Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1130 results found

1. Searching for work item should allow for searching by ticket #

When searching for work items to associate to a deployment, user should be able to enter ticket IDs rather then key words from the Azure DevOps ticket title. This will make it easier to search larger backlogs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Support JWT authorization to DevHubs

If Gearset could authorize the DevHub using a JWT (requires DevHub to have a Connected App and Gearset to be given the clientId + server.key + username) ...

Then:
    * Scratch orgs created by Gearset could be accessible to any other machine provided that machine is using the sfdx force:auth:jwt:grant command (same clientId, server.key, test.salesforce.com, and username of scratchOrg)
    * This is a prerequisite to any outgoing webhook that wants to auth against the CI scratch org
    * This is a convenience feature to IDE users who want to auth against a Gearset-created scratch org without having to get a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Migration/Deployment Path

In cases where you have multiple environments, provide an option to define a migration/deployment path; ability to define what environment is the source and what is the target. This will be useful in cases where we have requirement to deploy changes to say production from a specific environment (UAT).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Workflow failed to deploy without error, due to standard object dependency

CI job : Validation shown as success & Deployment shown as success.. but actually no WF deployed. Saying Opportunity object doesn't exist in target just because it was not selected in the components. in a traditional deployments object is not needed to deploy WF, that too standard object. I feel it is a gap.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Link Static Analysis results to the code

Could we link the file names in the static analysis results to the actual code from the comparison/monitoring job?

i.e. Where the results have a list of issues per Apex class, I'd like the class name to be a link to the code for that class

Having a quick peek at the code from within Gearset can help me to diagnose whether it's a genuine problem, or something where the static analysis rules need tweaking.

If it's just the rules that need tweaking, it would be nice to be able to complete that job entirely within Gearset.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Suppress the <deprecated> tag in CustomObject, CustomField

When retrieving metadata from 1GP packaging orgs, the <deprecated> tag appears in the source and, if you deploy to VCS, is preserved. But if you subsequently deploy to a scratch org, and back to VCS, the deprecated tag no longer appears in the scratch org and thus shows up as a diff in the Difference Viewer - confusing the user.

Doc says this tag is reserved for future use and until such time as it is used, suppress

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow setting the default testing method for deployments

I want to enforce that any deployment into a UAT sandbox runs all the tests. The standard Default option runs no tests since it's a sandbox. I have to manually choose the "Run Only my Tests" Option every time I deploy to that sandbox. I would like to be able to have that option selected by default

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For Deleted components, "Changed On" date should be date component was Deleted

After doing a major changes in an org, one can be left with a lot of deleted components to deploy. In the comparison view, they don't show up as expected. The Changed On" date isn't the date deleted. It uses the last modified date in the destination. So deleted something last week could up as last modified 2 years ago.
    Ideal: Gearset would to get the Setup Audit Trail via API and display the actual deleted date of deleted components

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add ability to customize CI Dashboard

We have a number of different teams using Gearset with a number of different CI jobs. I don't care to see their jobs in my dashboard and they don't care to see my jobs on their dashboard. It would be great to be able to customize my dashboard so that I only see the jobs I'm interested in. Maybe it's some sort of flag on job to be able to add/remove from dashboard or maybe its a separate tab called 'My CI Jobs Dashboard' that we could default to when opening CI Jobs. Thanks for your consideration.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tie scratch org URL to enumerated list of scratch orgs on My Connections

UX suggestion (tie list of scratch orgs to URL)

If you use Gearset to create a scratch org, the list of scratch orgs on the My Connections page does not tie to the visible URL of the scratch org you log into

This gets to be a real issue for the multi-tasker who might have several scratch org tabs open at once but has no way of knowing which one is which vis-a-vis the Gearset enumeration of how the scratch org was logged into the first place. Drilling into the user's name is too clunky

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Move the configured regex filters to the top of the scrollable pane (currently at bottom) of

Move the regexes to the top of the pane so one can see they exist and not have to guess that they exist at the bottom of the pane.

Note the example, selects all custom objects - this is useful for ISVs

example: For custom object, there are 100+ entries for standard and custom objects. If you add a regex, it appears at the bottom of the scrollable pane, after all the enumerated objectnames. Coming back into a custom filter, it is not obvious that you had even created a regex as you would have to know to scroll to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Report Missing Dependencies on Lightning pages

Right now, if you include a lightning page in a deployment and do not include any of the components on the page (list view, report chart, etc), the problem analyzer finds no issue with it.

Even if the report is not in the target or is included in the compare, the analyzer always finds no issue with the lightning page.

It'd be great to have it function like other metadata where it would alert you to missing components in your package (by suggesting to include all referenced list views, reports, etc on the lightning page).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a Description field in the General Settings for Automation like Continuous Integration.

We LOVE Gearset. I just took over when an employee on my team moved to a different team. I was looking over the existing Monitoring jobs and had to ask why some of them were setup. They were similar with the exception of when they run, for example. It would be helpful to have a Description field in the General settings section so when someone creates these jobs, they can give a brief description of their intent and purpose. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. create a compare/deploy function for data similar to metadata

having something like new/different/deleted for data (so we can compare, say, products vs new product options or features) like we do for metadata

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Export Object level and OWD (sharing settings) in permissions reports (in addition to the field-level)

Currently, the permission reporting feature only provides field-level permissions export to CSV for all Profiles and Permission Sets. This is a very small part of the overall security and sharing permissions model. Here are a couple of items that I recommend adding to the permission reporting as a starting point:

1. Object-level permissions (read/create/edit/delete/view all/modify all) for Profiles and Permission Sets
    2. Sharing Settings (organization wide defaults) for all objects

In the future, it would be nice to have additional permissions from Profiles and Permission Sets available to export such as:
    1. App assignments
    2. Tab visibility
    3. Apex classes
    4. Visualforce…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "Next" button on comparison page sometimes does not work

Sometimes, the "Next" button on the comparison page does not work. In the Developer Console I can see a 403 response from "POST https://app.gearset.com/api/static-code-analysis", traced to "raygun.js:2016".

In this case, I have to reload the comparison page.

This happens quite often (I estimate 1 in 5 times).

I don't think that it's a timeout issue (CSRF token or sth.), because just right now I only marked one file in the comparison list and wanted to proceed, and the button didn't work.

On other occasions, I spend a lot more minutes on the comparison page, and the button works perfectly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ability to filter on components

i would like to see the ability to filter deployments based on the components, just like the "Metadata comparison filter:" under Compare and Deploy option

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add an option to not run the comparision part in CI job (sfdx like)

When you are pushing a project with sfdx, there is no compare, sfdx just push the whole package.

It will save a lot of times.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Only see deployment history for Orgs you have access to

We would like to only see Deployment History for the Orgs we have access to. Our clients brought this up as a concern during our deployment meetings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to carry out action after successful deployment or detect org changes (monitoring)

After every release, we have to do smoke testing. We do have automated testing using selenium and we wanted to trigger the automated testing every after release is detected. It would be nice if in the deployment we can call an api or webservice after successful deployment. Or in the monitoring we can call an api when there's a change happened in the org.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base