Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

214 results found

1. Profile Comparison within Same Org

It would be useful to be able to compare profiles within the Same Org to allow for improved Security analysis and deployment.

Use Case: Developer added new functionality in Sandbox and applied it to only a few of the profiles that were specific to that story. Now there is a new to expose that functionality to more users, but need an easy way of knowing which profiles are missing the needed functionality without going through each individually.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Saved Comparisons should be visible to team members

I have a team that has access to Gearset but unfortunately they cannot view the Saved Comparisons I've created. To reduce unnecessary time spent on creating and maintaining Saved Comparisons, it would be greatly appreciated if the Saved Comparisons could be shared with the team and possibly allow the owner to delegate access to the Saved Comparisons.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Compare Active Version of flows not the newest Flow

When comparing flows please compare the active version of flows, not the newest version. This would align with how change sets handle flow.
    Example:
    Version 2 and 3 exist in source. Version 2 is active and version 3 is draft. I want to deploy Version 2 that is active not the inactive flow.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow Record type additions and removals to be selectable

I am not a having an option to deploy the particular picklist values in the Record type level, I would like to include only the values I have added that are different from my target environment.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make "Hide Reodering" global switch

Please add a feature to have globally selected "Hide Reordering" and also hide those files that have no changes after reordering from Changed Items?

Clicking that on every file to see that there are no real differences is time consuming and slow down the comparison process.

Scenario:
    1. I am comparing two sandboxes develop with my private sandbox to align with changes made on develop.
    2. I have comparison with many Global Value Sets, Custom fields which are Picklists, flows etc.
    3. Most of them are not changed but are listed as changes. I need to click on each metadata…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make it available to commit custom labels that are part of a managed package

Custom Labels of managed packages do not show up in the comparison because they cannot be changed and therefore are not deployable. However, the (override) translations of these Custom Labels do show up and are deployable. It is possible to deploy & commit the translations but this poses an issue if you commit to git since gearset suggests to leave them out of the commit because they are missing a dependency. If you ignore the suggestion and commit them anyway, they'll be removed the next time the repo cleaner runs. This way, it cannot reliably be kept in git.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show Formula Comparisons line by line

When comparing formulas (in validations, formula fields, workflow criteria...) the comparison should be done line by line.

Considering the whole formula a block and only showing that "something" has changed in the formula is not useful when looking for conflicts between environments.

When pushing changes between environments, admins are checking to make sure they are not overwriting other changes with their update. They most probably know the formula has changed (that was their job) but they need to ensure no unwanted changes are added/deleted from the target environment.

In long formulas with many lines (potentially >100) it's not easy to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a 'flag' to ignore XML 'utf' versus 'UTF' in XML header.

I believe there exists a mismatch with the XML header reference to UTF in the Gearset library to what is used in SFDX.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. dynamic search function after comparison

dynamic search function

it would be helpful after the comparison to look for multiple components at the same time and not each one individually. for the release we get a list of components example from the developer:

CustomerAddress
    Customer
    Namec
    Customer_Tel
    c

I want to include the entire list in one search, and I want gerset to search for each row individually. Example in SQL:

SELECT * FROM table
    WHERE column1 LIKE '%customeraddress%'
    OR column1 LIKE '%customer
    namec%'
    OR column1 LIKE '%customer_tele
    c%'
    OR column1 LIKE '%customertele_c%'

this change would save us…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow users set their own default tab view when viewing the comparison between orgs

The recent change (March '22) to change the default tab when viewing a comparison from Changed Items to 'All Items' makes it more difficult to quickly see changes, because maybe there aren't any. The All Items list would also be extremely long if the org is particularly complex.
    As such, I propose that you give users the ability to select their own default tab when the comparison page loads, so we can choose to always view 'New' or 'Changed' items.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Force-deploy Flow translations with no difference

At the root of this, the main problem is that if you create a new flow version through the SFDC flow editor interface, the flow will have a new version of the flow translations based on the previous translations.

But if you DEPLOY a flow, the new flow version is created WITHOUT flow translations at all.

This would be fine, if gearset would allow us to reliably deploy the flow WITH flow translations, even if the flow translations had "no changes". (Gearset does not allow us to deploy items with no change, and sometimes doesn't even show them in the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Remove/Deactivate new feature for batch comparison

A few weeks ago, Gearset added a new feature to officially make the comparison faster, by showing already results of first batch and add the rest later on.

This feature makes it much more difficult to do comparisons. First of all, I don't see any benefit. I still need to wait for the whole comparison to finish, because I still need to now, what has changed. Why should I look into the first things, when I need to look into it again, after the rest is compared. So before I can select anything, I need to wait the whole time…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Activity Task Event field level security validation in Profile

Hi Gearset Team,

I would like to have a metadata validation for profile field level security involving Activity, Task, Event object as they are related to each other in Salesforce.

For example:
    If we do a retrieve for Activity, Task, Event object along with profile. In the profile metadata it would specify this:
    <fieldPermissions>
    <editable>true</editable>
    <field>Task.FieldX__c</field>
    <readable>true</readable>
    </fieldPermissions>

However, if there were to be a mistake in the profile metadata and we commit them in version control it is detected as a 'new item' in Compare and Deploy

<fieldPermissions>
    <editable>true</editable>
    <field>Activity.FieldX__c</field>
    <readable>true</readable>
    </fieldPermissions>

When we select this new changes and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ignore Business Owner changes between Sandboxes

This was marked as "Completed" in https://gearset.uservoice.com/forums/283474-help-us-improve-gearset/suggestions/39507649-resolve-data-owner-user-metadata-from-difference

But really the issue remains.

When "Business owner" is populated in a field, it will show as "different" since the XML is showing username, which is different between sandboxes.

This make trying to do comparisons to find differences very challenging.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. comparison between 3 or more ORGs

i would like to see in a future update about comparing 3 or more Orgs to possibly fine tune checks between production, and multiple sandboxes to make sure everything looks as needed to verify no sandboxes are overlooked for refreshes if needed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show "All" Different Items

Instead of a tab showing 'All Items', even items that are the same, maybe show a tab of All Different Items, which would show New, Deleted, and Changed in a single view without having to sift through the 'All Items' for these.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add option to load missing dependeces only.

Example:
    When I already selected metadata filter with many items, downloaded metadata, compared, checked, and clicked deploy then I am getting an error that some dependency is missing but it is metadata type that wasn't selected previously.

Currently:
    I need to click refresh comparison select additional metadata types and reload all metadata from both sandboxes. It is very time and resource consuming with big packages.

As a solution:
    I want to have the possibility to click a button and select on the metadata list only those that I want to add to the current package and only those should be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Delegate Access by Comparison

Provide an additional delegate access option: be able to grant this at a comparison level to a user vs at the org level (situation is predominately experienced for Production comparisons/deployments). Granting access at an org level gives too much access (CI jobs, etc) for some users so it would be ideal to have a narrower scope.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support Email Template Folder metadata migration

Metadata API for EmailTemplateFolder does not accept wildcards so you have to know the name of the folder to be able to pull it down and migrate it. Currently (as of 2-16) the Gearset product cannot pull these.

Suggest that they add functionality to make a SOQL call to get all the folder names, at which point they should be able to pull them. Allowing for compare and deployment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Meta Comparison Filter Based on User and/or Timeframe

It would be great if there was a way to create a metadata comparison filter, and not just filter with regard to metadata types, but also filter by which user made the change, or the timeframe when the change was made? For instance, it'd be great if I could create a filter based on changes I made within the past 30 days, or a specific timeframe. Filtering by metadata types takes very long for large orgs, even if I reduce the metadata types down to 1 or 2.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base