Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

72 results found

1. allow configuration of problem analysers for different target locations

If we could turn of problem analysers for specific locations (e.g. Git repos) this would allow us to remove irrelevant problem solutions from our git commits, but keep them for deployments

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. package missing -meta.xml endings

When I download a package from a CI Job, it doesn't include the require "-meta.xml" ending for my metadata types. I wrote the following script to add them back one folder at a time. It would make more sense if Gearset just gave me the correct filenames when I download the package though.

# Gearset gives us a downloadable package to trouble shoot, 
    # but it doesn't have the -meta.xml text appended to it.
    # Find all files with this ending and append -meta.xml to it.
    find ./  -type f -name '*.flow' | xargs -I '{}' mv '{}' '{}'-meta.xml

find
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Set Problem Analyzer to default with all rules disabled

Problem Analyzer rules are automatically enforced for CI Deployments which are misleading to end user as the default has ALL rules set to enabled. My recommendations is to have the default template have ALL rules set to disabled OR have clear communication in the CI Deployment feature to notify users that Problem Analyzer rules are enabled and may cause expected deployment behaviour/errors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to download problem analyzer template

Option to download the problem analyzer template so users have an option to add it to the custom github actions scripts to run CI validations for their own delta comparisons.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When Deploying A Page Layout, Consider Quick Actions to be Dependencies When Checking for Package Issues

Problem analysis doesn't catch if a page layout has a Quick Action that isn't present in the destination. This causes the package to error on send.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Don't include Wave dataflow deletes in package when Recipe is included

When deploying deletes of Wave recipes, if you include the Dataflow at the same time, Salesforce will fail validation with a DataFlow not found error. GearSet should be smart enough to build the package without the Dataflow if the corresponding Recipe is marked for delete.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to see complete history related to a ticket or common name

It would be incredibly useful to have the ability to see a complete history related to a ticket or common name. For example, if I'm working on a Jira ticket named "SALES-123," I would like to be able to see all of the comparisons, branches, deployments, and promotions related to that ticket.

This ability would significantly improve the efficiency and effectiveness of troubleshooting issues.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. edit problem analyser template

There should be an ability to edit the existing Problem Analyser Template. Else, one has to create the whole template again, re-do the changes on the template and then re-assign on all the existing Jobs which should use that template.
    It is definitely going to save a lot of time and be beneficial overall.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Validation job when PRs are raised

Requirement :
    Provide option to create a CI Validation Job only with "Validate pull requests targeting the source branch" and keep "Run Job" dropdown as optional .

As Of Now :
    When we raise a PR, it initiates feature branch validation ( cos, we enabled "Validate pull requests targeting the source branch" ), and after that when we merge feature-branch to target branch, it re-initiates another validation job.
    For us, it's like similar validation is running twice on different events from which we can't opt out.

Pros :

We can handle when to validate a feature branch, instead of bundling…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Warn if source version is greater than the version of the target org.

Often, salesforce will deploy the latest API version to sandbox orgs before production orgs. Therefore it's easy to use API version 55 in your sandbox and then get a failure message when you try to deploy it to your production org which is at version 54. Unfortunately, you have to start to validate your deploy before you get this message. This could be a pre-deployment issue that you can notified right away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide help link/button on each analyzer problem pane with specifiec discussion

Suggestion
    In "Problem Analysis" page, the problems indicated and solutions are not necessarily obvious and understandable.

The suggestion to read more about the analysers in the user guide is in the case I'm facing an enormous challenge.

Copy and paste the problem into your search mechanism brings back endless answers - not one used the wording in the problem statement!.

Here's an idea, have a button/link with each problem that take one to the user guide section (or other documentation) exploring the problem.

No hunting for answers as the 1st choice to figure out what your product is saying. It's…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Apply certain PA outputs back to the comparison as a "quick fix"

The main example where I have wished for this pretty strongly is the "missing permissions" PA. This is the one that warns "not all permissions are included in the deployment". It would be useful to be able to go from that PA to a view where one could either add all the missing permissions in one go, or do so selectively by profile or permission set. Right now one has to screen scrape the output, paste it into a text file, go back into the comparison and laboriously hunt through the comparison to find the missing nodes, then add them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide output from Gearset during the validation in terms of what tests were being run

I had unit testing jobs running ALL tests in source (full sandbox) and target (production) org - resulting in 80% and 79% test coverage. However, when I started to deploy my changes - the validation failed because test coverage was only 74%. Finally, after a few days, I figured it out.

I was just simply clicking "Validate" (i.e., did not choose specific tests). In the past - that ran "all tests". But something seems to have changed. When I picked "choose tests", about half the tests in my org were "automatically selected". I manually selected all other tests - effectively…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Move Failed Tests before Passed Tests when deployment Fails

Hi,

I would love to see the Failed tests to be listed above the Passed tests in case deployment fails.

Right now User has to always scroll down at the list (as you are usually not interested on what has Passed rather what Failed).

Also this shouold be super simple to implement :)

Thank you & keep up the good work,
    Cheers,
    O.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve error message when XML is not properly escaped

When I choose to compare metadata with my source as my VCS, there was an "&" char in the recordtype XML definition file.

<values>
            <fullName>Food & Beverage</fullName>
            <default>false</default>
        </values>

This threw an error and there was no support and no explanation at that time.

I suggest you to improve this error message.
    Message I got:

Could not parse the XML for 'force-app/main/default/objects/Lead/businessProcesses/Buyer.recordType-meta.xml'. Error occurred at line 71. Further details: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 71, position 29.

File, line and position it's ok. maybe a link to Gearset docs with walkthrough with this probable cause when a parsing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Don't Delete Managed Package's object permissions from Permission Sets in CI jobs

In a CI job, using source control as the source and including deleted items, you can run into an issue where objects from managed packages show as "deleted" in terms of custom object permissions from permission sets that have access to them. This can occur for permission sets designed to give access to managed package features or if you have a permission set with "View all data" or a system permission that gives them access to all objects in some capacity (read, write).

Ideally, we wouldn't have to include managed package object permissions into Source Control (likewise, Gearset suggests only…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Workflow failed to deploy without error, due to standard object dependency

In a CI job : Validation shown as success & Deployment shown as success. But actually no workflow deployed due to it being removed in the Problem Analyser.

The Problem Analyser triggered due to the (standard) object, that the workflow depends on, not being in the comparison results.

In a traditional deployments object is not needed to deploy WF, that too standard object. I feel it is a gap - problem analysers should never fire on object dependency.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Workflow failed to deploy without error, due to standard object dependency

CI job : Validation shown as success & Deployment shown as success.. but actually no WF deployed. Saying Opportunity object doesn't exist in target just because it was not selected in the components. in a traditional deployments object is not needed to deploy WF, that too standard object. I feel it is a gap.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base