Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

215 results found

1. Improve PermissionSet comparisons by providing an option to ignore fieldPermissions when their editable/readable are set to false

Current Metadata Behavior:
    When a new object is added, objectPermissions are only added to a PermissionSet only if one of allowCreate, allowDelete, allowEdit, modifyAllRecords, viewAllRecords are set to true
    When a new field is added, the new fieldPermission is added to all PermissionSets by default (with editable and readable set to false).

NB. PermissionSets are additive in behavior and can only open up access not revoke. Values of false have no meaning and are only noise.

Current Gearset Comparison Behavior:
    Comparing PermissionSets show these new fieldPermssions as New Items even when default values for editable, readable are set to false.…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add omni components to filters through metadata API

Now that Salesforce has moved omnistudio into standard runtime (as opposed to managed package) and also added the omnistudio components to the metadata API, the following components:
    omniDataTransform
    omniIntegrationProcedure
    omniScript
    omniUiCard

Since these components are in xml format, it is much easier to see differences in source control.
    It also removes the need to perform separate deployments for the Salesforce metadata API and the vlocity build tool.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Namespace Mapping for Managed Packages

We are an ISV partner with a managed package we sell to lots of customers. That means our package is namespaced. However with a distributed development team and multiple dev orgs, all source code is not namespaced, and is maintained in source control (github) without namespaces. Only upon unit test and promotion to the package org, does the namespace get added. This results in two basic problems (and others). 1) comparisons between unit test and package result in almost everything being flagged as "changed" due to the namespace, and 2) all aura components are always flagged as "new" when they…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add option to suppress managed custom fields in comparison results

When comparing Custom Objects that contain the managed custom fields there is no way to suppress the managed custom fields. The fields would show up in the comparison results even without being requested. The problem analyzers then highlights and remove these managed custom fields.

This is cumbersome when repeated and makes finding genuine differences we care about more difficult.

From the problem analyzers, it sounds like Gearset is able to identify the managed custom fields. Therefore could there be an option under [Include managed package] in the Custom Filters that allows the suppression of known managed fields in comparison results?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Save previously entered comparison filters

I am currently using a standard regex filter each time I do a comparison. It has become quite lengthy such that I can't easily remember it. I have ended up saving it in a separate text file and have to open it, then copy and paste it into Gearset each time I do a comparison. Pretty cumbersome.

It would be nice if the Filter... text box on the comparison results screen was a combo box that when clicked, dropped down a list of recently used filters. Each entry in the list should be removable (like with a little 'x' icon…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Here's the best solution: Be able to quickly select the custom objects and standard object custom fields AND only the related metadata items

Would like to be able to quickly select the custom objects and standard object custom fields AND only the related metadata items to make then function correctly (permissions, layouts, field level security, etc..)

Then we could go back and migrate all the process automation stuff - workflow rules, flows, trigger, etc..

It always starts with the data schema first. We need a quick way to see what is different between two orgs and get that synced first

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Differentiate XML and Code differences in the comparison

I would find it very useful if the comparison result highlighted if the difference was in the XML or the Code (or both) for each item. This would especially save time when there are a lot of differences.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow for Scheduled Comparisons

Like Monitoring Jobs, allow users to choose a source, target, and metadata filter, and schedule when a comparison runs.

The primary goal of this would be time savings. To have that data already retrieved and cached so you can go in, make your selections, and move toward deployment more quickly. Possible applications include recurring deployments, planning out your workday, etc. This addition would be for non-Integration users.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. allow selecting of specific picklist values when deploying changes to picklist fields

Essentially would like to be able to cherry pick the values for a picklist value that is being deployed from a lower sandbox. Basically what you did with Precision Layout deployment for page layouts. There are times when we do not want to deploy all of the new/different values for a picklist field.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Inline editing of metadata

https://gearset.uservoice.com/forums/283474-help-us-improve-gearset/suggestions/38358922-inline-editing-of-metadata

The idea above was "closed" due to Environment Variables.

That feature is too fiddley for our use case as the change that needs to be performed is not consistent. Furthermore, that feature does not help with handling merges.

Gearset has some merging capabilities, but it only allows to select one file or another, instead of merging changes from both files.

I'm aware it is possible to perform merges from source control, though it would be easier to train our team if they did not have to learn another technology. Furthermore, it leaves the process to more faults as the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a 'flag' to ignore XML 'utf' versus 'UTF' in XML header.

I believe there exists a mismatch with the XML header reference to UTF in the Gearset library to what is used in SFDX.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Options to pick only selected custom labels metadata for salesforce.

Since the custom labels metadata can’t be picked individually, the Gearset compare and validate process would pull in all custom label changes. This would be a concern if we want to withhold any particular custom labels from being pushed to higher environment.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Compare metadata by "Changed Date" for both "Source" and "Target"

In "Compare and Deploy", is there a way to add a column for "Changed Date" for the Source item, in addition to the Target item?

I want to select all the items which were more recently changed in the Source than in the Target. In my current large org compare-and-deploy, I see many items which are different but the one in the Target was more recently changed, so I don't want to overwrite that item in the Target.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Display the Filter used in the Comparison history screen

It would be helpful in finding the right comparison to look at if you could see on the Comparison History screen which filter was used. It would also be helpful when looking at the comparison details to know which filter was used.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Filter on selected items

I want to quickly be able to identify components that have not been reviewed by only seeing unselected items in the "Changed items", "New items" and "Deleted items" top level filters.

seeing the ones I have already selected slows down productivity and I have to scroll through them. If I want to see them I can always look at the "All items" section. This information is also available in the difference type column.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add support for Vlocity managed package vlocity_cmt__ProductConfigurationProcedure__c object

Add support for Vlocity managed package vlocity cmt ProductConfigurationProcedure c object. Currently it is not supported by Gearset Vlocity tab. Confirmed by Gearset. This limits the autonomy of products deployment for Vlocity projects.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Saved Comparisons should be visible to team members

I have a team that has access to Gearset but unfortunately they cannot view the Saved Comparisons I've created. To reduce unnecessary time spent on creating and maintaining Saved Comparisons, it would be greatly appreciated if the Saved Comparisons could be shared with the team and possibly allow the owner to delegate access to the Saved Comparisons.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to cherry pick changes in a file

When comparing changes between a source org and a target org for a given file/metadata component, it will be great to have the ability to choose which change(s) should be promoted from the source org to the target org.

Presently, it's an all-or-nothing scenario i.e. either one deploys all the changes to a given file from source to target or deploys none. As a workaround, we cherry pick changes to a file using VSCode and then deploy to the target org using VSCode –– which is the exception to our "all metadata changes must be deployed through Gearset" policy.

Adding…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a tab for Items that the Items I Selected Depend On

It would be so cool if there could be a tab that shows all the items that my selected items depend on. It would be much easier to review / select them then the way I do it now, which is expanding each item in the Selected Items tab to check for things I need to add.

Thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. create a compare/deploy function for data similar to metadata

having something like new/different/deleted for data (so we can compare, say, products vs new product options or features) like we do for metadata

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base