Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

214 results found

1. Have a timer on the compare page to indicate how long the compare is taking

Sometimes a compare can take us 30-45 minutes depending on the complexity of the org. I would like to see a running timer on this page of how long the compare is taking. I don't expect it to say how long is left, just how long it has taken so far. This will help to highlight if any abnormalities are happening, ie. if it's taking a very long time and is only at the Downloading phase for example.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Unselect all standard profiles & related permission

Often you want to deploy Admin profile and (x) custom profiles. Compare and deploy picks up hundreds of entries for standard profiles which are surplus to requirements. A single click way would be veryuseful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to Filter Out Namespaced Metadata

I figured the best way to write this out was in the form of some sub-par user stories.

As a Salesforce Admin, I need the ability to do a comparison of two orgs/repos and have it show only non-namespaced metadata so that I can easily distinguish between things I own and manage vs what are from managed packages.

As a salesforce Admin, I want to be able to indicate that I want to hide all namespaced metadata while still being able to show custom fields I create on a namespaced object so that I can quickly deploy new custom fields.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow Record type additions and removals to be selectable

I am not a having an option to deploy the particular picklist values in the Record type level, I would like to include only the values I have added that are different from my target environment.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ignore Business Owner changes between Sandboxes

This was marked as "Completed" in https://gearset.uservoice.com/forums/283474-help-us-improve-gearset/suggestions/39507649-resolve-data-owner-user-metadata-from-difference

But really the issue remains.

When "Business owner" is populated in a field, it will show as "different" since the XML is showing username, which is different between sandboxes.

This make trying to do comparisons to find differences very challenging.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. comparison between 3 or more ORGs

i would like to see in a future update about comparing 3 or more Orgs to possibly fine tune checks between production, and multiple sandboxes to make sure everything looks as needed to verify no sandboxes are overlooked for refreshes if needed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add the ability to run the problem analyzer while on the comparison screen

I originally was going to request the ability to append the items found in problem analyzer to the list of selected components, when going back to view the comparison, but then I thought why not take it one step further, and move the problem analyzer feature to the comparison screen? Then, the items it finds/suggests, the user can add them to the package there, or choose to ignore them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add the option to either hide source control locations where you do not have a connection, or allow a default SCM connection to be selected.

We only use on source control service, so having to select 'Azure DevOps' before being able to select the repo/branch, is a small step that adds up over time.

Being able to either hide services that you do not already have a connection for, or being able to default to a service, with the ability yo navigate back up and over, as needed. would be welcomed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The ability to deploy only certain fields in a record type and not all fields

If we want to promote a change to a single field in a record type, we're unable to because the file is pushed in it's entirety. We'd like the ability to view from list of available changes in a record type by field and select just the changes to the fields we want to promote.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to tell what metadata filter someone used in a compare/deployment

For compliance, troubleshooting, and collaboration purposes it would be great to see what metadata filter a user used on their comparison

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create a way to apply a regex to all currently selected metadata types when building a filter

The regex support you currently have doesn't really allow for complex (multi-match) regex matching, which is probably ok

If I select, say 116 of the 124 metadata types identified, and then have to apply a regex pattern to each one, it gets pretty tedious. Click-paste-apply 116 times, and then 116 again for the other half of the complex match. I'd write a tool to automate configuring a filter in gearset. :)

If I "select all" then deselect the 8 types i don't want, and THEN apply a regex to all types, that would be pretty great.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Export of the Comparison Results

My Suggestion: For our Customer i need to create a Documentation with all the Metadata Information from the Comparison. Even for Things which are not different.
    A CSV Table would be great and a HTML Documentation would be awsome :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. give the ability to ignore certain changes between Sandbox and Production enviornments

After deploying from a Sandbox to a Production environment, you will always see a 'change' for Custom Objects and Custom Fields because there is no Encryption Scheme (for example)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need a Lock to the Custom comparison filters

We need a lock to the custom comparison filters so that the team will be on the same page and only the deployment manager can be responsible for all the deployments

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Difference Viewer custom object name: include suffix __c, __x, __mdt, __e, etc

When you look in the Difference Viewer, it is not clear at all by inspection which line of Metadata Type "Custom Object" is a standard object, custom object, platform event, custom metadata type, historcial trending object, etc.

For example, Custom object Foo__c displays simply in the Name column as Foo. This is a loss of information in the difference viewer, especially if one has similarly-named custom object metadata types such as:

Fooc
    Foos
    e
    FooConfig__mdt

these display as
    Foo
    Foos
    FooConfig

The full Sobject Name gives the user hints as to perhaps other related components that need to be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When a Picklist Populates, Don't Default to the 1st Value, Default to Blank

When I choose my destination, the system defaults the picklist to the first item on the list. Instead it should populate the list but don't pick a value.

For example, when I choose destination = BitBucket, it then takes a moment to load available branches. It takes a little bit so I go on and start to configure the metadata types. Meanwhile, Gearset populates the list and sets the value to the 1st branch on the list, in my case, feature/helpdesk. It should leave the value blank and make me pick.

This has resulted in me running long-running comparisons, and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show # differences found in comparison display

It would be a nice feature to see the number of differences for each item from the perspective of the source org vs target org.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Simple visualization showing Process Builder differences

Assuming the high-vote count Idea for matching on latest version Process Builder flow between source and target (and not by version #) is implemented; make the visual comparison between source/target PB not solely XML.

Process Builder in XML can't be deciphered by a human mind. Hence, a simple indented text-based visualization could be done to make it more readable

1. Decision 1.1 Entry criteria 1.2 Immediate actions 1.2.1 action 1 details (XML here OK) 1.2.2 action 2 " " 1.3 Scheduled actions 1.3.1 scheduled action 1 (XML here OK) ...
    2. Next decision ...

There's an implicit tree layout in the PB…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Filter out Custom Field differences based on Field Tracking History

If the only difference in the field is that History Tracking is turned on, it would be nice to filter these results out.

Running checks on our app with multiple customers, who all set history tracking differently, can create a lot of noise to filter through to find actual differences.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support deleting comparison data

Having the comparison history is a great feature, but it would be very beneficial to be able to delete any data in the system, especially when working with a trial account. Part of testing could include working with test environments that you don't want to persist after going live. Also, peace of mind when ending the trial that your data has been removed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base