Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

90 results found

1. Notify Slack when deployment is successful

I would like to inform Slack on when a manual deployment is successful or failed. It will tell me what the source environment and what was the destination environment. It will also tell me if what the success/fail ratio of the tests that were run.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Auto-generate deployment note and git commit message

When Gearset makes a commit, it defaults to a blank deployment note and blank git commit message. Although I can edit this , it would be awesome if you can merge in details from the deploy to the commit (like components changed, what salesforce user made the change etc)

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to search Deployment History for specific metadata

On the "Deployment History" tab, the filter dialog filters on the visible friendly name and items like that. What I would like to do is enter a specific metadata name and have the list filter down to deployments where that specific metadata name was a part of the deployment. This would be useful when getting the question, "when was xyz last deployed?"

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If we implemented this and it was only able to search metadata from that point in time onwards, would that be useful or would it be confusing to communicate in the UI?

4. For CI Jobs initiated by Github, dynamically send CI failure / success email to the user who committed to the repo.

Currently, we can only specify a list of users to email, a Slack channel to update, or a Chatter group to post to when a CI job is successful or fails. If there are multiple notifications to a number of people, it's likely they will filter out these messages, so being able to notify the person who the CI Job is most relevant to would be a good improvement.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hide re-ordering in a Monitoring job

We have a monitoring job set up to check production changes. However, re-ordering in some components are popping up as false positive. For example, Entitlement Process and Site.com. Everyday I get an email saying # of changes have been made on production. I'd like to not see these false positives in the # so that I do not need to go to each comparison every day just to realize that it's a re-ordering issue.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Monitoring Jobs on Source Code Repositories

Currently, Enterprise users can create monitoring jobs on sandboxes, so that they may be notified when a sandbox's metadata changes. It'd be great to be able to perform the same monitoring action against source code repositories (GitHub!).

An example use case would be detecting when undesired metadata types enter into the repository. This is important because CI jobs will fail on certain metadata types, so we want to ensure that they never make it into source to begin with. Additionally, our business has decided that some metadata types should never be captured into source.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow searching Monitoring of a system by a specific record of metadata to see all the dates that the record changed

If I need to find when a specific thing was changed in our system, my only option is either to use the last edited date or to manually check every daily comparison from Monitoring to see if it changed. Since many metadata types do not reliably update the last edited date, it makes it much harder to find those changes. If I could choose a specific metadata record and use that to search the Monitoring to see when it changed, it would be much easier to find it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Email notification selection: none, success, failed deployemnts

In account settings allow me to choose what kind of notifications I want to receive to my email.
    [ ] Send me success deployments notifications
    [ ] Send me failed deployments notification

No selection means do not send any notifications.

Why? With many deployments my email is bombarded with notifications. Last two weeks 65 emails which I do not read as I see status on screen. Therefore I want to turn off those notifications.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Send a link to the report in the notification

It'd be nice to have a link to the report included in the notification for any scheduled monitoring, test run or deployment/validation.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion.

When you run a deployment, the deployment success email contains the PDF of the deployment report, as well as a link to your deployment history to view the full information.

For the test/change monitoring emails, what sort of report would you like to see? Would you like to see the full information on tests run or just a summary of key stats?

We don’t currently provide the ability to export PDF reports for our change and test monitoring jobs in the same way as our deployments, but it’s something we’ve been thinking about putting in.

Thanks,
    Jason.

10. Gearset Service Status Page

It would be very useful to see a status page for Gearset services. Similar to other service platforms like Github (https://www.githubstatus.com/) or Salesforce trust (trust.salesforce.com)

This would be great to help determine if there are issues with deployments, or if Gearset has any sort of performance degradation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Include code coverage in deployment report

Hi,
    I want to use the deployment report to monitor your progress towards improving the quality of our code.
    So I need code coverage to be included in this report.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Archive or hide Automation jobs

On each of the Automation dashboard views (Monitoring, Unit testing, Continuous integration) it would be nice to have a way to archive or hide job. Often times previously setup jobs that are not active but would be good to keep for historical reference can clutter the dashboard.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to report on runtime in Gearset Reporting API and what metadata filters were used

As part of showing the amount of time saved by using Gearset (and DevOps best practices), as well as the overall current utilization of Gearset across multiple teams and Gearset instances, being able to report on the Comparison, Validation, and Deployment runtime would be extremely beneficial. Also reporting on which metadata filter was used, if named and saved/accessible, in a comparison, validation, and deployment.

This data could also be used to identify inefficiencies in the standard metadata filters used across our Gearset instances, and potentially identify clients not deploying smaller and iteratively in order to prove with data how that…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to audit what users have done in Gearset

Hi, I suggest there should be a feature which monitors what the users within your orgs have done in Gearset. As we can currently are able to view both comparison and deployment history, however this does not give an audit trail of who has changed what and where.
    For Example, the ability to review changes that a user has made to gearset comparison filters.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. test class not captured in deployment history

It would be nice to capture whatever test classes ran for code coverage deployment of classes/triggers in the deployment summary in the Test Results section. You already have a section for this test results so why not add the class names used in the report. We have come across many classes deployed without their appropriate test classes and it is hard tracking/documenting which test classes were used to deploy these as there are no documentations in the class.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Trust Site

Right now, Gearset is down and we cannot use it. It would be good to have a trust.gearset.com site that shows what is going on and what the team does to fix the issue...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Friendly name should be surfaced on the deployment summary page.

The Friendly Name should be surfaced on the deployment summary page, either as a row in the "Summary" section or in its own section, similar to Deployment Notes.

We often track deployments by saving links to the deployment summary. But there is not an easy way to grab the friendly name if we want to search the deployment report; for example to combine packages.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add additional controls to Monitor

Hello Gearset,
    We are exploring using the "Monitoring" functionality to audit our Salesforce production metadata changes for our IT Controls. It looked promising until we found out that anyone on the team can edit any monitor job setting, which creates a loophole in the controls that we can't monitor the monitor.
    So I'm curious to learn from Gearset whether any of the following can be done/requested:
    * Can we limit the Monitor jobs to only be editable by the person who created it?
    * Can we show either an audit history or LastModifedBy/LastModifiedTime of the Monitor job?
    * If the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide more detail in Monitoring notifications

Right now, the Monitoring job notifications (Slack especially) provide very little detail as to what actually changed.

Ideally, I'd be able to see right in the message (or in a threaded reply), the first X number of metadata changes made. If there are more than that, then providing a direct link to the detail page in Gearset would be great.

As of now, it simply just says "there were changes", with no detail or way to easily see the changes in Gearset...which is not terribly useful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Attach pdf items details in the email notif "Your organization has changed"

When you receive a notification concerning a change into an organization you need to know quickly which items are changed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base