Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

234 results found

1. Precision Deployments for Flow

Please add Flow for Precision Deployment. The new flow visualization has been really great and it would be very helpful to be able to use precision deployments with them.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Compare Types on Comparison

For the pipelines observed when creating a feature branch and during comparison runs, a default filter is applied to the compared types without any metadata types selected (0). We would like to have a custom filter with metadata types for a specific pipeline pre-selected by default when the feature branch initiates the comparison.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add support for Vlocity managed package vlocity_cmt__ProductConfigurationProcedure__c object

Add support for Vlocity managed package vlocity cmt ProductConfigurationProcedure c object. Currently it is not supported by Gearset Vlocity tab. Confirmed by Gearset. This limits the autonomy of products deployment for Vlocity projects.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Split Lightning Page Metadata Type

Think the Lightning Page metadata type needs to be split into 2 categories. Reason being it is the one metadata type that causes comparisons to run for extremely long times or even crash/time out. This happens because it trying to compare all of the lightning email templates users make. It would be better if lightning email templates were their own metadata type and the lightning page type was actually just lightning pages created for objects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. new comparison tool issues

new comparison method/view has a few bugs/bad ideas

1. when selecting a comparison pair & comparison filter on the "saved comparison pairs" page, the chosen filter does not carry through to the new screen & has to be re-applied

2. once in the comparison screen, there is no "sele3cted" button like on the legacy page. - this is crucial to know where I'm up to with selecting the parts to release.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add support for CMS Collections

Please add support for CMS Collections in the comparison filters as well as the deployments and CI jobs.
    We're working with CMS Collections in our current developments of a customer community and we'd like to deploy this metadata as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Vlocity Metadata Types collapse during Compare & Deploy

When you start the Compare & Deploy, for Salesforce Objects, you see all the metadata types broken out as they get completed for 204 types. For Vlocity there are 83 types to select, but when you run the comparison, it collapses to just 1 type of Vlocity. It should show progress similar to hwo the Salesforce Metadata types work

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add the "cloned from" friendly name somewhere on the comparison page.

This suggestion is specific to comparisons that are initiated by cloning a package (that already has been named). Gearset / salesforce takes a bit of time to finish its comparison/validation, so often times I'll open up to 5+ tabs one for each of my gearset deployments. As the comparisons complete, I'll move between the tabs to progress through the steps, but as you can imagine it gets confusing which compare is cloned from which deployment.

Possible ways to display on UI:

When cloning a single package -
    e.g.
    Apps-87431

When multiple packages are combined -
    e.g.
    Apps-87431
    Apps-87431-Step2
    Apps-87431-AddField

Usually,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Save sort order in Saved comparison pairs

It would be nice that the chosen sort order of the saved comparison pairs could be saved.
    If I choose to sort the saved comparison pairs on Friendly name and i open a new tab of gearset, the saved comparison pairs in the new tab are sorted on last used. It would be nice that in the new tab, the saved comparison pairs are sorted based on the same column as the previous tab.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add an option to ignore API version differences during comparisons

When comparing Apex, and other files with API versions the difference engine will mark any files with higher API version as "changed", even if the API version is the only change. This can be undesirable when there have been bulk updates to the API version that have not been made in the development environments. It would be great if the comparison engine could make it clearer when the only difference between two files is an API version (especially when the target is on a higher API version)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Picklist Comparison should show if value is active/inactive

When comparing a picklist in which we have deactivated values, the simplified comparison visualization shows the deactivated values as being "added" (in green, on the source side).

The XML reveals <isactive>false</isactive> is being added, but the simplified view seems to suggest new values are added instead

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow users to select a default comparison view between 'Permissions View' and 'XML view'.

During comparisons, I constantly have to select the XML view when I click through rows of metadata as it keeps defaulting back to the Permissions View, I don't particularly find the permissions view that useful and I'm also used to XML views, would appreciate if you could give users a choice in a 'default' view to improve experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Configure the "Saved Comparison Pair" to always use a specific Comparison Filter

When managing multiple orgs, and running comparisons, the Saved Comparison Pair saves a lot of time. However, sometimes we need to use different Comparison Filters, based on which environments we are comparing.

Instead of first choosing the Comparison Pair, then manually selecting the Comparison Filter to use, it would be great to be able to (optionally) configure the Comparison Pair to use a specified Comparison Filter.

Example Use Case:

When committing work from our Dev org to BitBucket, we exclude Apex Classes & Triggers, and mainly commit declarative functionality (Apex code is committed separately from our dev team). All development…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Use location of metadata in source branch or local folder when adding to target branch

When adding a file from a branch or local folder (source) to another branch (target) not having the file, use its location in the source as the location in the target.

Currently all new files are placed in the default folder [1].

Let's assume a new file, "HelloWorld.cls", in the source is located in .../force-app/main/default/classes/special/ and that class doesn't exist in the target. When the deployment is complete the file should exist in the target's .../force-app/main/default/classes/special/ folder, matching its location in the source. Currently it would be placed in .../force-app/main/default/classes/.

[1] https://docs.gearset.com/en/articles/2835001-structuring-your-source-control-repository

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add support for OverrideSettings for Vlocity datapacks

It would be great if there is a way to set up OverrideSettings https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.os_build_tool_override_datapack_settings.htm&type=5 for the deployment pipeline. For example, FilterFields can be specified, so those fields are removed from the datapack before being committed to the git repo.

This should help to reduce the number of differences in the compare view when e.g. Salesforce IDs are different or empty attributes are added.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Filter metadata types based on whether org is licensed for that metadata or user permissions for that metadata

Compare 2.0 Metadata types

Why am I seeing Fuel Type and Fuel Type Sustainability Unit of Measure ? Running user needs a special permission set to see these metadata types and I, as running user in Gearset, don’t have this permission set.

This is an example of a general suggestion wherein if the source org/running user isn’t licensed/permissioned for some SFDC metadata, it shouldn’t appear in the (lengthy) enumeration of metadata types

Other examples are Live Chat XXX, PaymentGatewayProvider, SchedulingXXX,SustainabilityUom,SustnUomConversion, WebStoreXXX and many more

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow XML comparison to be exported

Being able to extract the XML for the change and the target's differences would allow us to analyze and track label/code changes versus just ordering or location changes.

My issue is similar to the "Enhance XML meta data comparison to ignore changes in XML order" and "Export Comparison details all items" and "Allow download of XML files from the comparisons page"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search with components returned by metadata comparison

Performing a search across the returned components xml would be helpful. In our org we add a JIRA ticket reference to the Description - having the ability to search for the ticket number string would help narrow the list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to move existing field to be under another section on layout

If I have multiple sections on my layout.
    I have a specific field under one layout section, but now I changed the layout so the field no is moved to another section.
    Now I can't do that because the compare and deploy forces me to override the existing section where the field is under.
    My intention is to move the field place to be under another section and not delete the other layout section

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add exclusion filters for Pipelines

Currently, the metadata filters in pipeline (CI) jobs are either all of a type of metadata, or a defined subset. There is no option to include all, except for a couple of objects, which is oftentimes required.
    Please consider adding a negative (exclusion) filter for CI jobs, in addition to the existing positive (inclusion) filters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base