Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

217 results found

1. Selection Count Mismatch

The Selection count on ‘Compare and Deploy’ page doesn’t match with ‘Items Selected’ on ‘Draft Deployment’ when a draft deployment is opened. Having this in sync will help user that all selections are going in the deployment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Be able to exclude single items from comparison

E.g. If I generally want to include all Custom fields for all Objects in the comparison, but there’s one specific field that I don’t ever want to send across to the target org, it’ll keep popping up and I’ll have to uncheck it each time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Track Items Added to Draft Packages

It would be nice to be able to see which items within a comparison are part of Draft Packages. We have a need to build multiple packages from a single Comparison of Instances. This can be done by creating many Drafts, but it is sometimes difficult to know if items have been added to a draft package already. If we could visually see this, it would allow us to generate and confirm our packages much faster.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show the Label as a column in the comparison screen

At present the comparison screen, Name column, only shows the information from the API name, but not the Label (as seen in Setup > Object Manager > Label column).

When the Label is wildly different from the API name, is would be super useful to have the Label displayed as a column, instead of having to find it in the XML viewer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow the ability to "uncheck" No DIfference items on the Selected Items tab

When cloning previous deployments, there are may cases where items may have been previously deployed, so the now would show as "No Difference". Currently these items can not be unselected for the deployment. It would be useful to be able to remove these from a current deployment to keep the deployment clean.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow XML package for org snapshot/daily monitoring

Allow XML package for org snapshot/daily monitoring. This is to take the previous day's design to be downloaded in xml format that we can open in eclipse IDE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show rows that have no set "Changed On" date when applying a date filter.

Currently the moment you deselect a single specific date, all blank dates are also filtered out.

I would expect only the items with the given date be removed from the list.

This has become apparent now that the sort order of dates in the pulldown bug has been fixed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. show which deployment each metadata was a part of when doing a bulk clone.

When doing a bulk clone, each metadata should show what previous deployment it was a part of as to allow us to verify that the bulk clone worked. Another use case is that it would allow us to find a deployment we know has changed and be able to remove or change the metadata quickly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Cache deployment inspection results

It would be great if deployment inspection results were cached, such that the results for an identical set of metadata are available without spending the time to recheck everything.

Use case: A comparison is performed and all changes selected. Deployment inspection is performed and recommendations are made for items to add/exclude. I select a subset of recommendations, and move forward with validation. The validation fails. The same comparison is reopened and again all metadata is selected (with the intention of selecting more of the add/export recommendations resulting from the inspection). At this point, the inspection is rerun, even though the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add an option to use a custom "Gearset format" for the source control output

The XML that comes from Salesforce is weirdly bundled together. When changes are made it's really hard to reconcile two branches in source control when merging.

When comparing, Gearset nicely decomposes changes into smaller chunks. So instead of putting that back into the usual XML, an option to store that "internal format" and even just stick it as JSON or similar.

After all - it'll be Gearset reading it back in to compare to an org next time, and smaller changes will be easier to merge as they won't conflict inside horrendously large XML files

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. refresh comparison UX - echo the filter used in the original comparison

When you click Refresh Comparison, the dialog does not echo anywhere the original filter name used in the comparison-being-refreshed. You just get a x/y filters being used.

Always good to remind the user as to which filters were originally selected without having to scroll through the list

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In comparison mode, remember whether I want to see the XML view or a friendlier view of the object I'm looking at.

I noticed that the non-XML option label changes depending on what type of object I'm looking at. Regardless, if I select the non-XML option in comparison mode, I'd like the site to remember that option during my session so I don't have to keep re-clicking the non-XML option for each line item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support aliases for metadata types in the search box

So often, I type something in the search box for a metadata type based on the point-and-click force.com labels and the search comes up with nothing.

I'd suggest an auto-substitute option so if one types in 'Email alert', it auto-prompts for the metadata API substitute: 'Workflow alert' Or, if one types in 'Support process', it auto-prompts to substitute 'Business Process'

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a validation/warning for when users try to filter only permission set for comparing and deploying

we believe that if we are given the option to filter only permission sets for the comparison, there should be some type of validation ensuring that you are also including dependencies such as custom objects, apex classes etc so that we don't make the assumption that filtering permission sets only in the comparison will include all dependencies

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Filter standard vs custom objects

We sell a managed package and will never include standard objects in a comparison, and absolutely not in source control. When I'm running a compare against source control to check for changes, it will show all of the standard objects as "custom objects" which is not correct. I should have a way to filter out standard objects from the comparison.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enhanced Comparison filter - filter by difference count

My use-case would somewhat be handled by separating code and xml differences, but I would like to be able to filter on difference count (or at least, easily see / sort by diff count).

For example: We are updating the API version on all of our classes and triggers (about 279 files this go around) and I want to make sure that the API update is the only diff when doing a deployment. Or to be worded differently: only deploy files where the only difference is the API version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Suggestion - make comparison highlight colors configurable

The background highlight colors for differences are much too light to be able to be seen clearly when viewing in APEX mode. Colors are much brighter in XML mode. Request - allowing these colors to be configurable. Thanks for the consideration.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 7 8 9 11 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base