I suggest you ...

Add an auto-save feature while building deployment packages

As Gearset is run through a web browser, if the browser happens to freeze while a package is being built, you don't have the opportunity to save it as a Draft Deployment. An auto-save feature would allow someone to pick up where they left off, or when the last auto-save was done, without having to start from scratch.

22 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Shibani SarkarShibani Sarkar shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Troy HoshorTroy Hoshor commented  · 

A temporary cache of recent comparisons (and their subsequent configuration) for, say, an hour might be enough for me personally. I predominately use the save draft feature as a precaution if I lose my browser session rather than as an actual draft feature.

• Shibani SarkarShibani Sarkar commented  · 

The Auto-Save feature replacing the Save Draft Deployment feature would depend on how often a package is auto-saved. I think it would make sense to retain a Save button so that once your package is ready to go, you could save it immediately or finalize it. In regards to your question about where you could access auto-saved packages, I like Grant Adamson's recommendation below about having an area to locate In Progress jobs.

• Gearset TeamAdminGearset Team (Admin, Gearset) commented  · 

I get why this might seem be a good idea.

Would this change act as a replacement for the save draft deployment feature?

If it's completely separate - how would you access an auto-saved entry?

• LiamLiam commented  · 

Essential!

• Grant AdamsonGrant Adamson commented  · 

Love this idea... I think in many cases if this happens during the compare the process is still running, but there is no way to "get back" to it. So it may be less of an auto-save and more of a page that shows all "in progress" jobs or something like that, so even if you navigate away or your browser crashes you can get back to what you were working on.

Feedback and Knowledge Base