Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

90 results found

1. Add capability to export components as part of the full deployment history export

It would be good if we were able to export the individual components that were part of a deployment when we export, say, the full deployment history from the past 6 months, or all time.
    This would help with IT audits.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Launch into our Connected Organizations from various screens in Gearset tooling.

Since we have orgs setup in the Monitoring Dashboard or simply in the list of Organizations under My Connections can we get a button that can open that org in a different browser tab ... it would be a super usefuil feature for those of us monitoring many many orgs. its like SFDX ORG : OPEN -u alias name .,..... but having that ability in the GS Tools in relevant areas ... (Monitoring, or My Connections come to mind first.) We have a mixture of DEV, Production and other scratch orgs both internal and External Clients ..... its not always…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Lessen Permissions Needed To Run Monitor

When running Monitor, a user needs to have "Modify All Data" or "Modify Metadata Through Metadata API" permissions, and "Author Apex" is further needed if we want to monitor Apex classes. I understand why an user would need these when comparing for a deployment, but for a more "read-only" use case like running Monitor, is it possible to lessen the permissions needed?

Context: we're looking into using Gearset for auditing purposes, and the Monitor feature looks to fit our needs; that said, if in order to monitor production changes requires the user to have full deployment permissions (and author apex),…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sort Deployment Details by New, Changed, Deleted

Currently, it seems that the list of Deployment Details provided in Successful Deployment reports is sorted alphabetically by metadata type.

It would be easier to understand the impact of the deployment if the list was sorted first by category (Changed, New, Deleted, No Difference) and then secondly by metadata type within each category.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow searching Monitoring of a system by a specific record of metadata to see all the dates that the record changed

If I need to find when a specific thing was changed in our system, my only option is either to use the last edited date or to manually check every daily comparison from Monitoring to see if it changed. Since many metadata types do not reliably update the last edited date, it makes it much harder to find those changes. If I could choose a specific metadata record and use that to search the Monitoring to see when it changed, it would be much easier to find it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Send different deployment notifications based on the target org type

Successful deployment notification is for all sandboxes. It would be nice if we can have a separate notification for production and sandboxes as certain people only care what goes to production. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Detailed monitor reports to inbox

Opening the Monitor reports in Gearset is very time consuming. I would like a daily report to arrive in my inbox with the Changed, New or Deleted object names, Data Changed and Who.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow custom endpoints for webhooks from Unit Testing and Monitoring Jobs

You can post to Slack, Teams, and Chatter when an org monitoring job runs. But, as a consultancy, we'd like to post to our own SF org in a more general way. We have records for each of our customers, and it would be good to be able to report on summary data about the Gearset's monitoring for those customers.

If there were a configurable endpoint we could target that at a custom REST endpoint on our Salesforce and then join things up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Link Static Analysis results to the code

Could we link the file names in the static analysis results to the actual code from the comparison/monitoring job?

i.e. Where the results have a list of issues per Apex class, I'd like the class name to be a link to the code for that class

Having a quick peek at the code from within Gearset can help me to diagnose whether it's a genuine problem, or something where the static analysis rules need tweaking.

If it's just the rules that need tweaking, it would be nice to be able to complete that job entirely within Gearset.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a Description field in the General Settings for Automation like Continuous Integration.

We LOVE Gearset. I just took over when an employee on my team moved to a different team. I was looking over the existing Monitoring jobs and had to ask why some of them were setup. They were similar with the exception of when they run, for example. It would be helpful to have a Description field in the General settings section so when someone creates these jobs, they can give a brief description of their intent and purpose. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Export Object level and OWD (sharing settings) in permissions reports (in addition to the field-level)

Currently, the permission reporting feature only provides field-level permissions export to CSV for all Profiles and Permission Sets. This is a very small part of the overall security and sharing permissions model. Here are a couple of items that I recommend adding to the permission reporting as a starting point:

1. Object-level permissions (read/create/edit/delete/view all/modify all) for Profiles and Permission Sets
    2. Sharing Settings (organization wide defaults) for all objects

In the future, it would be nice to have additional permissions from Profiles and Permission Sets available to export such as:
    1. App assignments
    2. Tab visibility
    3. Apex classes
    4. Visualforce…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Yearly report of all previously migrated items.

It would be great to get an end of year report or report of how many migrations were completed and a high-level list of components.

Example:
    Custom metadata, lightning components, page layouts, fields, apex, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Distinguish between process builder and flow

If you do deployments of flows and processes from process builder, both of them are handeled as a flow. If you need to activate the flow or process manually in a production org, you need to guess if it was a flow that you have deployed or a process.
    Please within the deployment report (and the comparism), distinguish between flows and processes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide more detail in Monitoring notifications

Right now, the Monitoring job notifications (Slack especially) provide very little detail as to what actually changed.

Ideally, I'd be able to see right in the message (or in a threaded reply), the first X number of metadata changes made. If there are more than that, then providing a direct link to the detail page in Gearset would be great.

As of now, it simply just says "there were changes", with no detail or way to easily see the changes in Gearset...which is not terribly useful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. More custom monitoring delays

It would be brilliant to be able to choose the days of a week your monitor script runs on so I don't have to deploy changes every single morning and could instead do once a week

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Filter deployment and comparison reporting by user in the account page

Right now Gearset is showing Total Deployment Team wise . My suggestion is to Publish User Wise Count of Deployments with all Successful , Failed Deployments .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Download metadata from monitoring job in SFDX format

Please add the opportunity to download the metadata from the monitoring and backup job in SFDX format.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Export test run history

Exporting the Test run history to Excel/CSV will allow keeping trends.

The ultimate goal is to include this in a dashboards. If an embedable web page could be generated with solely the trends, that would be perfect.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Attach pdf items details in the email notif "Your organization has changed"

When you receive a notification concerning a change into an organization you need to know quickly which items are changed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Email notification selection: none, success, failed deployemnts

In account settings allow me to choose what kind of notifications I want to receive to my email.
    [ ] Send me success deployments notifications
    [ ] Send me failed deployments notification

No selection means do not send any notifications.

Why? With many deployments my email is bombarded with notifications. Last two weeks 65 emails which I do not read as I see status on screen. Therefore I want to turn off those notifications.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base