Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

215 results found

1. Warn the user of unsaved changes to an org compare filter

It would be nice if we got a warning if we have selected specific components in a filter but havent saved the filter when we hit OK. I've lost a lot of work on a custom filter because I forgot to hit 'Save' - I would have thought it would auto-save when you hit OK.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The comparison screen takes too long to load and times out with large packages.

With large packages the comparison screen takes too long to load, >15 min, and can cause Chrome browser to time out. Can we have an option to not load the details of the differences in the bottom panel, only object names and then click a button to download only difference for a particular item on-demand? I normally don't need to see the diff

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make it easier to select all custom field translations for deployment

Right now if you want to select translations for certain custom fields, it is necessary to expand the sub-components for each field and select the translation. The second option is to go to the custom object and expand the sub-components in order to check translations which will include all the custom field translations for this object.
    It would be helpful to get a way to select the translations for specific custom fields in the deployment.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow deployments across managed package versions

Gearset does not allow comparisons or deployments of custom metadata on managed packages if the versions are different. We got ourselves in a situation where a package in the sandbox was a higher beta version that we couldn't upgrade to. This required us to do all the field deployments via changsets.

Adding a warning for deployments across managed package versions would be ideal as most changes one would deploy wouldn't necessarily cause any issues.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create a way to apply a regex to all currently selected metadata types when building a filter

The regex support you currently have doesn't really allow for complex (multi-match) regex matching, which is probably ok

If I select, say 116 of the 124 metadata types identified, and then have to apply a regex pattern to each one, it gets pretty tedious. Click-paste-apply 116 times, and then 116 again for the other half of the complex match. I'd write a tool to automate configuring a filter in gearset. :)

If I "select all" then deselect the 8 types i don't want, and THEN apply a regex to all types, that would be pretty great.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Segregate metadata changes due to SFDC release

If I compare my production org to a preview sandbox that has been upgraded to the new release, I see some changed, new, and deleted items that appear to be due to the upgrade. For the most part it probably doesn't make sense (or isn't possible) to deploy those differences in either direction, so it would be nice to be able to exclude them or have them flagged somehow.

For example, in Winter '20 several fields were added to the OpportunityContactRole object. They show up as custom fields in the comparison. If I try to deploy them to production, the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show summary of selected Filter conditions

Would like ability to select a saved filter and see a summary of all the 'checked' filter conditions in it. Useful in verifying a filter or shared filter before using it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Export of the Comparison Results

My Suggestion: For our Customer i need to create a Documentation with all the Metadata Information from the Comparison. Even for Things which are not different.
    A CSV Table would be great and a HTML Documentation would be awsome :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When opening a draft/clone allow updating the content filter *before* the comparison

When opening a draft deployment or cloning a deployment, please allow the option to update the content filter before running the comparison. As things are now, we have to wait for the comparison to finish before we can change the filter, and then we have to wait for the comparison to run again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Filter (regex) on Outbound Message names within Workflows in Metadata Comparison

Our sandboxes all point to different URLs within the Outbound Message action.

We want to include workflows in our CI job that backfills production changes into test environments.

However, we cannot do this as there's no way to exclude outbound messages in the filter.

In the "Metadata Comparison Filter", you only have the option to add regex or select specific items at the object level within "Workflow".

If you apply a regex to hit the outbound message name, it doesn't actually hit that outbound message name and only searches within the object name.

You can only use regex when you're…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Import list of metadata items into org comparison.

When running a comparison, a user should be able to import a list of metadata items based on an agreed format (likely API names). This list would allow the user to save effort from copy pasting api names if they track their changes in an external system. For example, we track changes in our release system within our Salesforce production org. Our manifest items are tracked such as "customobjectc.customfield__c" and have statuses such as new/updated/deleted so we have a historical references of our changes. Being able to import these changes while still having the ability to select…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow adding "No Difference" items to package. To help with package reuse to multiple orgs

Allow assets with "no difference" to be added to a promotion to allow the same package to be used to both promote as well as sync other sandboxes (without having to manually check if asset was changed in each).

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Display the Filter used in the Comparison history screen

It would be helpful in finding the right comparison to look at if you could see on the Comparison History screen which filter was used. It would also be helpful when looking at the comparison details to know which filter was used.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add option to suppress managed custom fields in comparison results

When comparing Custom Objects that contain the managed custom fields there is no way to suppress the managed custom fields. The fields would show up in the comparison results even without being requested. The problem analyzers then highlights and remove these managed custom fields.

This is cumbersome when repeated and makes finding genuine differences we care about more difficult.

From the problem analyzers, it sounds like Gearset is able to identify the managed custom fields. Therefore could there be an option under [Include managed package] in the Custom Filters that allows the suppression of known managed fields in comparison results?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. push new profile FLS entries into the profile file in alphabetical order

When picking up new FLS entries, by default these are added at the bottom of the list of FLS.

This causes issues when also having save jobs picking up changes, as this can result in duplicate FLS being added to a branch.

Please update code structuring, so new FLS is added in the correct place in the MD files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Don't allow duplicate fields in comparison.

If I have a field with name example category. Somehow the same field has been added to the object xml file it needs to throw an error at the time of comparison.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create a way to apply a regex to all currently selected metadata types when building a filter

The regex support you currently have doesn't really allow for complex (multi-match) regex matching, which is probably ok. (this would be something like grep -e 'this' -e 'that')

If I select, say 116 of the 124 metadata types identified, and then have to apply a regex pattern to each one, it gets pretty tedious. Click-paste-apply 116 times, and then 116 again for the other half of the complex match. I'd write a tool to automate configuring a filter in gearset. :)

If I "select all" then deselect the 8 types i don't want, and THEN apply a regex to all…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow filtering by Deployment Stage/Metadata Subset during comparison

This Gearset article describes some very logical phases for performing a large deployment:
    https://docs.gearset.com/metadata-deployment-guides/splitting-a-complex-deployment-into-stages

It would be nice if there were built-in comparisons to show each subset of metadata.

For example if you were on phase 1 of the deployment you could filter your comparison to just "Data Tier" and Gearset would pre-filter the relevant metadata.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Downloading of git diff for Comparison

It can be difficult to evaluate the scope of changes by clicking in the Comparison view on one metadata element at a time to see the differences. We would much prefer to be able to download a git diff and examine the delta as a cohesive changeset.

The user should be able to download the contents of the currently selected tab (All Changes, New Changes, or Selected Changes) in the format of a git unified diff. The user can then use the software of their choice to view the diff.

This will also enable more advanced workflows, as git diffs…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base