Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

216 results found

1. Make org-org and org-VCS compare differences work the same

There is no end to confusion on the part of the devops user when Gearset displays differences "differently" when comparison is org-org vs. org-VCS

For example: https://docs.gearset.com/en/articles/3491009-are-profile-permissions-showing-up-as-new-or-deleted-when-you-know-it-s-not-the-case

Gearset should apply a consistent principle - to see a Profile subcomponent, the compare filter should include both sides of the subcomponent (e.g. Profile + ApexClass to see ApexClassPermissions; Profile + Layout to see layoutAssignments; etc.)

If both sides of the subcomponent are not included in the filter, then there's no difference to show.

Note that these use cases must also be supported:

Profile deleted in org; org->VCS compare should delete .profile file…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. r.uzdavines@nextech.com

It would be great if I could group my Selected Items into groups or Projects, so that I could filter and just see those. Now that I've added a bunch of items for different projects, it's a little hard to quickly decipher which project it applies to. I'd like to be able to double check each Project's list right before deploying to make sure I've added everything. Maybe you can add another column and allow the user to create new values for "Projects."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. To add capability to mark (to ignore) not selected items to be able to remember that the particular item is not required to be deployed

When compare source and target, sometimes u do an educated decision to NOT select something, and then selecting the rest of the items. Then if the compare results saved as a Draft Deployment, u may return back to it, and do a refresh for the comparison. In this case Gearset would kindly save all of the selected items. But for items that were not selected by the user, not they are mixed up with the new differences. So user have to remember, that this particular item he did not select intentinally, but this item that is not selected is a…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow Package Cloning between Saved Comparison Pairs

Please allow us to select a comparison pair as the source/destination when cloning a package. This will make it much easier to select the source and destination when cloning a package, and reduce the risks associated with accidentally selecting the wrong repo or branch or sandbox.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "Dismiss/Hide Item" option for any found comparison

There are numerous "changes' that aren't actually changes (ex: logo images, Global Picklist set order). It'd be great to hide those those changes or dismiss them in a comparison to not look at them. Once it's dismissed, it's out of sight and there is no need to evaluate it every time you look at a saved comparison. It'd be clear that it was evaluated and not dismissed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Filter option: not containing, eg. rather than filtering for 'custom field', filter by components not a 'custom field'

A better example might be I don't want to see anything that has the word 'contact'.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Last Modified in Metadata Filter

It would be great if I could set a "last modified" filter when setting which metadata to pull. Rather than go to Apex Classes, wait for the list to refresh, then cherry-pick them, it would be great to simply compare Apex classes modified today, or in the last 30 days, or in the last hour, etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow exporting of custom filter settings

I have some regexes configured specifically for continuous integration, changing these would likely break our CI process. I would like to be able to export a JSON or YAML (or whatever sensible text based format) of my filter configuration, so I can easily view which metadata I'm selecting and excluding through regex, and possibly commit this file to source control.

This is primarily because our team shares filters, and I'd hate to lose the configuration because of someone mucking up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to cherry pick changes in a file

When comparing changes between a source org and a target org for a given file/metadata component, it will be great to have the ability to choose which change(s) should be promoted from the source org to the target org.

Presently, it's an all-or-nothing scenario i.e. either one deploys all the changes to a given file from source to target or deploys none. As a workaround, we cherry pick changes to a file using VSCode and then deploy to the target org using VSCode –– which is the exception to our "all metadata changes must be deployed through Gearset" policy.

Adding…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to choose whether or not to respect the forceignore file

Would like a checkbox on the comparison screen that allows me to choose whether or not the comparison will respect the contents of the forceignore file. (Similar to the checkbox allowing you to choose whether or not the comparison should use the package.xml file).

Our usage of Gearset does not align with our usage of the forceignore file for automated deployments. In fact, we often use Gearset to manually compare and/or deploy items that we specifically ignore for automated deployments.

Summary of problem this new feature has introduced:
    We use gearset for org -> git deployments, and for git ->…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Display Permission Set changes as one entry

When working with Permission Set changes, it sometimes would be useful to see them grouped by Permission Set instead of being disaggregated by field. For example, we are migrating from using Profiles to Permission sets to grant all access. Currently, if we make changes to many (>100) fields in two different Permission Sets, we have to review many (>100) entries. Also, grouping by permission set would allow us to deploy changes to one Permission Set while ignoring the other.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add support for deploying a name change to a SFDC component (such as profile)

We occasionally change profile names during permssions clean-up projects. Currently, when you deploy a profile with a changed name, Gearset recognizes it as a "new" and a "deleted" profile, instead of a single "changed" component, which makes the deployment challenging.

I know that the name is used as an identifier, since the Id may not always match between source and target. However, if you add support for this, the tool could try to identify components with name changes by looking for the same Id in source and target with a changed name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Individual Assignment ruleEntry

Please Allow us to Deploy individual Assignment ruleEntry rather than the whole file/set, similar to components in other objects, sharing rules.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow individual lines to be selected for inclusion or exclusion of a deployment

Allow individual lines to be selected for inclusion or exclusion of a deployment

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add "Manage Custom Filters" button next to Metadata Comparison Filter dropdown

I find myself always going into the "Manage custom filters" screen as it allows you to see what metadata you're including and even change the selected filter.

To get to that screen always requires a click on the drop down (Metadata Comparison Filter) and then another click at the very top on "Manage Custom Filters".

It'd be great if the "Manage Custom filters" gear/button was displayed on the main UI next to the "Metadata Comparison Filter" to save time (avoid clicking on the dropdown) and allow users to quickly get to the Manage Custom filters screen which contains all you…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The Action Order in the XML should follow the sortOrder

Sometimes there is a difference between a object because the order of the platformActionListItems are different. Sometimes an item with order 0 comes first, but it is possible that an item with 9 comes first. This is probably an error in Salesforce API, but Gearset should order this list before the comparison so 0 will always be the first item.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Avoid spurious differences in LeadConvert

SFDC seems to retrieve the lead convert settings in non-deterministic order between orgs . Display only true changes/adds/deletes rather than differences in ordering of the mappings as they make no difference to the runtime execution of Lead Conversion

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Use package xml to populate metadata filter

I suggest to add the ability to upload the package.xml manifest files to populate the metadata filter before the comparison step of an org to git or org to org deployment.

A lot of Salesforce developers use package.xml files locally to deploy some parts of the functionality in order to speed up the deployment process.
    Currently, Gearset allows you to select the components via Custom Filters, but it is slow to select about 20 components manually. Uploading the package manifest from the local machine can speed up the process very much,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support for WaveXmd metadata is missing

If we replace default DataSet in Einstein Analytics, it creates another type of metadata "WaveXmd". Support for the deployment of this metadata is missing from Gearset and as per discussion with Gearset team, it's a bug. Could you please fix it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base