Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

214 results found

1. Compare Active Version of flows not the newest Flow

When comparing flows please compare the active version of flows, not the newest version. This would align with how change sets handle flow.
    Example:
    Version 2 and 3 exist in source. Version 2 is active and version 3 is draft. I want to deploy Version 2 that is active not the inactive flow.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Offer option to auto-limit items in clone comparison

When a deployment is completed, you have an option to clone that package. For many of my deployments, I want to push a package to source control, and then on to production. The second comparison could be limited to just the items in the cloned package. Would be great to have an option to limit second comparison to only the meta-data items in the clone. Would allow subsequent comparisons to run much more quickly, if the user is confident that the package has everything needed for that specific deployment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Option to ignore package namespaces differences in Apex classes

Our Apex Classes reference multiple managed packages that are updated automatically in our sandbox/production environments. This causes many classes to get picked up unnecessarily in our comparisons/CI deployments between source control (where the managed packages are not committed) and org.

Unlike https://gearset.uservoice.com/forums/283474-help-us-improve-gearset/suggestions/43917792-add-an-option-to-ignore-package-version-difference this is specifically for different package namespaces between the source and target.

In this example the source has one namespace and the target has 2 package namespaces.

It would be very useful to be able to choose to ignore all package differences in comparisons and CI jobs as a team-wide setting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Meta Comparison Filter Based on User and/or Timeframe

It would be great if there was a way to create a metadata comparison filter, and not just filter with regard to metadata types, but also filter by which user made the change, or the timeframe when the change was made? For instance, it'd be great if I could create a filter based on changes I made within the past 30 days, or a specific timeframe. Filtering by metadata types takes very long for large orgs, even if I reduce the metadata types down to 1 or 2.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create new branch using type-forward / auto-complete from JIRA (or other supported tool)

It would be great if you have JIRA connected, to make it easier to create your branch. So basically type-forward (-ish) functionality to identify a JIRA ticket and take the issue ID and description as branch name.

Say your JIRA ticket is ISSUE-1234 Implement this awesome feature.

The default branch name would be issue-1234-implement-this-awesome-feature.

(Where it reads JIRA could be Azure or any other support tool of course).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Increase the size of the 'Create new branch from...' modal.

When creating a new branch from the 'Create new branch from...' model, it's hard because of the small size of the modal/dialog. Just sizing the modal/dialog larger would make it easier to work with.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Prevent Accidental Backing Out of Deployment components when Deploying Multiple Packages

Sometimes I have multiple packages that have been validated, that I am looking to deploy. If they happen to overlap components, then deploying in the wrong order could back out a change made by the earlier deployment.
    From this I came up with two ideas that could help:

1) The ability to select multiple validated packages or draft deployments, and click a button that will tell me if they have overlapping components. That will let me know if I have anything to worry about; if they overlap then maybe I should combine them into one package.

2) The ability to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make "Hide Reodering" global switch

Please add a feature to have globally selected "Hide Reordering" and also hide those files that have no changes after reordering from Changed Items?

Clicking that on every file to see that there are no real differences is time consuming and slow down the comparison process.

Scenario:
    1. I am comparing two sandboxes develop with my private sandbox to align with changes made on develop.
    2. I have comparison with many Global Value Sets, Custom fields which are Picklists, flows etc.
    3. Most of them are not changed but are listed as changes. I need to click on each metadata…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ignore "trackHistory" comparison if an Org has "FALSE" and Git does not define this entry

The Salesforce CLI system returns the Custom Field Metadata XML file without a "trackHistory" entry if it is set to false. This XML entry is optional in the Custom Field metadata type. However, once we deploy such metadata to the org and execute compare between a branch and the org again, it shows differences, saying that "trackHistory == false". But is "false" by default. So I would recommend you ignore this entry if SF Org returns FALSE and the VCS file does not have this item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the ability to run the problem analyzer while on the comparison screen

I originally was going to request the ability to append the items found in problem analyzer to the list of selected components, when going back to view the comparison, but then I thought why not take it one step further, and move the problem analyzer feature to the comparison screen? Then, the items it finds/suggests, the user can add them to the package there, or choose to ignore them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add the option to either hide source control locations where you do not have a connection, or allow a default SCM connection to be selected.

We only use on source control service, so having to select 'Azure DevOps' before being able to select the repo/branch, is a small step that adds up over time.

Being able to either hide services that you do not already have a connection for, or being able to default to a service, with the ability yo navigate back up and over, as needed. would be welcomed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pop Out Diff File in Comparisons

The current UI design for comparisons is very unfriendly to smaller screens. When working on a laptop viewing the comparison and the Diff files together is nearly impossible. It would be useful to be able to pop out a diff file or open it in another tab so it can be better viewed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. r.uzdavines@nextech.com

It would be great if I could group my Selected Items into groups or Projects, so that I could filter and just see those. Now that I've added a bunch of items for different projects, it's a little hard to quickly decipher which project it applies to. I'd like to be able to double check each Project's list right before deploying to make sure I've added everything. Maybe you can add another column and allow the user to create new values for "Projects."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an Undo Action/Functionality in the Comparison UI

Add an Undo button to the comparison UI in case someone accidentally de-selects a component from the Selected Items tab. It would save time rather than having re-search for the component and lose your train of thought. You have this feature in Google Docs and sheets.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Rename the Name bar in compare and deploy to : Name (api)

Simple to implement, just a string rename...
    Rename the Name bar in compare and deploy to : Name (api)
    It would show clearly that the name displayed there is the API name, not the "label" name XD
    Cheerio

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. sfdx repo deployment should be in subcomponents

Context: Compare and Deploy from Org to a Repo.

as i understand it, even if my repo is in SFDX format (Object subcomponents), Gearset still does the compare in the metadata format.
    it reads the components from sfdx, combines into a .object form, and then applies the changes to the .object file and then decomposes again.

this is causing unintentional changes to be part of our PR

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enhance Metadata Filter Type Recognition

Our team has struggled learning the Metadata API names of metadata types when compared to what items are called in change sets. One example would be to highlight Weblink when a user searches for Button.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make org-org and org-VCS compare differences work the same

There is no end to confusion on the part of the devops user when Gearset displays differences "differently" when comparison is org-org vs. org-VCS

For example: https://docs.gearset.com/en/articles/3491009-are-profile-permissions-showing-up-as-new-or-deleted-when-you-know-it-s-not-the-case

Gearset should apply a consistent principle - to see a Profile subcomponent, the compare filter should include both sides of the subcomponent (e.g. Profile + ApexClass to see ApexClassPermissions; Profile + Layout to see layoutAssignments; etc.)

If both sides of the subcomponent are not included in the filter, then there's no difference to show.

Note that these use cases must also be supported:

Profile deleted in org; org->VCS compare should delete .profile file…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The ability to deploy only certain fields in a record type and not all fields

If we want to promote a change to a single field in a record type, we're unable to because the file is pushed in it's entirety. We'd like the ability to view from list of available changes in a record type by field and select just the changes to the fields we want to promote.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. "Dismiss/Hide Item" option for any found comparison

There are numerous "changes' that aren't actually changes (ex: logo images, Global Picklist set order). It'd be great to hide those those changes or dismiss them in a comparison to not look at them. Once it's dismissed, it's out of sight and there is no need to evaluate it every time you look at a saved comparison. It'd be clear that it was evaluated and not dismissed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base