Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

239 results found

1. Display Friendly Org name in deployment - validated and history

Allow to define columns displayed in deployment. I'd like to see Org Friendly name instead of username. We defined these org friendly names when the connection was defined. I'd like to see it as a column with the Deployment dashboards. Most often we care more of the friendly name than the username used to connect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Write Deployment Results back to the user's Salesforce org

When setting up a deployment, it would be helpful to capture Deployment Results in a custom object in the running user's Salesforce org. Users would be able to specify a unique reference at the point of deployment, which would track through to the Salesforce org.

Information about the deployment would be captured in a Master record, with data about individual components existing in Detail records.

Org admins would then be free to leverage automation features to map the created records as they see fit.

As a consultancy that tracks our customer requirements in Salesforce, our use case would be that…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to delete app visibility

As per the official reply from Gearset support

".....The issue is, if you manually delete the app, all the app visibilities will be deleted as well. But when using Gearset to delete the app visibilities, they are not completely deleted but set to false. The best workaround for this is to manually delete the xml from your git branch. ..."

If Gearset can incorporate this feature, it would be nice.

The workaround is not that hard as it may sound. 4 apps in 60 profiles takes about 10 mins to mass-find and mass-replace in VS Code.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Include "Messages reported by Salesforce" during Metadata Deployment in the final report

During a metadata deployment, on the "deployment in progress" screen, there is a column for "message reported by salesforce".

I think these should be included in the final results screen, and perhaps in the deployment report.

These can be useful for the user to do things like make changes to their flows to conform to salesforce best practices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide deployment options for Mulesoft via Gearset

As Gearset does Salesforce based deployments so well, it would be great to have Mule deployments done through Gearset as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add configurable email reminders for scratch org expiration.

From Salesforce orgs and Dev Hubs, it would be great if there were a setting that would automatically send an email when a scratch org is approaching expiration. This could be configurable per Dev Hub, and would help prevent data loss at scratch org expiration.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Link to the Salesforce Validation in Progress from the Pipeline

When I deploy using the standard deploy interface, there is a link that allows me to view the deploy progress in Salesforce.

In pipelines, I would like this same feature. When a deploy has been running for a while, it's useful to know where it is in the process and a quick link would be quite nice.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. link deployment to a salesforce case

The ability to link a Gearset deployment to a salesforce case record. If an org uses cases to track a bug or feature, this feature would close the loop from that case to the gearset deployment.

I understand that there is a post to chatter functionality but it would be nice to target a specific case for auditing purposes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Yellow help icon

i love the help you guys provide, really great.
    Suggestion.. The yellow circle that you open and drop down.
    1) can you move it to the header, and if there is a pending message show the yellow circle with a number in it ( number is count of pending messages )
    2) can you make it a separate window model? typically when i am chatting, i need to see the entire screen and the current pinned model is usually in the way and i need to click the arrow to get rid of it.
    If i could drag the window…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to turn rules/processes off as needed with ability to rollback

There are times when need to update data or load data into Salesforce org and need to turn off rules or processes before updating data or loading the data. When doing a data deployment, GearSet has this ability, and I would like to have this ability to do this without a data deployment. Ability to turn off Validation Rules, Required Fields, Restricted Picklist, Workflow Rules, Flows/Process Builders, and Triggers one by one or turn off all. Then roll back once finished updates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Introduce Import/Export feature for Custom Filters

Expose the underlying JSON/XML for Custom Filters so that we can export it, modify it in a text editor either by hand or with python scripts, then load it back into the custom filter.

For example I have my main CI filter with 50ish metadata types, and every other filter is a subset which I establish by cloning the "master" filter and deselecting metadata types. Whenever I make a change to the master filter I am forced to nuke all the the "detail" filters and recreate them off the master using the above approach.

So many clicks. My preference would…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Release Branches

If I create a Release Branch from UAT, I no longer need all the individual Feature branches.

Inspired by Gitflow and the current Gearset Expanded Branching Model.

Currently: The Expanded Branching Model will create a Feature Branch PR to main for every Feature branch that is merged to UAT branch.

Desired: When I create a Release branch from the UAT branch, then Gearset should close all the current Feature Branch PRs to Main Branch - if and only if the Feature branch was already merged to the UAT branch.

Related to: https://gearset.uservoice.com/forums/283474-help-us-improve-gearset/suggestions/46150366-branch-pattern-matching

This is related to branch pattern matching because…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide and enforce branch naming conventions

Branches get all kinds of really stupid names over time. It would be nice if Gearset provided an option to template new branch names. For example when my users need to create a new feature branch for their user story, Gearset should prefix that branch with 'feature/'. When a release branch is created it should be prefixed as 'release/'. Bugfixes or Hotfixes could be bugfix/ or hotfix/.

Dictating naming conventions is unenforcable. Keeping branch names organized goes a long way to keeping the repository maintainable over long periods of time. Even if folks are well intentioned, git branches are case…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow delegated users to edit environment variables

My user is setup on our CI and I have a number of environment variables setup on Custom Labels for ID's.

Whilst this works great the main issue is if I am Sick/On Holiday there is no way for someone else to go in and add/edit the environment variables thus making me a single point of failure/Reference.

What would be great would be either have Environment Variables setup at a CI level and delegated users have the ability to go in and edit/create new ones against the CI (This would ensure only those that know what they are doing are…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Send Email when a package is Validated successfully with PDF of Deployment Summary.

We currently receive an email with deployment summary as PDF attachment after successful deployment, but we also want this feature for successful manual validation. This is help us review the validated package summary with Deployment approval teams in our ORG.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Only notify the Pull-request creator on validation errors

Hi team, not sure if there is a way to do that in the current setup, but I think it would be helpful to add the option to only notify the Pull-request creator/owner on the validation errors, instead of "hardcoding" the email recipients. Regards, Adrian

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable a consistent, buildable set of Metadata for Releases

I'd like to have a way to work with a consistent set of metadata items for a release, that I can add, remove etc, and consistently deploy into a variety of sandboxes and ultimately Production.

Currently, if you clone a previous deploy, items are de-selected if they're the same between the environments being compared. That means once I've deployed, I can’t ever get that “list” of items back and I have to rebuild it every time.

A likely scenario is that I've deployed some metadata from Sandbox A -> B. Lets say it's 5 Apex classes. I then realize that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. language

Gearset UI Language specification. Allow users to specify which language they want the UI presented in and then show the correctly translated terms in that language. When using google to translate the UI the words it chooses are not always relevant.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make Pipelines a Top-Level Menu Item

This is a less-good, but arguably easier to implement, version of my request for customizable landing pages. It takes a few clicks to get to pipelines and, since it's the place I live most often inside of Gearset these days, I'd love it if it was a menu option that is parallel to "Continuous Integration" so I could get there in fewer clicks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Filters to be Customised in Pipelines UI

Currently, you can create new filters in Compare & Deploy, but when you are comparing and deploying from within the Pipelines UI on your development org, you can only select existing ones. This either means you have to get your team to go into standard Compare & Deploy to set up specific filters first, or they always have to select the filter that includes everything.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base