Help us improve Gearset

Welcome to the Gearset feedback forum. We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better.

Post your ideas and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you. We’re keen to hear about product improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike. We check this forum regularly and will keep ideas updated with their current status. If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enhance Metadata Filter Type Recognition

Our team has struggled learning the Metadata API names of metadata types when compared to what items are called in change sets. One example would be to highlight Weblink when a user searches for Button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Comparisons and difference visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Populate Pull Request Templates from BitBucket

When creating a pull request directly in Gearset, it would be ideal to pull in the existing templates defined in BitBucket. A middle of the road solution (if BitBucket's API doesn't support this) could be defining a pull request template in Gearset.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow users to create customized list views on the deployment history tab

It would be immensely helpful for our team, that works across dozens of production orgs and sandboxes, to be able to create deployment history filters (or list views like in Salesforce) that support filtering based on an org's mydomain, the username's domain, or the Gearset user that facilitated the deployment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a deployed components count to the Deployment History table

We'd like the ability to view the number of changes that were deployed from the Deployment History table view so that we can quickly scan the list of recent deployments and identify certain deployments using that additional information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a Select All that works on filtered items when setting up filters

When setting up the filters, I would like the ability to do a Select All on just the filtered items so that I don't have to manually select each one of them. This would be a huge time saver.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to have SCA results for last commit or Period, Instead of SCA for complete file

Hi All,

We are looking for a SCA feature so that instead of showing all the errors and warning in the whole file while doing compare or deploy, It Should only show the SCA errors and warning for the last commit or for commits during an specific time interval.

For Example I have an existing Apex class which is having 1000 lines of code and say 100 errors are there as per GS SCA analysis. Now let’s assume I am working on that file for my current sprint and I am adding another 100 lines of code in that class.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Offer the ability to set the ignorewarnings flag on an individual "Compare and Deploy" basis.

Would like to see the ability to set the IgnoreWarnings as an override for an individual Compare and deploy, in addition to at the global level. Occasionally, we will do a community deploy, for example, that returns a warning about a page that includes a Dashboard component, with the warning that the Dashboard ID or the Filter ID might not exist in the target environment. Once we see those errors in the validation results, it would be convenient to rerun the deploy, and ignore those warnings. Possibly similar to how the Test execution options are set on the Deploy button…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Problem analysis and deployment failures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. CI Job Email Notification with PR info

We do receive an email notification when CI job is deployed. Is it possible to know which PR is deployed with that CI Job? Now, the email notification only has the info with branch name, source, target and deployment summary. it'll be great if we can know the PR name that is associated with this CI job, some users, like QA team, will receive emails and know the PR with card info is deployed so they are ready to test. thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Data backup history log export

I would like to have the option to export a data backup history log for a specific period of time. E.g. for the last 60 days export in CSV or xls format following data:
    Started, Last updated, Status, Duration, Changed, New, Deleted.

For internal and external audits we are required to provide a list of backup jobs run in specific periods with details.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Move Failed Tests before Passed Tests when deployment Fails

Hi,

I would love to see the Failed tests to be listed above the Passed tests in case deployment fails.

Right now User has to always scroll down at the list (as you are usually not interested on what has Passed rather what Failed).

Also this shouold be super simple to implement :)

Thank you & keep up the good work,
    Cheers,
    O.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Problem analysis and deployment failures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Gearset Scratch Orgs: Generate Passwords

Our team would like an enhancement to how Gearset handles generating scratch orgs from authorized Dev Hubs. We want to be able to provide log-in credentials to non-gearset users in order for them to use these scratch orgs and perform development work.

We want our deployment manager (gearset user) to manage the provisioning of scratch orgs and the retrieval of changes in these orgs to source control. Our developers currently just focus on developing features and are abstracted from the complexities of the deployment process.

To make this process a lot simpler for our deployment managers, it would great to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Granular "difference types to deploy" on a metadata level

In the CI job, we would like to have the ability to specify on a metadata level if we want to deploy new items, update items and delete items. There are examples of metadata where we always want to delete and others where we don't want to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Deploying from SF to Repo with unlocked packages can result in items deploying incorrectly

When deploying from SF to a branch that has the force-app and unlocked packages, if you deploy an item that would include the object file it deploys to the unlocked package directory instead of the default app listed in the project.json. The end result is everything related to the object is moved from the force-app to the unlocked package directory.

Steps to recreate:
    Enable source tracked sandboxes
    Create a new dev sandbox
    Create a new branch and link it to the new sandbox
    Create a new field on Contact
    Edit a search layout on Contact
    Use gearset to deploy the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add deployment job detail info (such as date/time) at the header in the detail view

I have a markup screenshot for the above feedback but I don't find a way to add attachment here.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add ability to deploy ObjectTerritory2Association object

The ObjectTerritory2Association object does not get populated in the target org for accounts that are manually assigned to territories. This object is used by Territory Management 2.0 and holds the association between accounts and territories. After the deployment, I can see that this bridge object did get populated with the territory linkage for accounts that are automatically assigned to territories. This is expected because an insert of a new account with proper firmographic information will result in the account getting tagged to the correct territory (i.e. if the Account’s “Exclude From Territory” flag is not set to True).
    However, there…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add additional deployed packages

When combining packages for a deployment to a new source, it would be helpful if I could add additional packages to a comparison. There are times when I realize a package or two may have been missed in the original combination, and when reviewing the missing components, I realize a missed another deployed package. Without the ability to add additional packages to the comparison, I must start the combination of packages all over again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Select All Option in Deployment history

It would be nice if we have the select all option in the deployment history to select multiple packages to combine in one go and deploy as one package into target.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Send email alert when monitoring job fails

It would be helpful if Gearset would notify the user when connection problems cause a monitoring job to fail.

For example, if the error "Error while getting access token due to expired access" occurs, Gearset could send an email to the author of the monitoring job informing them of the problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add option to provide exact time in case automatic deployment

We need to set exact time for automatic deployment. We need this option for example for night releases for specific client. This is important for international clients that works in different time zones

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add the ability to create some custom reporting against metadata change monitoring

I would like the ability to report on changes for an org over a time period grouped by metadata type or user. Filters would be by data, user, metadata type, change type. Would like to export or email the report too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base