Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

216 results found

1. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow for selecting/unselecting Filter by Package.xml

When doing a clone or a refresh comparison today the ability does not exist to add or remove the option of whether you are filtering by package.xml. I would like to see this added.

For us what might occur at times is that we have a release occur where this is accidentally selected and we find that a number of items are missing and due to this being selected. We have no way to remove the selection and have ended up starting over. One of a number of scenarios where it would be nice to have the option to do…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Warn the user of unsaved changes to an org compare filter

It would be nice if we got a warning if we have selected specific components in a filter but havent saved the filter when we hit OK. I've lost a lot of work on a custom filter because I forgot to hit 'Save' - I would have thought it would auto-save when you hit OK.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Namespace Mapping for Managed Packages

We are an ISV partner with a managed package we sell to lots of customers. That means our package is namespaced. However with a distributed development team and multiple dev orgs, all source code is not namespaced, and is maintained in source control (github) without namespaces. Only upon unit test and promotion to the package org, does the namespace get added. This results in two basic problems (and others). 1) comparisons between unit test and package result in almost everything being flagged as "changed" due to the namespace, and 2) all aura components are always flagged as "new" when they…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Import list of metadata items into org comparison.

When running a comparison, a user should be able to import a list of metadata items based on an agreed format (likely API names). This list would allow the user to save effort from copy pasting api names if they track their changes in an external system. For example, we track changes in our release system within our Salesforce production org. Our manifest items are tracked such as "customobjectc.customfield__c" and have statuses such as new/updated/deleted so we have a historical references of our changes. Being able to import these changes while still having the ability to select…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. push new profile FLS entries into the profile file in alphabetical order

When picking up new FLS entries, by default these are added at the bottom of the list of FLS.

This causes issues when also having save jobs picking up changes, as this can result in duplicate FLS being added to a branch.

Please update code structuring, so new FLS is added in the correct place in the MD files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it easier to select all custom field translations for deployment

Right now if you want to select translations for certain custom fields, it is necessary to expand the sub-components for each field and select the translation. The second option is to go to the custom object and expand the sub-components in order to check translations which will include all the custom field translations for this object.
    It would be helpful to get a way to select the translations for specific custom fields in the deployment.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Don't allow duplicate fields in comparison.

If I have a field with name example category. Somehow the same field has been added to the object xml file it needs to throw an error at the time of comparison.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create a way to apply a regex to all currently selected metadata types when building a filter

The regex support you currently have doesn't really allow for complex (multi-match) regex matching, which is probably ok. (this would be something like grep -e 'this' -e 'that')

If I select, say 116 of the 124 metadata types identified, and then have to apply a regex pattern to each one, it gets pretty tedious. Click-paste-apply 116 times, and then 116 again for the other half of the complex match. I'd write a tool to automate configuring a filter in gearset. :)

If I "select all" then deselect the 8 types i don't want, and THEN apply a regex to all…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create a way to apply a regex to all currently selected metadata types when building a filter

The regex support you currently have doesn't really allow for complex (multi-match) regex matching, which is probably ok

If I select, say 116 of the 124 metadata types identified, and then have to apply a regex pattern to each one, it gets pretty tedious. Click-paste-apply 116 times, and then 116 again for the other half of the complex match. I'd write a tool to automate configuring a filter in gearset. :)

If I "select all" then deselect the 8 types i don't want, and THEN apply a regex to all types, that would be pretty great.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow filtering by Deployment Stage/Metadata Subset during comparison

This Gearset article describes some very logical phases for performing a large deployment:
    https://docs.gearset.com/metadata-deployment-guides/splitting-a-complex-deployment-into-stages

It would be nice if there were built-in comparisons to show each subset of metadata.

For example if you were on phase 1 of the deployment you could filter your comparison to just "Data Tier" and Gearset would pre-filter the relevant metadata.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Only display active branches when displaying branches from a bit bucket cloud repository

Only display active branches when displaying branches from a bit bucket cloud repository

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support package.xml filtering when using Git comparison with a SFDX folder structure

When using a git repo with a SFDX folder structure + package/xml (in the /manifest folder) gearset dos not take into account elements in the package.xml when checking the option (filter with package.xml)

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Compare metadata by "Changed Date" for both "Source" and "Target"

In "Compare and Deploy", is there a way to add a column for "Changed Date" for the Source item, in addition to the Target item?

I want to select all the items which were more recently changed in the Source than in the Target. In my current large org compare-and-deploy, I see many items which are different but the one in the Target was more recently changed, so I don't want to overwrite that item in the Target.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Export of the Comparison Results

My Suggestion: For our Customer i need to create a Documentation with all the Metadata Information from the Comparison. Even for Things which are not different.
    A CSV Table would be great and a HTML Documentation would be awsome :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When viewing comparisons, allow the "Export All..." to utilize existing filters

When viewing a comparison... I have various filters set to exclude certain differences like "Reports, "Permission Sets". It would be nice if you provided an option on the "Export All..." page to either export everything (disregard filters) like it does now, or to respect any filters that currently exist on the comparison so that I only see the values shown on the page based on my filters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow deployments across managed package versions

Gearset does not allow comparisons or deployments of custom metadata on managed packages if the versions are different. We got ourselves in a situation where a package in the sandbox was a higher beta version that we couldn't upgrade to. This required us to do all the field deployments via changsets.

Adding a warning for deployments across managed package versions would be ideal as most changes one would deploy wouldn't necessarily cause any issues.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Downloading of git diff for Comparison

It can be difficult to evaluate the scope of changes by clicking in the Comparison view on one metadata element at a time to see the differences. We would much prefer to be able to download a git diff and examine the delta as a cohesive changeset.

The user should be able to download the contents of the currently selected tab (All Changes, New Changes, or Selected Changes) in the format of a git unified diff. The user can then use the software of their choice to view the diff.

This will also enable more advanced workflows, as git diffs…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Suggest related metadata for selected types in filter

Gearset provides some very useful documentation on the importance of including groups of related metadata in a filter.

https://docs.gearset.com/metadata-deployment-guides/using-gearset-to-deploy-profiles

It would be very helpful if the Manage Filters dialog implemented these suggestions. For example, when a Profile is included in the filter, the user should be prompted to also select Profile Password Policy, Profile Session Setting, External Data Source, Apex pages, Layouts, and Custom Objects. Otherwise, the likelihood of Gearset assembling an accurate Profile without all of the related components will be slim.

Gearset obviously has deep knowledge of metadata semantics and dependencies. The Manage Filter page needs to reflect…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base