Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

72 results found

1. Analyzer: Duplicate child relationship name detection

Use case -

target org has child object O lookup field F1 with childRelationship = Foo
    source org has child object O lookup field F2 with childRelationship = Foo

If you deploy, SFDC tells you that there is already a Child Relationship Foo on O

Analyzer could detect this and warn developer before deployment

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Analyzer enhancement - detect missing ContentAsset in CustomApplication

Given this XML in CustomApplication

<CustomApplication xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
    <brand>
    <headerColor>#0070D2</headerColor>
    <logo>MyLogo</logo>
    <logoVersion>1</logoVersion>
    <shouldOverrideOrgTheme>false</shouldOverrideOrgTheme>
    </brand>

If user forgets to select Content Asset MyLogo, Analyzer should detect.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Warn if source version is greater than the version of the target org.

Often, salesforce will deploy the latest API version to sandbox orgs before production orgs. Therefore it's easy to use API version 55 in your sandbox and then get a failure message when you try to deploy it to your production org which is at version 54. Unfortunately, you have to start to validate your deploy before you get this message. This could be a pre-deployment issue that you can notified right away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support deployment of password and session policies via Gearset

According to the Salesforce developer link https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000349181&type=1

Password and Session policies include a numeric code which is equal to a epoc timestamp. This timestamp will be different in each org. In order for deployment to succeed, the timestamp code in the metadata name must match the target org. Since all orgs are different, there isn't an automatic way to do this.

Please create a feature in gearset that will automatically replace the timestamp numeric code with that of the target org so that we can use gearset to deploy password and sessions policies.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Owner role to enable delegated org access of other users

If another user doesn't already have delegated access granted and their is a deployment with an issue there is no way for someone else to rollback the deployment and no way to override it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow owners to setup delegated org access of members

Without already having delegated access granted there is no way to rollback a deployment from another user. There should be a permission to override this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide help link/button on each analyzer problem pane with specifiec discussion

Suggestion
    In "Problem Analysis" page, the problems indicated and solutions are not necessarily obvious and understandable.

The suggestion to read more about the analysers in the user guide is in the case I'm facing an enormous challenge.

Copy and paste the problem into your search mechanism brings back endless answers - not one used the wording in the problem statement!.

Here's an idea, have a button/link with each problem that take one to the user guide section (or other documentation) exploring the problem.

No hunting for answers as the 1st choice to figure out what your product is saying. It's…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Apply certain PA outputs back to the comparison as a "quick fix"

The main example where I have wished for this pretty strongly is the "missing permissions" PA. This is the one that warns "not all permissions are included in the deployment". It would be useful to be able to go from that PA to a view where one could either add all the missing permissions in one go, or do so selectively by profile or permission set. Right now one has to screen scrape the output, paste it into a text file, go back into the comparison and laboriously hunt through the comparison to find the missing nodes, then add them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide output from Gearset during the validation in terms of what tests were being run

I had unit testing jobs running ALL tests in source (full sandbox) and target (production) org - resulting in 80% and 79% test coverage. However, when I started to deploy my changes - the validation failed because test coverage was only 74%. Finally, after a few days, I figured it out.

I was just simply clicking "Validate" (i.e., did not choose specific tests). In the past - that ran "all tests". But something seems to have changed. When I picked "choose tests", about half the tests in my org were "automatically selected". I manually selected all other tests - effectively…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Offer the ability to set the ignorewarnings flag on an individual "Compare and Deploy" basis.

Would like to see the ability to set the IgnoreWarnings as an override for an individual Compare and deploy, in addition to at the global level. Occasionally, we will do a community deploy, for example, that returns a warning about a page that includes a Dashboard component, with the warning that the Dashboard ID or the Filter ID might not exist in the target environment. Once we see those errors in the validation results, it would be convenient to rerun the deploy, and ignore those warnings. Possibly similar to how the Test execution options are set on the Deploy button…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Move Failed Tests before Passed Tests when deployment Fails

Hi,

I would love to see the Failed tests to be listed above the Passed tests in case deployment fails.

Right now User has to always scroll down at the list (as you are usually not interested on what has Passed rather what Failed).

Also this shouold be super simple to implement :)

Thank you & keep up the good work,
    Cheers,
    O.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add or ignore parts of XML after the comparison to ignore other users changes

If there are multiple users making changing the metadata in Salesforce and when one has to deploy their changes, it is not possible to pick the changes that are specific to one person, For this we have to go to VS code and use git patch mode to add only the necessary changes for a specific user. If we have an option to edit the xml after the comparision and pick only necessary pieces and deploy it to next org will save time and also switching between multiple orgs. Currently the comparison editor is read only mode.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Deploy first fields where <trackHistory> was changed from true to false.

Deploy first fields where <trackHistory> was changed from true to false.
    I am currently deploying fields changes and getting error that too many fields are tracked because fields with true ale deployed first.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to have SCA results for last commit or Period, Instead of SCA for complete file

Hi All,

We are looking for a SCA feature so that instead of showing all the errors and warning in the whole file while doing compare or deploy, It Should only show the SCA errors and warning for the last commit or for commits during an specific time interval.

For Example I have an existing Apex class which is having 1000 lines of code and say 100 errors are there as per GS SCA analysis. Now let’s assume I am working on that file for my current sprint and I am adding another 100 lines of code in that class.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Expose Salesforce Validation Errors within Github PR

Currently when a PR Validation fails (Deploy CI Job with Validate Target setting turned on), the user can click the Gearset "Details" link to go into Gearset to see the exact error.

Many of our devs use VS Code and Github for their daily work and only rely on Gearset for the CI job. Having them jump into Gearset just to see the error is time consuming and not very intuitive for them. Sure we can find the same errors within the target org of the CI, but at that point the list of validations is large and it's hard…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Warn on Master/Detail deployment even without comparing Custom Fields

If you compare Custom Fields and try to deploy something in an Object that is in a Master/Detail relationship without including the Lookup field, Gearset will warn you that the deployment will fail.

However, if you don't include "Custom Fields" in the comparison, (for example just comparing Validations) and try to push it, you will hit an error:

"Cannot set sharingModel to ControlledByParent on a CustomObject without a MasterDetail relationship field"

Gearset could easily warn the user on this when trying to push a Validation Rule on a MasterDetail object, even if Custom Field was not added to the comparison.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve error message when XML is not properly escaped

When I choose to compare metadata with my source as my VCS, there was an "&" char in the recordtype XML definition file.

<values>
            <fullName>Food & Beverage</fullName>
            <default>false</default>
        </values>

This threw an error and there was no support and no explanation at that time.

I suggest you to improve this error message.
    Message I got:

Could not parse the XML for 'force-app/main/default/objects/Lead/businessProcesses/Buyer.recordType-meta.xml'. Error occurred at line 71. Further details: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 71, position 29.

File, line and position it's ok. maybe a link to Gearset docs with walkthrough with this probable cause when a parsing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Package Version Mismatch Bypass for Org Deployments

When deploying a branch to a Salesforce org where there is a managed package version mismatch in the file metadata, it would be nice to be able to bypass this discrepancy as there are occasions where there may be a newer package version in a lower/sandbox org and an older package version in a higher/production org.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Analyzer to Warn/Remove Named Credentials with Passwords

Currently, attempting to deploy a named credential will fail as a "password is required for the specified authentication protocol".

This can mean manual work if you have a lot of CI deployment jobs to sandboxes or annoyance if you expected to be able to deploy it.

It'd be great if an analyzer existed that would alert/warn the user about it going to fail and unable to be deployed (suggest removing it from the package)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base