Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

137 results found

1. Allow more than one instance of Jira to be connected to.

It would be great to have the capability to connect to more than one instance of Jira. We are switching to a different instance and we have to delete and recreated the Jira connections each time we switch instances.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. enable UTAM

In the same way you enable Jest tests to run during deployment like that:
    https://docs.gearset.com/en/articles/5204895-pilot-feature-source-control-setup-for-lwc-test-runs
    We would need to run UTAM tests:
    https://utam.dev/guide/introduction

Those are stored in utam folder and as sucha re not deployed to Salesforce org but rather "ran" by the test system.
    UTAM is very similar to Jest but do a simulated browser test (including integrated services and login of users) that covers full scenario and several pages. It's possible by using Chromedriver through WebdriverIO. All these are nodejs libraries used by UTAM.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. BitBucket commit on a successful Org deployment

It would be a nice feature to have a setting on the deployment summary page to also commit to a git branch with deploying to an org.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Integrate with Rally as an option in addition to JIRA/ADO

We have customers who use Rally to manage their requirements similar to how many use Jira. Would be great to have this capability

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enforce each deployment to have a Jira issue in a specific status in order to be able to deploy.

As a gate-keep; to be able to deploy anything to production (or any other named environment), the associated Jira ticket must be in a pre-select status.

For example, the Jira ticket's status must be in "Ready for Deployment" to allow an end-user to deploy.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Unify the message when you authenticate an org with a username that has been shared. It uses the term "delegated" instead of "shared"

Unify the message when you authenticate an org with a username that has been shared. It uses the term "delegated" instead of "shared". This could be confusing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Exclude OmniStudio generated LWCs for CI

Currently OmniStudio will generate LWCs for it's flexicards and OmniScripts.

We want to have CI syncing in to a repository, however we don't want to have these autogenerated LWCs in the repository. This is code that users won't be modifying themselves, isn't constructed to be read by a human, and will actually be controlled by the Vlocity elements that GearSet already supports.

Reviewing the metadata produced by omnistudio, it seems that all the LWCs produced have the runtimeNamespace tag in their meta.xml file set to 'omnistudio'. It would be ideal if we could filter out all LWCs with that tag/value…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show JIRA Title when selecting tickets to post to

As a release manager, when I go to select the JIRA tickets to associate to, I need to be able to see not just the ticket number, but also the Title to allow me to select the correct tickets without having to guess or consult another resource or use trial and error.

Currently there looks like this idea was implemented in Pipelines, but that interface is somewhat broken, and typing in the full number does not result in the ticket showing up, could use some love, but is the right idea for providing context.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Trigger a Gearset CI deployment from an Azure DevOps release approval event

Right now Gearset supports the set up of webhooks into azure devops which trigger deployments when a branch is updated.

I'm looking for an extension to that feature to also include "approval completed" steps. These are already available to hook into within Azure DevOps, so I'm hoping it'd should be a relatively small piece of work to extend GS to support this

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create GitHub App as alternative to GitHub OAuth

Gearset currently uses OAuth to connect to GitHub, and the way that works is that the OAuth connections have permissions to all repositories that my user has access to, which from a security perspective is a problem, because if the github key were ever compromised, it would provide very broad access to customers GitHub organizations.

Security teams would feel much better with the ability to limit the scope of access to just one repo instead of all the repos that my GitHub user has access to, which can be accomplished by creating a Github App which can be installed for…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create JIRA ticket when CI Job runs sucessfully

I undrestand that gearset can update status, comment and attach report to an existing JIRA ticket once a deployment is successful, but it would be nice to have a feature that would automatically create a JIRA ticket once the CI Job runs, and deployment is successful, for reporting and internal auditing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to Template Scratch Org Settings

It would be great if it was possible to template the scratch org creation screen.

We have a lot of managed packages that need to be installed and having to enter the ID and Key every time is very time consuming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. provide the ability to add tags to branches within Azure DevOps.

Within Azure Devops you can group commits and changes into a release based on a tag. So for a user to be able to add that tag when they are associating a workitem to a commit would mean they didn't have to go into Azure Devops later to add the tag.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. enable linking two separate gearset accounts when they are hooked to the org

I've been using Gearset for a few years. The Salesforce consultant I occasionally work with just started using Gearset with all their clients. So we both have a connection to my Salesforce org. It would be nice to see a combined view of deployments, validations, test runs, etc. made against my org - regardless of which Gearset account it was done from.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. enable linking two separate gearset accounts when they are hooked to the org

I've been using Gearset for a few years. The Salesforce consultant I occasionally work with just started using Gearset with all their clients. So we both have a connection to my Salesforce org. It would be nice to see a combined view of deployments, validations, test runs, etc. made against my org - regardless of which Gearset account it was done from.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When creating a Pull Request from Gearset have the option to default to another branche

After you did a deployment from a sandbox to GIT (Github in my case) you have the option to create a Pull Request right from that screen. The default target branche is "main" even though my default branche in Github is set to develop.
    It would be great if Gearset follows that default branche that is set in Git OR has a way of defining default target branche in Gearset.
    The risk now is that someone might overlook this, make a pull request against main, someone else also overlooks this and merges it into main. With CI jobs on main…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Additional feature - GITHUB Pull Request validation in CI Job

Checkbox - Pull requests: Validate pull requests targeting the source branch is only visible when Run Job is set to --> Run tests based on Apex changes in the package

Request you to enable option even when this is set to Run Job: 1 / 2 /4 / 24 Hours

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Require Jira Updates for certain types of deployments.

While requiring updates on Jira tickets is nice we don't require this for ALL deployments such as if going to a production environment it's required however sandbox to github or sandbox to sandbox does not require an update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to mark certain branches as your favorite branch so you can pick them quickly

When selecting a branch from source control, it would be great if Gearset had an ability to mark certain branches as favorites so they appear the top of branch selection dropdown.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Gearset configuration as a Code (git or exportable)

Gearset configuration as a Code (git or exportable) so that there is a way to store it i.e. in Git and see how various jobs, cicd pipelines, monitoring and schedulers are configured which is an enterprise way to implement solutions nowadays (PaaS, IaaS etc..)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base