Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

42 results found

1. "Next" button on comparison page sometimes does not work

Sometimes, the "Next" button on the comparison page does not work. In the Developer Console I can see a 403 response from "POST https://app.gearset.com/api/static-code-analysis", traced to "raygun.js:2016".

In this case, I have to reload the comparison page.

This happens quite often (I estimate 1 in 5 times).

I don't think that it's a timeout issue (CSRF token or sth.), because just right now I only marked one file in the comparison list and wanted to proceed, and the button didn't work.

On other occasions, I spend a lot more minutes on the comparison page, and the button works perfectly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When Field is Deleted Permission Set changes are not recognized for the Field

Let's say we have only one object in the system. Addressc. And we have one Permission Set -> "System Administrator" with only "FieldPermissions" for all fields in the "Addressc" object.

Now I wish to Remove 2 Fields from "FieldPermissions" of the "System Administrator" Permission Set.

1st Field I'm removing just because I do not want the permission to be in the Permission set
    2d Field I'm Removing from Permission Set, as I have physically deleted the Field.

On Compare And Deploy Page I will See Deleted Field and I will see only one Section to be removed from…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add new connection ends in loop

When I add a new connection via choosing "Salesforce authentication", I need to enter the username. I click on "Authorize". Instead of a redirect to the Salesforce login screen, I see a blank page with a gearset spinner logo. But this screen takes hours and will not redirect. I'm using Firefox and the Org is a sandbox (sandbox is also selected)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Stop the reordering of XML when deploying to git

At commit to branch, Gearset reorders large chunks of the XML file. This causes additional deltas (seen in the hundreds of lines) and merge conflicts.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Changed by and Changed Date not populating from DX structure in Repository

Using the DX/source structure in a repository (Github), no "item changed" date is shown for any metadata types in the comparison window.

This leads to gearset not being able to provide last changed date or who last changed anything in a Source DX repository. It's left with "unknown" and makes our comparisons and selections more difficult when users rely on that information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Permission sets not deploying correctly

When deploying a permission set, it was being deployed without the permissions checked, even though Gearset detects that the permission is checked in the metadata compare.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Summary pages should always include ALL changed files

I believe this to be a bug, but it might be intentional. In any case, the current functionality is, in my opinion, poorly conceived.

If a user adds a deletion to a comparison between an org and git, the deleted metadata is the only item that will show up in Gearset. However, if you inspect the resulting commit in git, you will see that the metadata was deleted along with all of the profiles, layouts, etc that had to be changed as a side effect.

I'm completely fine with Gearset detecting these dependencies and making the changes to them. It…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. custom object translation of the Product2 object

The custom object translation of the Product2 object, specifically, is not behaving like the other custom object translations. So when I changed the label of this standard Object : Product2 (Set-up -> rename tabs and labels)
    i can't find it in Gearset. I have to make this change manuelly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Suppress "changed on" datetimes in difference viewer where datetime is the same as the metadata retrieval datetime

The difference viewer will show Changed on values for the current datetime for certain metadata types - probably because SFDC is returning such a value when, in fact, the source didn't change at all

• Custom object
    • Settings
    • Standard valueset
    • Workflow rules

displaying the current datetime of the compare run (i.e. the metadata retrieve datetime) is not helpful when trying to filter on changed date in the difference viewer (i.e. sort descending)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When pushing Workflow rules and associated actions, gearset mistakenly says target objects do not exist

When pushing work flow rules and associated actions, if you do a compare with only workflow, then gearset prompts an error indicating that the target objects do not exist in the destination and that the rules should be removed from the package for the deployment to be successful. In this case, it told me Account, Event and Opportunity do not exist in the target. Including other metadata from the referenced fields resolves the issue.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Optimize comparison list view

The comparison view contains a list view in a scrollable area with an line item for every metadata item in the comparison. Depending on the comparison, this list can be exorbitantly long (10k+ lines). Displaying this many elements on screen is extremely inefficient, and causes browsers to lock up when selecting the "check all" check box (because it results in thousands of incremental manipulations in the DOM). This issue also causes mobile browsers to crash when more than a thousand or so items show in the comparison results.

There is a common pattern for handling long lists like this, in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Issue with Namespace while deploying from Org A to Org B

the namespace if referred in code, we try to deploy to target Org, the target Org will not have the same namespace name, or will be a different namespace, it gives errors, can something be done to fix this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Include a field's permission if the field is flagged as a missing dependent component

If a field is identified as missing from the deployment and the user agrees to include it, the corresponding field's permission should also be added.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Deployment of pre-valided package doesn't include accurate test counts

We did a deployment last week and noticed that as part of the deployment report that went out that it stated the Tests Run was zero. We did a pre-validation the day before where we ran all tests with all passing.

Could this test section on the deployment report again include/include the pre-validation tests that were run for the deployment?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. "Changed on" date on source control side of comparison does not show

We have no way of knowing when the files were last changed on the source control side. Tried only with BitBucket though.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Deployment count in the blue banner wrong for old deployments

When viewing old/past deployment details, that old deployment shows me the big blue banner saying that ---this--- was our {insert total number of deployments ever}th deployment no matter which old deployment I'm viewing.

This confused me a bit because I wanted to view our say 5th deployment ever so expected the number to say this was our 5th deployment, and I ended up closing the details browser tab twice thinking I pressed the wrong button to view the latest deployment. Yeah I could have looked at the tiny timestamp somewhere on that details view, but this large blue banner/counter just…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make "Clone package" openable in a new tab

In Deployment history, there are two buttons I use the "view details" which I can open in a new tab without leaving the list of deployments, and the "clone package" which I can't open in a new tab. I can workaround it easily (duplicate tabs, or first view details then clone from there), but it was disappointing that I have to.

I needed to re-deploy say 10 deployments into a different sandbox and so the clone package feature was amazingly useful, but this little nag prevented me from entering the blissful nirvana of wielding the perfect tool for the job…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. View email templates that are part of a managed package folder in comparison

Hey guys,

I am not sure if this is an actual issue or not but I will ask the question to see if I am missing something :)

When comparing email templates, the compare will return both email templates and folders. I have noticed that in my case, email templates that are part of a managed folder do not return. We can see the folder and sync the folder settings, but no templates. If we move the templates to a non-managed folder we can see the templates. Has anybody encountered anything similar?

Thanks!

Richard

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Page Layout Deletion Not Detected

When I remove a page layout from my Git repository (the file and the package.xml entry) and then do a comparison to an org that it still exists in, Gearset fails to detect a deletion. It doesn't even show up in the All objects tab. It happened to me yesterday and then I just reproduced it now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base