens when a connection is deleted. 

You can view it here - https://docs.gearset.com/en/articles/7882840-deleting-an-org-connection.

Thank you for your feedback and please do tell us if there is anything I've missed out.

Quinn Kuiper

Customer Success at Gearset

10. Show start time, end time and duration of a data deployment

This would be very helpful in order to communicate and set expectations with others on how long Data Deployments take as well as seeing how to improve the speed of longer running Data Deployments. If only one date/time can be displayed, then I think it would be better to see the End Time of the Data Deployment job. Currently, the Date column listed appears to be either (1) the start time of the Data Deployment job, or (2) the date/time when the Configure and deploy was clicked to start configuring the job. If it's #2, this isn't very useful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support the CustomHelpMenuSection metadata item

We use the CustomHelpMenuSection item to customise our Help & Training dropdown list in Salesforce, and we would like to include it in our deployments automatically.

It's been available in the Metadata API since version 45, but Gearset doesn't appear to support it yet.

Will it be available soon?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Failure Information to CI Job's Email Notifications

Currently, Unit Test jobs provide a nice email notification of what tests failed right in the email body.

CI jobs, however, provides the same generic message for failures for validations as below:

"The validation only CI job, Release Validation, has failed. Find and fix the validation issues on the error summary page in your CI job history"

and for CI deployments

"A continuous integration job, Prod to Dev3, has failed. No changes were deployed to the target org.

Find and fix the deployment issues on the error summary page in your CI job history. "

It'd be great to get…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support integration with OKTA

Salesforce orgs that have OKTA as a SSO Identify Provider cannot seem to be connected to Gearset using SF Authentication. Therefore is makes it impossible to do Monitoring and Tests.

Please look into supporting OKTA SSO

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow users to discard chunks/certain changes before deploying to target

For example I'm on the diff screen and I see my page layout has 5 changes/chunks of changes, but I only want to commit/deploy the first one - please add functionality so that I can discard/ignore the other 4 changes in the file and only deploy the one change I want.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Resolve "Data Owner" User metadata from difference comparisons (always exclude or compare, then exclude)

Salesforce has begun adding User metadata to fields. One good example right now is the "Data Owner" field that appears on all custom fields now (in XML this field is labelled as "BusinessOwnerUser"). The field does not link via a Salesforce ID; it instead displays the Salesforce Username of the user.

Naturally, this field in 99.9% of Salesforce environment comparisons is going to be different. "user@domain.com.sandbox" won't ever match to "user@domain.com" in production-- and it definitely won't ever match to any other Sandbox, either.

This leads to a nightmare scenario where if this field has been…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have added a problem analyzer to detect and fix the issue with ‘businessOwnerUser’, as follows.

Problem: custom fields referencing a specific user will fail if that user doesn’t exist in the target.

Solution: this will replace the source ‘businessOwnerUser’ reference with the value from the target’s custom field.

17. Select more than one item at the same time

On "Items to include/exclude for Custom application" view, it would be really nice if we could select more than one item at the same time, using SHIFT shortcut.
    When clicking on "Named Item", and if you want to select from the 49th line to 63th line for example, and to avoid to select manually 15 lines with 15 clicks.
    We could just select the 49th line, and with SHIFT, click on the 63th line to select them.
    Thx

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Upgrade to PMD 6.17.0

Current version is 6.11.0.

We should be consistent with newer version. We are having issues with older version in Gearset regarding the ApexDoc rule.

The issue was described and discussed with Valerio in the chat.

Thanks

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Deployment screen to show which components were selected vs included

When you get to the summary page, often times you will be deploying with the need for sub-components to be included in the package despite them being actual changes.

When you're selecting those items inside the comparison page, it would be helpful to see that total be reflected in the deployment summary page. So if you picked 50 items to deploy but it needed an additional 1,000 components (despite them having No Difference) then we should see those breakdowns on the Deployment Summary

Gearset soft alrt message "Some components with difference type of No difference have been added to the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Refresh specific item in comparison through context menu

It would be great to refresh a specific item within a comparison that I know has changed since the last comparison.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gearset now supports:

- Refreshing a single item - available either from the context menu (by right-clicking an item in the comparison results table) or by using the "Refresh item" button in the XML preview window

- Refreshing selected items - available from the context menu once one or more items are selected

Thank you for commenting on and upvoting this request. We hope this new Gearset feature is going to speed up your workflow!

If anyone has feedback or suggestions, please contact us via the in-app widget.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base