Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

337 results found

1. Allow "View Errors" in CI Job History page to be opened in a new tab

It would be great if the button allowed to be opened in a new tab (essentially allow buttons and links to act like regular HTML elements that allow opening in a new tab via Cmd/Ctrl+click or via right click)

Example right clicking the "View Errors" shows no open to open in a new tab https://d.pr/i/m5CNIG

Right clicking "View comparison" allows for it https://d.pr/i/WpCfFF

This is similar to https://gearset.uservoice.com/forums/283474-help-us-improve-gearset/suggestions/35538631-make-clone-package-openable-in-a-new-tab

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add support for Currency and Percent fields to be masked during a data deployment

We have some custom objects that hold financial data so masking currency and Percent fields will help when doing data deployments

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Data deployment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Export subset of data in data backup

I would like to be able to filter what I want to export from a data backup, since I probably won't need everything from the database. This would make the downloading more manageable.

Ex: Export only ContactID and Email fields from Contact object from a specific backup.

(Restore data seems to allow this, but in this specific case I needed to run some checks in Excel since I couldn't just update everything with the old data)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data backup  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now select the object(s) to export for a particular backup run.

Simply go to the backup history for a job, and for a backup run, choose the ‘Download data’ option in the context menu to choose the subset of data that you’d like to export.

4. Support flow deletion at V44+

if the target flow is deactivated; and all prior versions are deleted, you can't delete the last remaining flow version in the target org. The error you get is "Insufficient access rights on cross-reference id".

Copado provides a solution (https://docs.copado.com/article/8l069zes9f-destructive-changes-in-copado-doesn-t-support-flow-and-process-builder) wherein the user can specify the contents of the destructive-changes.xml file (enumerating the versions to delete) but Gearset has no way to inject such a file into a compare/deploy (esp a CI deploy)

with SFDC pushing more and more dev into Lightning Flow, deletions are inevitable in many orgs as things get refactored/renamed

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Resolve "Data Owner" User metadata from difference comparisons (always exclude or compare, then exclude)

Salesforce has begun adding User metadata to fields. One good example right now is the "Data Owner" field that appears on all custom fields now (in XML this field is labelled as "BusinessOwnerUser"). The field does not link via a Salesforce ID; it instead displays the Salesforce Username of the user.

Naturally, this field in 99.9% of Salesforce environment comparisons is going to be different. "user@domain.com.sandbox" won't ever match to "user@domain.com" in production-- and it definitely won't ever match to any other Sandbox, either.

This leads to a nightmare scenario where if this field has been…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have added a problem analyzer to detect and fix the issue with ‘businessOwnerUser’, as follows.

Problem: custom fields referencing a specific user will fail if that user doesn’t exist in the target.

Solution: this will replace the source ‘businessOwnerUser’ reference with the value from the target’s custom field.

6. Include a Comparison for a Permission Set Group's Muting Permission Set

Include a Comparison for a Permission Set Group's Muting Permission Set. Currently, you can deploy a Permission Set and/or a Permission Set Group. However, if that Permission Set Group contains a muting permission set, Gearset doesn't pull the data. Here is a link to the SF guide on the muting permission set: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_meta.meta/api_meta/meta_mutingpermissionset.htm?search_text=muting%20permission%20sets

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove botUser from Einstein Bot metadata

The metadata for EInstein Bots includes a tag called "botUser" that contains the username of the user you've specified to run the bot as. Because it contains a username, the deployment fails unless you have the exact same username in both environments.

My current workaround is to deactivate the bot, remove the running user (which removes the botUser tag), deploy, then reset the changes that I made.

Can we get a problem analyser that will detect and remove this botUser tag so that the deployment will complete?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Upgrade to PMD 6.17.0

Current version is 6.11.0.

We should be consistent with newer version. We are having issues with older version in Gearset regarding the ApexDoc rule.

The issue was described and discussed with Valerio in the chat.

Thanks

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add support for CMS Connect Sources

Please add support for CMS Connect Sources in the comparison filters as well as the deployments and CI jobs.
    We're working with CMS Connect in our current developments of a customer community and we'd like to deploy this metadata as well.
    See the metadata api documentation: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_meta.meta/api_meta/meta_cmsconnectsource.htm

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow users to discard chunks/certain changes before deploying to target

For example I'm on the diff screen and I see my page layout has 5 changes/chunks of changes, but I only want to commit/deploy the first one - please add functionality so that I can discard/ignore the other 4 changes in the file and only deploy the one change I want.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Treat "New" FLS entries that don't grant any access as "Not Different" in Profiles and Permission Sets

Due to a recent change in the SF API, Permission sets now display every field in the org as a "New" FLS item, with Readable and Editable both set to False. This is leading to two distinctly negative results.

1) For every "Permissions for FieldNameXXX" item, every permission set in the org is modified. If two projects on two different sandboxes each add a field, they will both modify modify all the same files, and require manual XML merge. for our org thats almost 70 files that need manual merge with every new field.

2) When you dig into a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Optimize "Refresh Comparison" to only pull metadata that has been changed since the last comparison

Currently, clicking Refresh Comparison does not optimize the comparison in any way, it just allows you to skip selecting some of the configuration steps from running a new comparison.

This means that it takes the same amount of time actually comparing the orgs.

It would be nice if on clicking of "refresh comparison" the logic didn't run a full compare and instead just looked at metadata that had been changed since the last compare in order to reduce the comparison time.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone

We have now shipped the three key improvements to refreshing a comparison. 

You are now able to:

• refresh a single item (right-click an item in the grid or use Refresh Item button in the Diff viewer)
    • refreshing selected items (right-click a selected item in the grid)
    • refresh only additional types in the filter (via Refresh comparison -> Filter dialog)

We hope these enhancements will greatly reduce the comparison time for you. 

13. Test Run results

Test Run results show duration in Seconds but I believe the results are actually in Milliseconds

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Show start time, end time and duration of a data deployment

This would be very helpful in order to communicate and set expectations with others on how long Data Deployments take as well as seeing how to improve the speed of longer running Data Deployments. If only one date/time can be displayed, then I think it would be better to see the End Time of the Data Deployment job. Currently, the Date column listed appears to be either (1) the start time of the Data Deployment job, or (2) the date/time when the Configure and deploy was clicked to start configuring the job. If it's #2, this isn't very useful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Introduce 'ListView' as an option in 'Metadata filter' tab

When navigating to the 'Metadata filter' tab to select filters, there are currently 122 options, however 'List View' is not one of them.
    When navigating 'Metadata Types & Components' in Workbench, 'ListView' is described independently, and I have used it previously when deploying via ANT. Therefore I would imagine there is a way to identify List Views independently of 'Custom Objects'.
    This would be a huge help with a Production monitoring job, as I do not mind if List Views are updated by certain users in Production, but currently they are flagged as differences. Basically, I want to ignore them…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now released, you will need to update the metadata filter for any jobs set up already to take effect.
    You can now exclude list views as well as other subcomponents of custom object.
    (Note: named items is not populated for subcomponent metadata types.)

16. Documentation around ramifications of deleting a connection (and possibly an Archive option)

I haven't seen anywhere in the support documentation that details any ramifications (if any) when deleting a no longer needed Salesforce connection in GearSet.

The kind of ramifications I'm thinking about are:

• Validated Packages based on the connection, could I still review/clone/deploy?

• Deployment History - will all information still be available? Can I still clone from a previous deployment?

• Comparison History - can I pull up a previous compare?

etc.

If there is any negative impact to the above, then it would be appropriate to have an "Archive" option for Salesforce connections. The thought with this would be one, the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jonathan,

I have written a document detailing what happens when a connection is deleted. 

You can view it here - https://docs.gearset.com/en/articles/7882840-deleting-an-org-connection.

Thank you for your feedback and please do tell us if there is anything I've missed out.

Quinn Kuiper

Customer Success at Gearset

17. Unique filename of the generated report PDF

Currently, the name of the generated PDF file of the deployment report is always the same for a given source and target.

If we deploy from our "master" gitlab branch to our "production" environment, the name will always be the same.

We archive the report PDFs for documentation / compliance reasons, and we always have to manually rename the PDF file to make the name distinct.

It would be nice if the name of the report PDF was unique. This could be achieved by either including a timestamp or the deployment number into the filename.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Update package.xml with destructive changes which helps CI jobs

When I commit components to bitbucket brach if I have 5 new components and 5 deleted components. then Gearset is updating package.xml in the src folder with only 5 components which are to be created but destructive changes are tracked no where. Then if we deploy from this branch changes to Sandbox using CI job which has 'Filter metadata changes using package.xml' checked, then the deleted components will not be deployed. It is good if Gearset give a feature to track destructive changes and deploy using CI job.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Deploy CMS/CRM Connection and and CMS Collections

We would like to be able to deploy CMS/CRM Connection and and CMS Collections. They are a part of Community Workspace.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Select more than one item at the same time

On "Items to include/exclude for Custom application" view, it would be really nice if we could select more than one item at the same time, using SHIFT shortcut.
    When clicking on "Named Item", and if you want to select from the 49th line to 63th line for example, and to avoid to select manually 15 lines with 15 clicks.
    We could just select the 49th line, and with SHIFT, click on the 63th line to select them.
    Thx

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?