Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1140 results found

1. Add an Ignore option for change alerts

Sometimes metadata comes back from Salesforce in a different order, which makes it look like there was a change when there really wasn't any. It would be nice to have a way to flag such comparisons as Ignored so I know I looked at them and decided that they didn't need to have any further action.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In comparison mode, remember whether I want to see the XML view or a friendlier view of the object I'm looking at.

I noticed that the non-XML option label changes depending on what type of object I'm looking at. Regardless, if I select the non-XML option in comparison mode, I'd like the site to remember that option during my session so I don't have to keep re-clicking the non-XML option for each line item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Filter out Custom Field differences based on Field Tracking History

If the only difference in the field is that History Tracking is turned on, it would be nice to filter these results out.

Running checks on our app with multiple customers, who all set history tracking differently, can create a lot of noise to filter through to find actual differences.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Custom text within automated emails

I simply want to be able to add some lines of text to the emails that are triggered.

In our case this would simply be to let the team know the deployment was complete please proceed with any manual steps for example. In our org this would simply save a step for the release manager to have to trigger an email stating this and be included in the email triggered by gearset.

This functionality might also play out nicely that we could have some more specific text around the test jobs that we trigger. For example, we have thought to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add search specific item history

For monitored environement, it would be great to have the ability to search for specific item history.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Error while deploying dashboard component using Changeset / Gearset / ANT

This is a common error received during deployments:

Error: Metric, gauge, or table dashboard component missing indicatorLowColor attribute (line 70, column 33)

This is a suggestion to Gearset team for there feature Deployment analysis if they would pick this error in advance before deployment.

Observation: This issue occurs when the Dashboard is created in Lightning. (I cannot confirm though)

Resolution:

Downloaded package.xml and component

Basically, after I pulled the dashboard metadata from source org, I opened it and found the
    <componentType>Table</componentType> tag, and right under it I added this:

<indicatorHighColor>#00716B</indicatorHighColor>
    <indicatorMiddleColor>#ffb75d</indicatorMiddleColor>
    <indicatorLowColor>#C23934</indicatorLowColor>

After this change I managed to deploy everything…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a validation/warning for when users try to filter only permission set for comparing and deploying

we believe that if we are given the option to filter only permission sets for the comparison, there should be some type of validation ensuring that you are also including dependencies such as custom objects, apex classes etc so that we don't make the assumption that filtering permission sets only in the comparison will include all dependencies

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Create a VSTS Build Task for Gearset

VSTS offers the ability to create build definitions to validate/deploy your code, but Gearset customers don't have much options natively in VSTS to trigger a Gearset deployment. We can scan a code repository for changes every 4 hours in order to do a CI deployment-- but that's about it.

VSTS offers the ability for vendors to create "Build Tasks" for their applications, where you can initiate a VSTS build and get results. This is basically a controlled version of API access to the tool.

More information:
    VSTS Marketplace - https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/vsts
    VSTS "Add a Build Task" - https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/docs/integrate/extensions/develop/add-build-task

It would be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Test job triggered by CI job

Test jobs are only configured on time basis. When developer commit some changes and it will be deployed, but tests will be done on a time basis in 2 hours for example, so he should wait to know weather tests are passed or not. Or ask the release manager to run tests manually. So, this feature is must have improvement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Testing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Support grouping of Manage Orgs page

Support the ability to group org credentials on the Manage Orgs page by a new Group Name attribute. In managing multiple clients with dozens of PRD and Sandbox orgs it would be extremely helpful to be able to group and filter related credentials by client. However, to expand this feature to support multiple use cases, providing a new Group Name attribute (text) which could contain any value would be fantastic!

Thanks for your consideration,
    Mike

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow a deployment team to update the same draft deployment at the same time or warn the end user of a draft in use by another user

When a dev team work on a shared deployment, it would be nice to work on the same deployment draft, at the same time. At a bare minimum, it would be good to be warned that someone is updating the draft at the same time as you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Filter standard vs custom objects

We sell a managed package and will never include standard objects in a comparison, and absolutely not in source control. When I'm running a compare against source control to check for changes, it will show all of the standard objects as "custom objects" which is not correct. I should have a way to filter out standard objects from the comparison.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Avoid going to Setup | Deployment status on "validate deployment don't run any tests"

If you are deploying to PROD and
    a) You have Apex classes in your deployment
    b) You choose Validate Deployment - Don't run any tests

The Validation will fail and Gearset will tell you to check the target org Setup | Deployment Status where as suggested, the most likely cause is test coverage failures.

This is in fact true but it seems that Gearset could warn you before acting on a PROD deployment with non-test apex classes and 'don't run any tests' that this will be guaranteed to occur and give you a chance to reconsider your choice before wasting…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. download the zip package at an earlier stage before analysis has taken place

Download the zip package at an earlier stage before the analysis has taken place.
    In big Orgs with multiple teams working the analysis page takes sometimes to load so it would be a great addition if we can download the zip package file and modify it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. View email templates that are part of a managed package folder in comparison

Hey guys,

I am not sure if this is an actual issue or not but I will ask the question to see if I am missing something :)

When comparing email templates, the compare will return both email templates and folders. I have noticed that in my case, email templates that are part of a managed folder do not return. We can see the folder and sync the folder settings, but no templates. If we move the templates to a non-managed folder we can see the templates. Has anybody encountered anything similar?

Thanks!

Richard

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support customer S3 buckets for storage

Allowing customers to specify their own S3 buckets for storage could be beneficial for the product. This would give the customer enhanced security and control over their data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Would like the ability to print the current comparison for selected objects before deploying

I would like the ability to print the current comparison for selected objects before deploying to use for documentation purposes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Access to Critical Updates

We use Gearset as our primary utility for managing various client orgs include Production and Sandboxes for Testing and Release Management. It would be great if there was also a way to access, review and potentially enable/disable any Critical Updates in any org from Gearset.

However, I do understand that Critical Updates may not currently be accessible from the metadata API.

Just a thought,
    Mike

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Page Layout Deletion Not Detected

When I remove a page layout from my Git repository (the file and the package.xml entry) and then do a comparison to an org that it still exists in, Gearset fails to detect a deletion. It doesn't even show up in the All objects tab. It happened to me yesterday and then I just reproduced it now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Warn if a selected metadata type is not supported by selected API version

In the custom filters dialog, if you select a metadata type that is not supported by the API version, the compare and deploy currently just silently ignores that item, giving the impression that the compare has failed. e.g. selecting "Duplicate rule" with metadata version prior to 38.0.

It would be good for Gearset to provide a warning if a selected metadata type is not supported by the selected API version.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base