Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

74 results found

1. add the ability to run static code analysis against an org or source control, simply click refresh button to re-run it and see results

This will give you a "run code analysis -> see results -> fix issues -> push to source control (or an org) -> repeat" workflow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow PMD to be configured by uploading a xml file with rules

We use PMD locally in our IDEs to analyse during development, and the whole team shares a rule file in xml. It excludes the ones we don't like and configures other rules.

We can configure Gearset to do the same through the UI, but I'd rather be able to just upload the file, then I will know they are the same set of rules.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adjust dependancy on managed package versions for Apex[Class|Page]

We've found when developing classes against managed packages the class ...meta.xml includes the package version numbers. Problem is these are fixed to the exact version installed (e.g. 9.4, 9.3 etc. example below)

But then if the managed package is upgraded Salesforce, in its infinite wisdom, doesn't update these so when you come to deploy next time you have to go and manually update all the version numbers - or if you have a different version in another sandbox (to test the newer one) same thing.

Seems like something a cool deployment tool could handle and offer to fix up on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add api version check validation

We have experienced quite a few errors when a metadata component is developed in a sandbox that has been updated to the preview api version but production hasn't been updated to that version yet. Our entire pipeline and PR validation process works perfectly until the very last step when deploying to production. It's very difficult to deal with at that point.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When Problem Analyzer adds Fields, Add Profile Permissions Too

Currently the problem analyzer will identify missing fields. However, it doesn't prompt or allow you to add the permissions for the fields. So, you either have to go back, manually add all fields as Selected, or push the package and then go back manually and add permissions for all fields. It should prompt to add both the fields and the permissions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Support deployment of password and session policies via Gearset

According to the Salesforce developer link https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000349181&type=1

Password and Session policies include a numeric code which is equal to a epoc timestamp. This timestamp will be different in each org. In order for deployment to succeed, the timestamp code in the metadata name must match the target org. Since all orgs are different, there isn't an automatic way to do this.

Please create a feature in gearset that will automatically replace the timestamp numeric code with that of the target org so that we can use gearset to deploy password and sessions policies.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow owners to setup delegated org access of members

Without already having delegated access granted there is no way to rollback a deployment from another user. There should be a permission to override this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Deploy first fields where <trackHistory> was changed from true to false.

Deploy first fields where <trackHistory> was changed from true to false.
    I am currently deploying fields changes and getting error that too many fields are tracked because fields with true ale deployed first.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Option to have SCA results for last commit or Period, Instead of SCA for complete file

Hi All,

We are looking for a SCA feature so that instead of showing all the errors and warning in the whole file while doing compare or deploy, It Should only show the SCA errors and warning for the last commit or for commits during an specific time interval.

For Example I have an existing Apex class which is having 1000 lines of code and say 100 errors are there as per GS SCA analysis. Now let’s assume I am working on that file for my current sprint and I am adding another 100 lines of code in that class.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Warn on Master/Detail deployment even without comparing Custom Fields

If you compare Custom Fields and try to deploy something in an Object that is in a Master/Detail relationship without including the Lookup field, Gearset will warn you that the deployment will fail.

However, if you don't include "Custom Fields" in the comparison, (for example just comparing Validations) and try to push it, you will hit an error:

"Cannot set sharingModel to ControlledByParent on a CustomObject without a MasterDetail relationship field"

Gearset could easily warn the user on this when trying to push a Validation Rule on a MasterDetail object, even if Custom Field was not added to the comparison.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include Apex classes imported into LWC

Ensure that Apex Classes imported in LWC javascript files are included in dependencies.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Deployment Notes Persist on Failure

When a deployment fails, deployment notes are sometimes wiped, and it is laborious to retype them - sometimes, I'll copy and paste to Notepad before deploying because I know I'm going to have to type them again. Notes should persist, or at least be configurable, from one comparison run through successful deployment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a note against individual components in a draft deployment

While comparing two Org's for differences and saving the 'Draft deployment':

1. Files that I'm sure and fine with the differences and happy - so tick them.

2. Files that are important to be deployed but I am yet to discuss those differences with some peers from team (dev / support). I would like to mark these (or / and) comment against these - with some useful notes (ex: impact or risk analysis related notes). Once these are discussed, I can then tick them - indicating I am happy to deploy these.

Once I mark the files as either 1 or 2…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When migrating ReportFolders, either remove running user or let me map users between Sandboxes/environments

When migrating ReportFolders, either remove running user or let me map users between Sandboxes/environments

The SharedTo User doesn't exist in the target org causing my deployment to fail.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add Dashboard owner to Problem Analysis to use user deploying instead in xml ref

Spring '24 Salesforce added ability to change Owner on a Dashboard https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=release-notes.rn_rd_dashboards_change_owner.htm&release=248&type=5

"Previously, you had to clone or re-create the dashboard to provide access to a new owner."

This can now cause deployment errors when the Owner is changing between environments if the Uesr does not exist, similar to runningUser user references. Problem Analysis accounts for the latter, but not the Owner. Could we add the Owner scenario to this analysis rule?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. apex classes dependencies

When deploying an apex class, check for dependencies. Currently it attempts to deploy even if there are missing fields and only reports missing fields one at a time. Very tedious to address.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add to Problem Analysis option to auto remove DelegatedAccount tab settings

Add to Problem Analysis option to auto remove DelegatedAccount tab settings since it's an invalid tab and can cause validation/deployment errors. This saves a step of having to change Custom Object filter to Named Items and manually exclude DelegatedAccount when moving new profiles.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Highlight "Failed Validation" Components

If the metadata Deployment Validation step fails, and the user clicks the "Back to Comparison" button, the components that caused the failure should be highlighted on the screen for manual review.

Currently, when a deployment fails on the validation step, my process is:
    - Wait until the Validation step is done
    - Sort by the Status to show Failures on top
    - Take a screenshot of the list of errors (hopefully less than a full screen of errors)
    - Click the "Back to Comparison" button
    - Use the screenshot like a checklist to work through the errors
    - Run Validation…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable data fixes when migrating Vlocity datapacks

When the data in the source and target environments are aligned, deploying Vlocity datapacks with Gearset can be quite straightforward.

However at times when they are not, deployments can fail catastrophically with the documented solution requiring the use of tools provided by Vlocity / Salesforce Industries in their Vlocity Build Tool : https://github.com/vlocityinc/vlocity_build. The alternative is to try manually resolving the issues, which can be an uphill struggle when you consider complexities around products, such as their hierarchy, availability and pricing.

For Gearset to truly be a one-stop tool for Salesforce Industries deployments, please enable data fix functionalities in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base