Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

79 results found

1. Permission set changes not displaying without drilling down

You shouldn't have to drill in to see the changes in a permission set. I was stumped b/c it showed no difference, but in reality I had to drill down to see the difference. This is bad UI

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Change Order of Steps for Data Deploys

When configuring a data deployment, currently "Planning Deployment Steps" is the last step, but this is where I often encounter the "Error while planning deployment" because of recursion/etc. That means I need to back up through the previous 4 steps, adjust, and then go BACK through the related objects, data masking, disable rules steps before it will try again.

The disable rules step in particular takes some time, making this a really tedious cycle to repeat.

I understand needing the related objects step before validating the deployment, but if the order changed to:

1. Select Objects,
    2. Select Related Objects
    3. Plan Deployment…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please introduce an external ID in the background as some other products do. This would make it flawless.

Without the external ID, your solution is time consuming and prone to troubleshooting errors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Manage Custom Filters option when creating a CI job

When I use options Automation -> Continuous Integration -> Dev Sandbox -> Compare and commit for deployment, there is no option to create a custom filter.
    Custom filters can only be created by using Metadata deployments -> Compare and deploy option.
    Since the following tutorial https://docs.gearset.com/en/articles/6166062-promoting-your-first-features recommends to use Automation -> Continuous Integration for deployment, it would be nice if this way of deployment also had an option to create custom filter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. add a column for file sizes and show a warning message if over the limit (might happen deploying content assets)

Recently when deploying a large amount of content assets, I ran into a issue where the deployment would freeze on caching metadata for faster comparison.

Support told me the deployment size was too large and I broke it up into smaller deployments. I suggest adding a column with file sizes and perhaps a warning message if you exceed the deployment limits.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create a link in the main menu under Data Deployments for managing Data Deployment Templates. It is not very intuitive to manage them curren

Create a link in the main menu under Data Deployments for managing Data Deployment Templates. Having to start a deployment in order to manage the templates is not very intuitive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add navigation options to the data deployment process

We are making use of the data deployment tool to seed our sandboxes with test data. When you execute a template it always navigates you to the last step (which makes sense). There are times however that we need to go back to the 2nd step and change filter criteria. This includes several clicks and waiting for pages to load.
    Is it possible to add a navigation bar at the top that shows the various steps so you can quickly jump to one you need to update?
    ie Step 1 > Step 2 > Step 3 > etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make filter to search through all the components which are hidden under 1st level and expand the components

Can I ask Gearset team to add filter in compared components to search through all the components which are hidden under 1st level (e.g. custom objects or profiles).
    For example, in the filter to compare metadata I selected certain custom tab (in the profile the access to the tab was deleted), also selected certain profiles, but serching through the compared metadata list I spent hours and did not manage to find those components for deployment package.
    The same is for object access. I selected certain object, selected certain profiles - and again, it's a hard quest to find necessary components…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable Field Level Mapping for Data Deployments

Currently there is no field mapping option available for Data Deployment of Objects. This is a big blocker if we want to migrate selective fields data across Salesforce instances.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Implement Data migration support for nCino

nCino is a native Salesforce application for banking customers, configured using records, similar to how CPQ is configured. Deploying the data based configuration from environment to environment can be very difficult and painful. This would be a valuable feature for every nCino customer

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When cloning a deployment, also clone the test settings

When I'm cloning a deployment, if in the original one I have selected specific test classes, by default have those selected again in the clone.

Often you either need to repeat a deployment, or you'll deploy several times between instances, with the same tests.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. extend the GearSet public API to include Data deployments between Sandboxes and Scratch Orgs

Allow triggering Data deployments via the public API to eliminate having to sync data manually. This also includes triggering creation of Scratch Orgs via the Gearset API so that Gearset can instantly recognize them them.

The workflow we would like to automate is: feature branch is checked out which triggers a CI/CD system pipeline to create a corresponding scratch org, do a metadata deployment from a test sandbox, and sync data from the same test sandbox. This allows us to create on-demand full copies of the environment for purposes of E2E testing (inc. external integrations) and feature development that requires…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide More Detailed Information on Data Deployment Summary Steps

Currently the data deployment summary displays an elaborate interface but with very little useful information other than record counts. On the right side are Steps, but those steps do not tell the user much. I can see that in one step x records were fetched, for example, and in another step y records were fetched, but I can't see WHY.

Example use case: I had a situation where I was filtering an object but the filter wasn't being honored (more records were being deployed than expected). I could see from the data deployment summary that one of the steps was…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a way so we can easily integrate commits into Salesforce.

What I mean by this is, give users the ability to create and associate commits from in Gearset to a custom Object in Salesforce.

The commit would create a new record in Salesforce, under the custom object, let's call it 'Commits'.

We'd be able to pass through data such as the commit status, the ID of the commit, a link to the commit itself taking us back to Gearset, the name, and author, etc, etc...

I'd imagine this is possible through the use of the BitBucket API, however with SF teams who lack developer resources, this would be a nice…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow record data load from CSV file

While it is nice to deploy record data from org to org with Gearset, it would also be nice to be able to deploy data from a CSV file, with the ability to custom map the headers. Native Salesforce Dataloader has this capability, as well as many 3rd party tools out there. Please incorporate this capability into Gearset.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to be able to deploy directly from environment variables.

This feature would allow me to setup each sandbox environment after doing a refresh from production.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Data Deployment Template that supports complex rules

Looking to be able to setup a Data Deployment template that supports complex rules with record limits.
    For example...
    - Select 100 accounts that have been modified recently that belong to division A that contain at least 1 contact, 1 opportunity and 1 activity.
    - Select 100 accounts that have been modified recently that belong to division B that contain at least 1 contact, 1 opportunity and 1 activity.
    - Select 100 accounts that have been modified recently that belong to division C that contain at least 1 contact, 1 opportunity and 1 activity.

Currently have to build 3 or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Data Deployment to handle more complex structures

Currently, user is able to select Obj A, Obj B that references Obj A, Obj C that references Obj B. And, in the next step of data deployment it allows user to select Objects where Obj A, B or C, and objects references by those objects.

If we ignore above example, I want to be able to select: objA(id), objB(id, objA), objC(id, objB, objD), objD(Id), objE(Id, objD). Where the first object I select and everything else is filtered on is objA.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide a better error when "invalid or null picklist values" is thrown.

"invalid or null picklist values" is thrown and i have too many picklists to figure out which one is the issue. Please provide speicific fields that are causing errors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?