Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

337 results found

1. Add a Save As to Save Draft Deployment

Add a Save As or an alternative way to create multiple packages from the same comparison. I have an existing comparison run and I want to stage the deployments, deploying some today and the rest next week. It would be more efficient to save both packages now as I am going through them, saving one for example as Dep120916.1 with half of my selected object and another one called Dep120916.2 with the remaining objects to be deployed later.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Be able to create a CI Job to auto-commit (changes between two orgs) to source control

We have both admins and developers working within our SFDC environments.

Admins typically deploy across environments, so being able to create a CI job to keep the repo updated with these org-to-org changes would be ideal.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create CI deployments which only run on demand

Have jobs that run only manually, rather than on time or commit basis.
    Specify the source and target and the metadata filter, and save as a preset job. The job can then be triggered to run on demand with a "Run now" button. This means we can safely update our branch until ready to deploy, then don't have to manually compare orgs to push the changes out

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Rollback deployments made by CI jobs

Manual deployments and change monitoring jobs can be rolled back. Add the same function to CI jobs in case it accidentally deploys something unwanted

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Under deployments in the validated tab there is no column for the name of the deployment. Please carry over the friendly name.

When a draft is validate, as the gatekeeper for production I cannot see what a coworkers validated deployment is about. It seems like the friendly name should carry over as a column to display on the validated tab, also into the deployment history.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now implemented and released. As on the deployment history page, you can now name your validated packages.

This name will follow over from a draft deployment and to the deployment history.

Thanks for the feature suggestion!

Oli

6. Remember a default Github repo

I have access to a huge number of Github repos but use only one for gearset deployments. It would be nice if that repo were automatically selected.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Disable scheduled tests (temporary)

We're currently using this tool primarily for nightly unit test monitoring. However, some nights we don't want the tests to run because we'll be doing after-hours upgrades and other maintenance.

As far as we know, currently the only way to 'disable' the automatic test run is to delete/disconnect the app entirely. However this is not ideal, as we have to re-add/re-auth to turn it back on.

If Gearset had a checkbox next to each org/environment that we could enable/disable the job at will, that would be ideal.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Testing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add linked services to "Reuse deployment package"

When cloning a package that was originally deployed to a github repo, the dialog for "Reuse deployment package" only has source/destination Salesforce organizations and not linked services like github.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback, this was a great suggestion. We released this feature last night – if you clone a package you should now have the option to choose from Salesforce orgs or linked services such as GitHub.

9. Add a `Weekly` cadence to the test runner

I need to run my own tests (ie no namespace) daily as those should never fail and if they do I need to know

For namespace tests, I just need to run them weekly, primarily to reset the "invalid" flag on apex classes that can be tripped by trivial changes. I know some will fail as we have some huge apps installed and my understanding is that it's normal for dome of those managed tests to fail.

So I would only want to run them weekly to reduce the noise from the daily failure email. Just run those on Saturday.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Testing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to compare and migrate object data between Salesforce orgs

The metadata compare and deploy is outstanding and works well. What would save configuration and release engineers even more time would be an object data compare / sync. Sometimes, salesforce releases may only require a data migration. Hopefully, this feature will get a few upvotes from the community as well.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Filter on Columns in comparison screen

On comparison screen, would be nice if we can filter on each column on top of standard string filter

Example use case: Show me Custom object with last modified by me with modified date within this week.

Can be achieved if we can filter on "metadata type", "Changed on", "Changed by" Columns

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re closing this feature request as the main bulk of functionality (more advanced filtering on a per column basis) was implemented at the end of 2016.

If you have a specific interest in 1st class filtering specifically by date, could you open a new feature request for that?

Thanks,
    Gearset team

12. Add a 'Share Organization' shortcut under 'Actions' in Manage Organizations

For team members without access to a saved organization, the hover tip on the inactive 'Open Draft' button in Draft Deployments reads "You don't currently have permission to edit this draft. Request access from the owner of the source and target credentials".

If the org owner looks under 'Manage Organizations' to remedy this, there's no information on this page indicating how to grant access . Most users on our team are Account Members (not Account Owners), and not familiar with navigating the 'Account' menu options.

Would suggest a 'Share' shortcut under Actions in 'Manage Organizations' to take the org owner…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Exporting Scheduled Test Results to File

We would like to see the ability to export the scheduled test results to PDF or Spreadsheet. This will allow us to associate test results with our internal work items and allow visibility into the test results. I understand that users can view the test results with no license. However, i see value in having the export available; similar to the export of the deployment report.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have CI jobs work using BitBucket webhooks

Just like it is already with GitHub.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Combine multiple deploy packages into one

It would be nice to have the ability to select multiple packages in the deployment history, and clone all of them into one comprehensive deployment. This would help when there are multiple features moved at different times to a QA environment, but would like to move them all at once to Production.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Text results on Monitoring to multiple phone numbers

Allow text message notifications to multiple phone numbers

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. CI Jobs - Partial Deployments

Allow partial deployments when changes are committed into a branch, so instead of trying to re-deploy the full repo, we should have an option to allow deployment for only the changed items.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

CI jobs can now be set to deploy only certain types of metadata change: new, changed, deleted. If only “changed” is selected, no new metadata or deletions will be pushed by the job, only modifications to metadata that exists in both source and target. This selection is found in the job creation/edit screen. You can also specify whether you want the CI job to respect a package.xml file when deploying from a repository for even finer control over what metadata it deploys.

18. Ability to select Field Sets as a separate item

It seems that Field Sets are deployed by deploying the object that they are related to.

This doesn't work well for me because I have admins changing objects in production, but I often need to deploy a Field Set to go with my code.

Currently, I'm jumping out of Gearset and deploying a Change Set with just the Field Sets, then coming back to Gearset to deploy my code.

It would be nice if I could select just the Field Sets and deploy them without changing anything else related to the object.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Field sets are currently deployable as individual items assuming the object they belong to already exists in some form in the target. If the object the field sets belong to doesn’t exist in target yet, then it must first be partially created in the target for Gearset to be able to deploy individual sub components. Thanks for the suggestion!

19. Ability to create CI jobs from GitHub Enterprise

I expect parity between GitHub and GitHub Enterprise when it comes to creating CI jobs and CI jobs with web hooks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add support to run tests that are in a namespace

Add the ability to run tests that are behind a specified namespace. This would allow developers to run their own tests in a test org with other packages installed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base