Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

216 results found

1. Only display active branches when displaying branches from a bit bucket cloud repository

Only display active branches when displaying branches from a bit bucket cloud repository

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. FLS selection for Source control

while deploying a field to source control. we just want to move profile FLS of that only field. FLS was not displayed on the components drop down of profile. we are only able select profile so that whole object's FLS are getting deployed to the Source Control.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Include both dates on comparison export

The sheet exported from a comparison currently includes only one date column. It is unclear which org this refers to. It would be great if it included two columns (one per org) so that one didn't have to individually look up the item to determine which version is newer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Configure the "Saved Comparison Pair" to always use a specific Comparison Filter

When managing multiple orgs, and running comparisons, the Saved Comparison Pair saves a lot of time. However, sometimes we need to use different Comparison Filters, based on which environments we are comparing.

Instead of first choosing the Comparison Pair, then manually selecting the Comparison Filter to use, it would be great to be able to (optionally) configure the Comparison Pair to use a specified Comparison Filter.

Example Use Case:

When committing work from our Dev org to BitBucket, we exclude Apex Classes & Triggers, and mainly commit declarative functionality (Apex code is committed separately from our dev team). All development…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Deploy Managed Custom Filters Globally

When we associate a custom filter with a particular CI job, and then make changes to the filter, give the user the option to push those changes to all jobs (list them out) that use that named filter.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Button for 'All the Differences' that gives all additions, deletions, and changes

I'd love to have a button for 'all the things' (new, changed, and deleted). Currently, every time I run a compare, I use the All button and then turn off 'No Difference' on type.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add issues from the problem analyzer to the comparison list

When I find issues in the problem analyzer, if I accept them, they only add the things that I have selected, but I can't add any related elements without going back to the comparison.

For example, if I miss a custom field in the comparison, but the problem analyzer flags it, I don't have any way to add the permissions for that field.

Instead, I have to go back to the comparison and add that missed field and then it's related features (this is a big problem if the analyzer flags a number of issues).

Having a button in the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Multiple metadata comparison filter selection

Having multiple comparison filters to target specific metadata is handy but sometimes you need some additional components for a deployment (e.g Flow & Custom Fields).

The ability to select more than one metadata comparison filter would be a great help and would save on the number of custom filters created and shared.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add the ability to edit xml

I would like to have the possibility to edit XML files from the comparison view.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow users set their own default tab view when viewing the comparison between orgs

The recent change (March '22) to change the default tab when viewing a comparison from Changed Items to 'All Items' makes it more difficult to quickly see changes, because maybe there aren't any. The All Items list would also be extremely long if the org is particularly complex.
    As such, I propose that you give users the ability to select their own default tab when the comparison page loads, so we can choose to always view 'New' or 'Changed' items.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Last Modified in Metadata Filter

It would be great if I could set a "last modified" filter when setting which metadata to pull. Rather than go to Apex Classes, wait for the list to refresh, then cherry-pick them, it would be great to simply compare Apex classes modified today, or in the last 30 days, or in the last hour, etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to choose whether or not to respect the forceignore file

Would like a checkbox on the comparison screen that allows me to choose whether or not the comparison will respect the contents of the forceignore file. (Similar to the checkbox allowing you to choose whether or not the comparison should use the package.xml file).

Our usage of Gearset does not align with our usage of the forceignore file for automated deployments. In fact, we often use Gearset to manually compare and/or deploy items that we specifically ignore for automated deployments.

Summary of problem this new feature has introduced:
    We use gearset for org -> git deployments, and for git ->…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add "Manage Custom Filters" button next to Metadata Comparison Filter dropdown

I find myself always going into the "Manage custom filters" screen as it allows you to see what metadata you're including and even change the selected filter.

To get to that screen always requires a click on the drop down (Metadata Comparison Filter) and then another click at the very top on "Manage Custom Filters".

It'd be great if the "Manage Custom filters" gear/button was displayed on the main UI next to the "Metadata Comparison Filter" to save time (avoid clicking on the dropdown) and allow users to quickly get to the Manage Custom filters screen which contains all you…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Scheduling of Comparison and Export Results via Email

Our use case is to schedule the comparison of two sources (Salesforce orgs) which are both "dev" environments, on a daily basis, yet receive the comparison results as an email attachment. The format of the export file within the comparison itself is what we'd need. This would save time & clicks by not having to log into the app and dig into the comparison job to manually extract the csv file.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Categorize Meta Data Filters

Allow the custom meta data filters to be categorize or put in folders. You could organize your filters by customer, deployment type, etc..

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow deployments across managed package versions

Gearset does not allow comparisons or deployments of custom metadata on managed packages if the versions are different. We got ourselves in a situation where a package in the sandbox was a higher beta version that we couldn't upgrade to. This required us to do all the field deployments via changsets.

Adding a warning for deployments across managed package versions would be ideal as most changes one would deploy wouldn't necessarily cause any issues.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Better pre-selection of repos & branches

My reasoning for the need:
    Every day when comparing, I have to choose one github repo out of 343 (46 of mine + 297 from an org I'm a part of). Yes I know I can type some characters and it will search the list of repos, but it's still unpractical. It sometimes looks like it remembers the choice, but I think it doesn't quite work after logout and I have to select the repo from the long list too often.

The bare minimum that would bring me pleasure:
    The last used repo I used for any comparison would always…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search for components within Profile should show results regardless of expansion of specific profiles

Use case on Difference Viewer:

search on `profilerecordtypevisibility' (or use metadata filter and check Profile: Record Type Visibility)

Results
    Unless the difference viewer already has the Profile(s) expanded for their components, you get no results

Desired behavior -- Search on components within Profile should show results; even if search takes longer

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Display "Metadata comparison (custom) filter" used on "Comparison in progress" -screen

Hi! I just started to evaluate Gearset. Looking good. When I was staring at "Comparison in progress"-screen this came to my mind:

Sometimes it takes a bit longer than expected and I start to think: "OMG - What custom filter I used? - Probably I'm comparing everything - That's why it takes so long - Maybe I should cancel this job?".

It would be more reassuring if the Metadata comparison (custom) filter being used was also shown on that "Comparison in progress" screen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve comparison performance

If there is one thing that is :-( about Gearset is that for moderate size orgs (a few thousand objects), the default 64 comparison takes too long.

You want to initiate a deployment from source to target and, for whatever reason, you want to make sure you didn't miss anything that needs to be deployed

So, to be safe, you initiate the 64 default comparison.

And you wait (downloading, comparison). This can take several minutes. You go on to other tasks and your zeal to get the deployment done went off onto other things as the comparison time is too…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base