Help us improve Gearset

Welcome to the Gearset feedback forum. We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better.

Post your ideas and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you. We’re keen to hear about product improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike. We check this forum regularly and will keep ideas updated with their current status. If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. like in autorabbit ability to chose incremental build in CI

Ability to only deploy the difference between the last 2 commits (incremental build) will dramatically reduce the time to run a CI job

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a Description field in the General Settings for Automation like Continuous Integration.

We LOVE Gearset. I just took over when an employee on my team moved to a different team. I was looking over the existing Monitoring jobs and had to ask why some of them were setup. They were similar with the exception of when they run, for example. It would be helpful to have a Description field in the General settings section so when someone creates these jobs, they can give a brief description of their intent and purpose. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add support for "ServiceCrew" and "ServiceCrewMember"

These two objects are part of the FSL package for Salesforce. Right now, when we do a compare between two orgs, no results with be shown.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Comparisons and difference visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. While configuring a data deployment, allow save after selecting objects and fields

There's no opportunity to save the data deployment settings after selecting objects and fields, and this can be quite time consuming, so if the job fails due to auth or other issues, right now, this requires the user to start over, and re-select objects and fields.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Introduce 'ListView' as an option in 'Metadata filter' tab

When navigating to the 'Metadata filter' tab to select filters, there are currently 122 options, however 'List View' is not one of them.
    When navigating 'Metadata Types & Components' in Workbench, 'ListView' is described independently, and I have used it previously when deploying via ANT. Therefore I would imagine there is a way to identify List Views independently of 'Custom Objects'.
    This would be a huge help with a Production monitoring job, as I do not mind if List Views are updated by certain users in Production, but currently they are flagged as differences. Basically, I want to ignore them…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. More custom monitoring delays

It would be brilliant to be able to choose the days of a week your monitor script runs on so I don't have to deploy changes every single morning and could instead do once a week

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When Field is Deleted Permission Set changes are not recognized for the Field

Let's say we have only one object in the system. Addressc. And we have one Permission Set -> "System Administrator" with only "FieldPermissions" for all fields in the "Addressc" object.

Now I wish to Remove 2 Fields from "FieldPermissions" of the "System Administrator" Permission Set.

1st Field I'm removing just because I do not want the permission to be in the Permission set
    2d Field I'm Removing from Permission Set, as I have physically deleted the Field.

On Compare And Deploy Page I will See Deleted Field and I will see only one Section to be removed from…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow selection of Metadata types to be deleted in CI jobs

As of now, if you have deletions enabled in a CI job, everything is deleted. It would be great to be able to specify which metadata types you want to include in the deletions since normally you won't need to delete all differences. This would be specially helpful to remove Apex classes and its permissions from profiles.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add support for the WorkSkillRouting metadata type

WorkSkillRouting is a key object in the configuration of Skills-based Routing for omni-channel (using Attribute Setup, not apex class), please add support for this object to enable comparison and deployment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Comparisons and difference visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Modify the "Changed On" drop down filter groupings to round to the nearest day, rather than the exact time the change was made.

It would be helpful if in the "Changed On" dropdwn filter if it grouped it into days, rather than the exact time the change was made. Also, if there were preset groupings like "Today","Yesterday","Last 7 Days", etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Integration with Rocket Chat

Hello, I need rocket chat integration, in order to receive notifications in deployment group chat about deployment status.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. ability to filter on components

i would like to see the ability to filter deployments based on the components, just like the "Metadata comparison filter:" under Compare and Deploy option

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to clone deployments and include non-different (same) metadata items.

I would like to be able to Clone a deployment and include all of the metadata from the cloned package, even if there are no changes in the target org. This way I can incrementally build up a master package that includes all my metadata regardless of where I chose to deploy it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Filter deployment and comparison reporting by user in the account page

Right now Gearset is showing Total Deployment Team wise . My suggestion is to Publish User Wise Count of Deployments with all Successful , Failed Deployments .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to upload Deployment Checklist instead of manually adding All components

For every release, we have at least 700-1500 or more components to be deployed and adding all those one by one into gearset is a lot of manual effort which might sometimes not be entirely accurate. It would be great if there is an option where we can upload an excel or csv with all the component names and gearset would just create the package for you. It would save a lot of time and effort and reduce manual errors.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Metadata filter - ability to select Report/Dashboard folders by parent folder name

When setting up a metadata filter for a new comparison, when it comes to Reports and Dashboards, it would save sooooo much time if they could be selected according to the top-level/parent folder that they reside in. That would enable the ability select all reports within a single parent folder at once, rather than having to select reports separately which reside in a nested/child folder.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show related reports as dependencies when deploying a Dashboard

When choosing to deploy a dashboard, It would be helpful if all of the reports that are used by that dashboard were shown as dependencies with the option to select them as part of the deployment

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A configuration to prevent deployment from certain Sandbox Org into Production org

In most of Tech industry deployment lifecycle, all code or config changes are ideally pushed into production only from a FullCopy Sandbox(Commonly Known as Staging Environment).

It would be very good to have a feature in GearSet App which if enabled shouldn't allow user deploying data from Dev/DevPro/Partial Sandbox into Production Org.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support integration with OKTA

Salesforce orgs that have OKTA as a SSO Identify Provider cannot seem to be connected to Gearset using SF Authentication. Therefore is makes it impossible to do Monitoring and Tests.

Please look into supporting OKTA SSO

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base