Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

90 results found

1. Stamp a validated package with the username of the person who clicked 'Validate'

Currently, a validated package is created by the owner of the draft deployment package, even if someone else was the one to actually press the 'Validate' button. I would like to have the username of the person who actually pressed validation to be noted somewhere in the validated package for auditing purposes.

This would help us be compliant with processes where we need a record of separation of responsibilites bewteen users.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Org Management/Oversight Dashboard

I would really benefit from a dashboard option. A single place where I could see my CI Job history, Unit Testing Jobs and Monitoring/Backup history for all/a subset of my orgs.

I am using Gearset more and more to manage the state of my org's metadata, so it would be nice to be able to see it all in one place.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Modify the email address for manual deployment notifications

Being able to modify the default email address for deployment notifications, as for automated jobs, would help keep the others in my team notified of any manual deployments we run.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Include Pull Request title in the notification

Hello GS team,

Currently, the notifications from the pull request validations only include the PR number, I would like to request if it's possible to include the PR title.

Current Sample: [Gearset] CI validation job Validation job for PR #11111 failed

With the title in the subject of the notification, we can FW the results to the right teams automatically.

Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create ListViews in the Continuous Integration Dashboard

Create ListViews in the Continuous Integration Dashboard page and being able to grant access to specific users or groups of users.

The idea is to avoid displaying specific jobs to a particular group of users for better organization and reduce the loading time when many CI jobs are configured.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow all admin users to run the 'Take Snapshot' functionality on Monitor jobs not owned by them

I would like all of my 'Admin' users (or specify which users in my org) can have access to run monitoring jobs I've set up.

The scenario is that we're a small team, so I want to set up all of our monitoring jobs, but if an issue occurs while I'm OOO any of my other team members could run the 'Take Snapshot' function to determine which changes occurred since the last monitor job ran and roll the changes back.

Currently users can edit/delete monitor jobs of other users and if provided 'Deployment' access can roll the changes back, but…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have an ability to modify message which is posted to Slack channel.

It would be nice to have the ability to modify this notification message somehow.
    E.g. include a number of PR which was merged into the main branch. Or remove extra information such number of deployed components.

now it looks too big
    Gearset Continuous Integration
    A continuous integration run succeeded for ***** CI/CD. The job was a deployment.
    Changed objects
    New objects
    Deleted objects
    Source commit
    1c***f2b

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. To give the option to export , Class wise test coverage report in some Excel format

To give the option to export , Class wise test coverage report in some Excel format

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. include the Name/ID of the Deployment from Salesforce into the Deployment Report generated by Gearset

Include the name/id in the deployment detail page within Salesforce in the Gearset deployment report so we can trace and match those details to a deployment run in Gearset.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Compare org monitoring from an arbitrary date to the current state of the org

In Monitor ORG's tab, we have a daily set of cached metadata that can be used to troubleshoot issues in an ORG. This is great that we have this data. What would be even better (if there is not a way to do it currently), is if we could take the metadata cache from the monitoring job, "x" days ago, and compare it to the current state of an ORG.

Maybe an ideal way to achieve this would be to select a cached version in the Compare Organizations screen. Alternatively, a button can be added in the Monitoring Job history…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Delta comparison between two unit test reports

Hi team. Would be good to have a feature that allows us the comparison between two unit test results. We are interested to export the delta errors from one day to another.

Use case: We are executing deployments for more than 50 pull requests against the same target sandbox, hence regression errors might be introduced throughout the day. We are running nightly unit test jobs and usually, in the morning, we have extra tests which are failing comparing with the previous day.

We are currently exporting the gearset errors from 2 reports, in Excel tables, and compare these ones to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Export Deployment History Additional Information

It would be great if the Deployment History was able to provide details from Source Control. Specifically, list of people who approved tickets, branch names, commit IDs, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Flexible Org Monitoring Notification Scheduling

I'd love to schedule a weekly or bi-monthly digest email rather than receiving emails for each run or each change. There are developers who need to know when changes are made, but they do not need to monitor changes frequently. In those scenarios, it would be nice to schedule out a weekly review of all changes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Time Column to the CI Deployment page

Due to recent latency issues regarding SF performance issues, I would like to quickly see how long each CI job takes without having to download an individual report for each job. This can either be solved by either:

1. Adding a field to the CI Deployment page so that I can compare each CI job

2. Allow me to extract a complete report of all of the CI jobs and open it in excel with the time column so that I can compare the values. I can currently do this from the Deployment history page, however this does not include the CI…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. change monitoring for scratch orgs

The Change Monitoring feature only supports normal orgs (sandbox, developer, prod). It does not support scratch orgs

For use cases where developers inadvertently let their scratch org expire with pending, uncommitted work, it would be nice to recover the work before and after the scratch org expires

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add tool to send emails after deploying to specific targets

A project manager on my team expressed desire to receive reports when someone deploys to our production org. I would appreciate a tool that sends these emails only upon successful deployment to that specific org so that recipient's inbox is not flooded with every successful and failed deployment to every org.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Send email alert when monitoring job fails

It would be helpful if Gearset would notify the user when connection problems cause a monitoring job to fail.

For example, if the error "Error while getting access token due to expired access" occurs, Gearset could send an email to the author of the monitoring job informing them of the problem.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a filter in monitoring job to exclude changes done by Gearset

To help identify changes done manually to the org it would be nice to have a filter which excludes all the changes done by Gearset deployment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Salesforce ID to Export History button

Can you add the Salesforce ID to the Export History button for reconciliation purpose.
    We currently have to manually match the Salesforce ID in Gearset with the Salesforce ID on the Salesforce Deployment Status page to get the reference between the source ticket in Jira and the deployed change for compliance purpose which is a time consuming process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add capability to export components as part of the full deployment history export

It would be good if we were able to export the individual components that were part of a deployment when we export, say, the full deployment history from the past 6 months, or all time.
    This would help with IT audits.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base