Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

239 results found

1. Pull Request From Deployment History

Making a pull request via Gearset is only available from the Compare & Deploy Flow.

I'd the link to make a pull request available from deployment history so that users can make the pull request to the various Git/Salesforce environments.

Currently, I am telling my users to note the deployment id for their comparison and hit the link. This appears to work, but isn't user friendly.

https://app.gearset.com/finished?deploymentId={deploymentId}&notify=true

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Show me where the Salesforce Release Changes are in the metadata files.

As a gearset user, I want a guide to the location of metadata components created by Salesforce in each new release so that I don't have to guess and look for the metadata 3 times per year when Salesforce publishes changes to their platform.
    Please user your business relationships with product owners at Salesforce to submit this story idea on behalf of clients everywhere.
    For example, today I was looking for metadata, if any, created by enabling permission set expiration dates in my sandbox. This won't be availabe in production until release on 10/7 but I was curious if I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add feature for admin to disable all email notifications globally from the profile

Add feature for admin to disable all email notifications globally from the profile

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show expired orgs in list of salesforce orgs

When checking my list of salesforce orgs it would be good to see that the listed orgs have valid tokens and if they don't have valid tokens either checked on the fly/daily etc or just from previous automation attemps/backup attempts this would really help when you have access to many sandbox orgs on your user account.
    https://i.imgur.com/j0qb4Bq.png Example possible implementation?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Support Filter by Status from Monitoring History

I occasionally need to review the Monitoring History for a particular org over a period of more than a few days (eg. Last 30 Days or more). I'm only interested in reviewing entries where the Status = "Different" so I can quickly ignore those that are "Identical". This would be a good place for a column filter like those that you support on the Compare & Deploy page.

It would also be nice to have the ability to filter on other columns (eg. Changed, New, Deleted, etc.) like only those entries where New components were added.

Thanks in advance!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Page layout comparison in Same Org

It would be so valuable and help immensely with tech debt to be able to compare page layouts and lightning page layouts within an org to see what the differences are.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Setup using Github Enterprise edition although behind a Proxy

I am running a Github Enterprise edition, but have to configure using custom git setup.

Using the Github Enterprise connection setup, I was able to connect; however cloning the repository failed as the http request to list repositories returns the private host name instead of the proxied one.

Clone functionality works when using the Custom Git link; however it limits our ability to make pull requests and it also requires entry of Username and Password instead of OAuth which is a security concern.

Create a feature which allows the hostname initially entered in Enterprise Setup to be used in favor…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Retrieve Metadata into local environment (e.g. using VSCode pluging)

This would make the integration of Version Control and Gearset nicer. Where now user has to go to Gearset deploy to a feature branch, afterwards, go to VSCode pull from the feature branch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Rolling back deployment made by CI JOB

Currently it is possible to roll back a deployment made by CI Job, though that rollback will only be performed to the specified Org. Hence, other Orgs have to be rolled back individually.

Use case: I have propagated changed from my Sandbox to Staging. An issue was identified that requires a substantial amount of work where that feature cannot be included in the next deployment to production, hence it needs to be removed from Staging. Though, other sandboxes back propagated that feature because they assumed it should work.

It would be amazing if the rollback used Github commits, so the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Write Deployment Results back to the user's Salesforce org

When setting up a deployment, it would be helpful to capture Deployment Results in a custom object in the running user's Salesforce org. Users would be able to specify a unique reference at the point of deployment, which would track through to the Salesforce org.

Information about the deployment would be captured in a Master record, with data about individual components existing in Detail records.

Org admins would then be free to leverage automation features to map the created records as they see fit.

As a consultancy that tracks our customer requirements in Salesforce, our use case would be that…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add More Granular Control over Email Notifications

Allow users to enable/disable categories of email notifications at the user level. E.g. success emails for monitoring jobs, deploy succeeded/failed emails, etc.

Alternatively, or possibly in addition, allow users to "mass-edit" job notification settings, so we don't have to edit each one individually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. UI Change: On any pop-up page using Source Control, auto-expand to show Create Branch button

On a monitor job (and probably elsewhere), clicking "Deploy To" and then selecting Version Control target, you get a default branch, typically master. If you click the link to Create a new Branch from Master - you input the name of your new branch, but the Create Branch button is hidden below the display and you need to scroll down to show it. The Start Comparison button is where the Create Branch button should be, so you end up starting your comparison instead of creating the branch first. Suggesting to change the pop-out window to expand to show both buttons…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create a pop-up warning when on the Selected Items tab before you can deselect all items

Without the Undo feature, there is the odd time (nightmare situation) where you haven't saved your compare and are on the Selected Items tab and accidentally deselect all items. It would be great to get warned that all work will be lost unless it's saved or the deselect action is canceled.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Test salesforce connections in mass to highlight which need to be re-authorized

Having a way to monitor/test all salesforce connections in mass to then highlight which need to be re-authorized would be helpful instead of catching them when preparing to do a comparison.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow delegated users to edit environment variables

My user is setup on our CI and I have a number of environment variables setup on Custom Labels for ID's.

Whilst this works great the main issue is if I am Sick/On Holiday there is no way for someone else to go in and add/edit the environment variables thus making me a single point of failure/Reference.

What would be great would be either have Environment Variables setup at a CI level and delegated users have the ability to go in and edit/create new ones against the CI (This would ensure only those that know what they are doing are…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make Gearset more responsive via web design

Currently when doing deployments I have realized when i migrate to a smaller screen that gearset isn't super responsive and sometimes i have to drag it back to my larger monitor. This was really highlighted when I was attempting to deploy some metadata from my phone (mac was updating).
    Please make gearset more responsive so I can deploy from my phone.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Require a Deployment Friendly name

Add option to require a Deployment Friendly name, similar to the current settings to require deployment notes and Jira tickets

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Introduce Import/Export feature for Custom Filters

Expose the underlying JSON/XML for Custom Filters so that we can export it, modify it in a text editor either by hand or with python scripts, then load it back into the custom filter.

For example I have my main CI filter with 50ish metadata types, and every other filter is a subset which I establish by cloning the "master" filter and deselecting metadata types. Whenever I make a change to the master filter I am forced to nuke all the the "detail" filters and recreate them off the master using the above approach.

So many clicks. My preference would…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make Pipelines a Top-Level Menu Item

This is a less-good, but arguably easier to implement, version of my request for customizable landing pages. It takes a few clicks to get to pipelines and, since it's the place I live most often inside of Gearset these days, I'd love it if it was a menu option that is parallel to "Continuous Integration" so I could get there in fewer clicks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Archiving and restore process

Data archiving for storing records that can be easily accessed when marked as archived at an off-premise location. A backup and restore would be overkill when there is a need to store only partial records or a combination of fields from records in different objects. Restoring to a new object that does not interfere with existing objects would be ideal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base