Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

90 results found

1. Delta comparison between two unit test reports

Hi team. Would be good to have a feature that allows us the comparison between two unit test results. We are interested to export the delta errors from one day to another.

Use case: We are executing deployments for more than 50 pull requests against the same target sandbox, hence regression errors might be introduced throughout the day. We are running nightly unit test jobs and usually, in the morning, we have extra tests which are failing comparing with the previous day.

We are currently exporting the gearset errors from 2 reports, in Excel tables, and compare these ones to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Terse Slack/Teams Notifications

Provide a Terse Notification format for Teams and Slack Notifications.

Currently, the amount of information in Teams and Slack notifications is satisfactory, however the presentation in the chat app is very dense and can take some time to grok when you're browsing the history of these messages either scanning the jobs that have run over the past few hours in your channel, or just trying to understand what just happened from the push notification that went to your phone.

Ideally, the first sentence is terse and is separated by white space from the remainder of the current paragraph format.

The…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to report on runtime in Gearset Reporting API and what metadata filters were used

As part of showing the amount of time saved by using Gearset (and DevOps best practices), as well as the overall current utilization of Gearset across multiple teams and Gearset instances, being able to report on the Comparison, Validation, and Deployment runtime would be extremely beneficial. Also reporting on which metadata filter was used, if named and saved/accessible, in a comparison, validation, and deployment.

This data could also be used to identify inefficiencies in the standard metadata filters used across our Gearset instances, and potentially identify clients not deploying smaller and iteratively in order to prove with data how that…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add the ability to add "Shared Mailboxes" to "Deployment Notification."

It would be logical to have the ability to add a shared mailbox to the "deployment notifications" for individuals.

The current logic is that you need to add a user, however the only way to do this is create a SF user in a DEV org for the shared mailbox which is not clean or logical for a mechanism of a notification.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Audit API - Production Filtering

From a compliance perspective, we only need to ingest production changes. It appears there are fields like 'SalesforceOrgType' on Anonymous Apex Endpoint and 'TargetMetadataLocationType' on Deployments Endpoint.

It would be great if we could filter those, even better if you could bring in Production Org ID / Name into that filtering ability and in response as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Export Deployment History Additional Information

It would be great if the Deployment History was able to provide details from Source Control. Specifically, list of people who approved tickets, branch names, commit IDs, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Include Pull Request title in the notification

Hello GS team,

Currently, the notifications from the pull request validations only include the PR number, I would like to request if it's possible to include the PR title.

Current Sample: [Gearset] CI validation job Validation job for PR #11111 failed

With the title in the subject of the notification, we can FW the results to the right teams automatically.

Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Gearset Service Status Page

It would be very useful to see a status page for Gearset services. Similar to other service platforms like Github (https://www.githubstatus.com/) or Salesforce trust (trust.salesforce.com)

This would be great to help determine if there are issues with deployments, or if Gearset has any sort of performance degradation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to export deployed components for specified period of time

Instead of viewing it by deployment package, it would greatly help us to be able to export all components deployed during a specific period of time. It would help to include the following:

Deployment friendly name
    Source
    Target
    Date and Time
    Deployment Status
    Owner
    Metadata Type
    Name
    Difference Type

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make the PR Title same as the validation friendly name and deployment friendly name

This helps us find the related validation and deployment to the CI job without having to open multiple validation/deployment records.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create a Combined view of Monitoring and Pipeline with Alerts

Monitoring is great, but doesn't have a correlation to Gearset deployments (direct or Pipeline).

A view of all changes to org and call-outs of which were Gearset-driven and which were manual would allow us to use Gearset more directly in SOX audits as proof of controls.

Giving us actionable items, whether its in Gearset UI or Source Control to document review and approval of manual changes would be a huge win.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create ListViews in the Continuous Integration Dashboard

Create ListViews in the Continuous Integration Dashboard page and being able to grant access to specific users or groups of users.

The idea is to avoid displaying specific jobs to a particular group of users for better organization and reduce the loading time when many CI jobs are configured.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow automated unit test execution to run tests synchronously

When unit tests are run in parallel you can often get intermittent errors such as UNABLETOLOCK_ROW. When running tests from Salesforce you are able to specify running tests synchronously which takes longer but prevents conflicts between tests. Can this option be added to Gearset for the automated test running?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Deploy monitor results changes to target org directly from the compare screen

I get the a monitoring results email. When I click it it takes me to the comparison screen
    Right now to deploy those changes I have to go to Monitoring > Filter by name > View History > Select the right one > Deploy changes to target org.

Those are 5 clicks to get to a place I just was in! It would be great if I could deploy the changes to the target org directly from the screenshot comparing screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hide re-ordering in a Monitoring job

We have a monitoring job set up to check production changes. However, re-ordering in some components are popping up as false positive. For example, Entitlement Process and Site.com. Everyday I get an email saying # of changes have been made on production. I'd like to not see these false positives in the # so that I do not need to go to each comparison every day just to realize that it's a re-ordering issue.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ignore changes deployed to orgs from Gearset in Data Monitoring jobs

I would like to be able to monitor changes made to tracked metadata in our Production org, but without the "noise" generated from normal deployment changes (made via Gearset deployments). Basically, I want to catch changes made directly to Production that are unaccounted for in source control.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow all admin users to run the 'Take Snapshot' functionality on Monitor jobs not owned by them

I would like all of my 'Admin' users (or specify which users in my org) can have access to run monitoring jobs I've set up.

The scenario is that we're a small team, so I want to set up all of our monitoring jobs, but if an issue occurs while I'm OOO any of my other team members could run the 'Take Snapshot' function to determine which changes occurred since the last monitor job ran and roll the changes back.

Currently users can edit/delete monitor jobs of other users and if provided 'Deployment' access can roll the changes back, but…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Flexible Org Monitoring Notification Scheduling

I'd love to schedule a weekly or bi-monthly digest email rather than receiving emails for each run or each change. There are developers who need to know when changes are made, but they do not need to monitor changes frequently. In those scenarios, it would be nice to schedule out a weekly review of all changes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Consolidated Reporting for CI Jobs

Hello. One item we struggle with is keeping track of CI Deployments that didn't fail, but didn't deploy as expected. The two causes we usually see are:

1) Something was removed by problem analyzer
    2) We deployed something that Salesforce says succeeded, but no changes were made (e.g. deletion of picklist choices)

We currently have about 100 CI jobs which makes it impractical to go into each one.

The proposed format would look like a csv export:

Job Name, Date, # Created, # Updated, # Deleted, # fixed by problem analyzer

Opening a CI job history looks fine, but we'd…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have an ability to modify message which is posted to Slack channel.

It would be nice to have the ability to modify this notification message somehow.
    E.g. include a number of PR which was merged into the main branch. Or remove extra information such number of deployed components.

now it looks too big
    Gearset Continuous Integration
    A continuous integration run succeeded for ***** CI/CD. The job was a deployment.
    Changed objects
    New objects
    Deleted objects
    Source commit
    1c***f2b

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here