Help us improve Gearset

Welcome to the Gearset feedback forum. We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better.

Post your ideas and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you. We’re keen to hear about product improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike. We check this forum regularly and will keep ideas updated with their current status. If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Access to Jira custom fields

we have a custom field we use that ties to a release number. It would be great if as an additional option to selecting tickets, access this field, set the value (in this case our release number) and have gearset pull all related requests in.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When source is local files, Refresh Comparison button should be smarter

If your source is Local files, and you do a Compare to some target, and then realize the source needs to be amended before re-comparing, your "training" is to clock "Refresh Comparison" button.

This executes but does not ask you to upload new source files so essentially nothing happens.

User should be given option to upload new folder/zip.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Create a VSTS Build Task for Gearset

VSTS offers the ability to create build definitions to validate/deploy your code, but Gearset customers don't have much options natively in VSTS to trigger a Gearset deployment. We can scan a code repository for changes every 4 hours in order to do a CI deployment-- but that's about it.

VSTS offers the ability for vendors to create "Build Tasks" for their applications, where you can initiate a VSTS build and get results. This is basically a controlled version of API access to the tool.

More information:
    VSTS Marketplace - https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/vsts
    VSTS "Add a Build Task" - https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/docs/integrate/extensions/develop/add-build-task

It would be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support customer S3 buckets for storage

Allowing customers to specify their own S3 buckets for storage could be beneficial for the product. This would give the customer enhanced security and control over their data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Display org authorisation errors

When I link my Salesforce org with Gearset, I like to use OAuth as that provides the best security.

Whenever there is an error during the linking process, such as when:

1. The app is blocked (OAUTHAPPBLOCKED)
    2. I press Deny on the OAuth consent screen
    3. The org has IP restrictions in place that prevents Gearset from completing the OAuth flow

Gearset returns to the Manage Orgs or Configure page without showing me what went wrong!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. allow users to customize Slack notifications

It would be great to have some ability to customize the notifications, specifically:
    - change sender/title. right now it just shows up as my name.
    - add a link to the monitoring history to allow wasy one-click into monitoring reports to see what specifically has changed.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base