Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

214 results found

1. Selection Count Mismatch

The Selection count on ‘Compare and Deploy’ page doesn’t match with ‘Items Selected’ on ‘Draft Deployment’ when a draft deployment is opened. Having this in sync will help user that all selections are going in the deployment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Be able to exclude single items from comparison

E.g. If I generally want to include all Custom fields for all Objects in the comparison, but there’s one specific field that I don’t ever want to send across to the target org, it’ll keep popping up and I’ll have to uncheck it each time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Track Items Added to Draft Packages

It would be nice to be able to see which items within a comparison are part of Draft Packages. We have a need to build multiple packages from a single Comparison of Instances. This can be done by creating many Drafts, but it is sometimes difficult to know if items have been added to a draft package already. If we could visually see this, it would allow us to generate and confirm our packages much faster.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add option to suppress managed custom fields in comparison results

When comparing Custom Objects that contain the managed custom fields there is no way to suppress the managed custom fields. The fields would show up in the comparison results even without being requested. The problem analyzers then highlights and remove these managed custom fields.

This is cumbersome when repeated and makes finding genuine differences we care about more difficult.

From the problem analyzers, it sounds like Gearset is able to identify the managed custom fields. Therefore could there be an option under [Include managed package] in the Custom Filters that allows the suppression of known managed fields in comparison results?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. give the ability to ignore certain changes between Sandbox and Production enviornments

After deploying from a Sandbox to a Production environment, you will always see a 'change' for Custom Objects and Custom Fields because there is no Encryption Scheme (for example)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show the Label as a column in the comparison screen

At present the comparison screen, Name column, only shows the information from the API name, but not the Label (as seen in Setup > Object Manager > Label column).

When the Label is wildly different from the API name, is would be super useful to have the Label displayed as a column, instead of having to find it in the XML viewer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow the ability to "uncheck" No DIfference items on the Selected Items tab

When cloning previous deployments, there are may cases where items may have been previously deployed, so the now would show as "No Difference". Currently these items can not be unselected for the deployment. It would be useful to be able to remove these from a current deployment to keep the deployment clean.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Better pre-selection of repos & branches

My reasoning for the need:
    Every day when comparing, I have to choose one github repo out of 343 (46 of mine + 297 from an org I'm a part of). Yes I know I can type some characters and it will search the list of repos, but it's still unpractical. It sometimes looks like it remembers the choice, but I think it doesn't quite work after logout and I have to select the repo from the long list too often.

The bare minimum that would bring me pleasure:
    The last used repo I used for any comparison would always…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow XML package for org snapshot/daily monitoring

Allow XML package for org snapshot/daily monitoring. This is to take the previous day's design to be downloaded in xml format that we can open in eclipse IDE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Filter on selected items

I want to quickly be able to identify components that have not been reviewed by only seeing unselected items in the "Changed items", "New items" and "Deleted items" top level filters.

seeing the ones I have already selected slows down productivity and I have to scroll through them. If I want to see them I can always look at the "All items" section. This information is also available in the difference type column.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show rows that have no set "Changed On" date when applying a date filter.

Currently the moment you deselect a single specific date, all blank dates are also filtered out.

I would expect only the items with the given date be removed from the list.

This has become apparent now that the sort order of dates in the pulldown bug has been fixed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. FLS selection for Source control

while deploying a field to source control. we just want to move profile FLS of that only field. FLS was not displayed on the components drop down of profile. we are only able select profile so that whole object's FLS are getting deployed to the Source Control.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. show which deployment each metadata was a part of when doing a bulk clone.

When doing a bulk clone, each metadata should show what previous deployment it was a part of as to allow us to verify that the bulk clone worked. Another use case is that it would allow us to find a deployment we know has changed and be able to remove or change the metadata quickly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need a Lock to the Custom comparison filters

We need a lock to the custom comparison filters so that the team will be on the same page and only the deployment manager can be responsible for all the deployments

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow adding "No Difference" items to package. To help with package reuse to multiple orgs

Allow assets with "no difference" to be added to a promotion to allow the same package to be used to both promote as well as sync other sandboxes (without having to manually check if asset was changed in each).

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Default to Object View

Option to default to Object View vs XML for metadata types that have it available

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Search for components within Profile should show results regardless of expansion of specific profiles

Use case on Difference Viewer:

search on `profilerecordtypevisibility' (or use metadata filter and check Profile: Record Type Visibility)

Results
    Unless the difference viewer already has the Profile(s) expanded for their components, you get no results

Desired behavior -- Search on components within Profile should show results; even if search takes longer

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Difference Viewer custom object name: include suffix __c, __x, __mdt, __e, etc

When you look in the Difference Viewer, it is not clear at all by inspection which line of Metadata Type "Custom Object" is a standard object, custom object, platform event, custom metadata type, historcial trending object, etc.

For example, Custom object Foo__c displays simply in the Name column as Foo. This is a loss of information in the difference viewer, especially if one has similarly-named custom object metadata types such as:

Fooc
    Foos
    e
    FooConfig__mdt

these display as
    Foo
    Foos
    FooConfig

The full Sobject Name gives the user hints as to perhaps other related components that need to be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Cache deployment inspection results

It would be great if deployment inspection results were cached, such that the results for an identical set of metadata are available without spending the time to recheck everything.

Use case: A comparison is performed and all changes selected. Deployment inspection is performed and recommendations are made for items to add/exclude. I select a subset of recommendations, and move forward with validation. The validation fails. The same comparison is reopened and again all metadata is selected (with the intention of selecting more of the add/export recommendations resulting from the inspection). At this point, the inspection is rerun, even though the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add an option to use a custom "Gearset format" for the source control output

The XML that comes from Salesforce is weirdly bundled together. When changes are made it's really hard to reconcile two branches in source control when merging.

When comparing, Gearset nicely decomposes changes into smaller chunks. So instead of putting that back into the usual XML, an option to store that "internal format" and even just stick it as JSON or similar.

After all - it'll be Gearset reading it back in to compare to an org next time, and smaller changes will be easier to merge as they won't conflict inside horrendously large XML files

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base