Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

214 results found

1. Add merge functionality to the diff tool

Extend the diff tool to allow the user to perform a merge, creating a new version of the component that contains some changes from the source version and some changes from the target version. This would be very useful in a team development scenario where multiple devs are working on features in individual dev sandboxes and then pushing completed features into an integration sandbox.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Provide the option to ignore whitespace differences in Apex

It would be great to have more control over the diff process - particularly to be able to ignore whitespace changes.

If I've made an actual function change to a class, and also auto-indented it, then it would be a lot easier to see the important change if I could hide the whitespace-only changes.

Having the ability to suppress whitespace-only changes on the list of changed objects would be really useful, too.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow individual lines to be selected for inclusion or exclusion of a deployment

Allow individual lines to be selected for inclusion or exclusion of a deployment

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support package.xml filtering when using Git comparison with a SFDX folder structure

When using a git repo with a SFDX folder structure + package/xml (in the /manifest folder) gearset dos not take into account elements in the package.xml when checking the option (filter with package.xml)

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow adding "No Difference" items to package. To help with package reuse to multiple orgs

Allow assets with "no difference" to be added to a promotion to allow the same package to be used to both promote as well as sync other sandboxes (without having to manually check if asset was changed in each).

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Explicitly set object-level permissions, even if these are omitted from XML provided by Salesforce API

Valerio recommended that I post this suggestion following a discussion on 29 August 2019.

Issue reference:
    https://docs.gearset.com/en/articles/3226459-a-note-on-deploying-custom-object-permissions-on-new-profiles

Issue:
    1. Remove all object-level access for "Lead" from a custom profile in a source org
    2. Deploy this profile to a target org
    3. The profile in the target org will have access to the "Lead" object ENABLED, because this access is included in the Standard User profile (see document link above)

The workaround (deploying and then deploying again) is cumbersome and not always practical, e.g. if making automated, one-step deployments outside of Gearset. Failing to make a second deployment means that…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Precision Deployments (available for Layouts) for all the meta data

Precision Deployments for Layout is a great improvement, it would be great to have the same feature for other meta data, particularely for : Fields picklists, global value sets, List Views, Reports, Profiles, Permission Sets and why not Lightning Pages, now that the Dynamic Form is available for Acc, Contacts & Opp

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Initiate comparison from package.xml

I'd like to be able to drop a package.xml file on the New comparison screen. Doing that will have two effects.

First off, it will drive the selection of which metadata types to include in the comparison.

Secondly, it will automatically select the components listed in the package.xml on the comparison results page.

This provides a really good way to expediting a deployment, since package.xml are used pretty universally by both IDEs and standard deployment tools (including packages).It also helps me take advantage of the intelligence of automatic dependency and all of the other goodies that Gearset has. Basically I…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. would be cool to be able to "ignore" certain differences

would be cool to be able to "ignore" certain differences... e.g. encryption. So if encryption is enabled in a Production Org but not in a Sandbox (not sure if Encryption is possible for SBs), you have a difference for every custom field <encrypted>true/false</encrypted> which is really irritating.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow users to select custom fields even if the object does not exist in the target

Would be great if GS allowed to select custom fields when doing a comparison even if the object does not exist in the target. If I am pushing changes to a repository I might want to only include the fields I created/modified and not the whole object.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make Custom Filters a Top-Level Menu Item

Filters are arguably the best part of gearset, especially with the support for RegEx. It is kind of a bummer that they are tucked away in a modal that can only be reached by clicking into a dropdown. Ideally you could just go to Hamburger > Metadata Deployments > Custom Filters and be routed to a dedicated page.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make "Hide Reodering" global switch

Please add a feature to have globally selected "Hide Reordering" and also hide those files that have no changes after reordering from Changed Items?

Clicking that on every file to see that there are no real differences is time consuming and slow down the comparison process.

Scenario:
    1. I am comparing two sandboxes develop with my private sandbox to align with changes made on develop.
    2. I have comparison with many Global Value Sets, Custom fields which are Picklists, flows etc.
    3. Most of them are not changed but are listed as changes. I need to click on each metadata…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When the difference between Source and Target, on a particular line, is only in the formatting. Highlight in a different color

From what I can determine you are categorizing the differences as follows:
    Code in Source, not in Target – Highlighted in Green
    Code in Target not in Source – Highlighted in Red
    Difference between code in Source and Target – Highlighted in Yellow

When the difference between Source and Target, on a particular line, is only in the formatting. It would be nice if that was highlighted in a different color than yellow (perhaps grey). It would speed up the review of the code knowing a certain color was only a formatting difference.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Compare Active Version of flows not the newest Flow

When comparing flows please compare the active version of flows, not the newest version. This would align with how change sets handle flow.
    Example:
    Version 2 and 3 exist in source. Version 2 is active and version 3 is draft. I want to deploy Version 2 that is active not the inactive flow.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. To add capability to mark (to ignore) not selected items to be able to remember that the particular item is not required to be deployed

When compare source and target, sometimes u do an educated decision to NOT select something, and then selecting the rest of the items. Then if the compare results saved as a Draft Deployment, u may return back to it, and do a refresh for the comparison. In this case Gearset would kindly save all of the selected items. But for items that were not selected by the user, not they are mixed up with the new differences. So user have to remember, that this particular item he did not select intentinally, but this item that is not selected is a…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide ordering for metadata elements when committing to version control

When metadata is retrieved from Salesforce the order of child nodes is not guaranteed and results in false-positive changes when committing to version control. Usually this will be something simple like workflow actions/criteria appearing out-of-order which can be compared manually. However, recently we've noticed entire profiles being committed with every permissions element out-of-order, resulting in a change set with ~20k lines where the actual change is impossible to visualize.

Gearset should provide a feature to 'order' child XML elements alphabetically by name in order to provide consistent commits to version control and eliminate false-positives.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Cleanup Layout Assignments

When you rename a Layout, the previous Layout Assignment won't be cleaned up on the Profile.
    This should be cleaned by the Repo dependency cleaner.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Option to ignore: <personAccountDefault> in XML

When comparing XML for RecordType permissions in Profiles, some Sandboxes return:
    <personAccountDefault>true</personAccountDefault>

As part of the XML, even though person accounts are not enabled, this makes comparing annoying.

It would be nice to have an option to ignore this.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. swapping source and target after compare

I was doing compare between our 2 orgs (Source: UAT, Target: DEVSTG) and I realized that I got the order wrong. Should be (Source: DEVSTG, Target: UAT). But the compare has already completed.

I wish there is a way to just flip (swap) the source and target without re-comparing as it takes some time comparing between orgs.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Default to Object View

Option to default to Object View vs XML for metadata types that have it available

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base