Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1138 results found

1. Ability to tell what metadata filter someone used in a compare/deployment

For compliance, troubleshooting, and collaboration purposes it would be great to see what metadata filter a user used on their comparison

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Filter (regex) on Outbound Message names within Workflows in Metadata Comparison

Our sandboxes all point to different URLs within the Outbound Message action.

We want to include workflows in our CI job that backfills production changes into test environments.

However, we cannot do this as there's no way to exclude outbound messages in the filter.

In the "Metadata Comparison Filter", you only have the option to add regex or select specific items at the object level within "Workflow".

If you apply a regex to hit the outbound message name, it doesn't actually hit that outbound message name and only searches within the object name.

You can only use regex when you're…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Remove the "run as specific user" completely from the dashboard prior to deployment (set the options to "Run as

Add during problem analysis:

Remove the "run as specific user" completely from the dashboard prior to deployment (set the options to "Run as logged-in user"). Deploy, then change it back to whatever you need. Based on https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000DCJPIA4

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Summary pages should always include ALL changed files

I believe this to be a bug, but it might be intentional. In any case, the current functionality is, in my opinion, poorly conceived.

If a user adds a deletion to a comparison between an org and git, the deleted metadata is the only item that will show up in Gearset. However, if you inspect the resulting commit in git, you will see that the metadata was deleted along with all of the profiles, layouts, etc that had to be changed as a side effect.

I'm completely fine with Gearset detecting these dependencies and making the changes to them. It…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow individual lines to be selected for inclusion or exclusion of a deployment

Allow individual lines to be selected for inclusion or exclusion of a deployment

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Deploy SOAP APIs like Permissionset assignment

I am able to deploy profile components and permission sets separately. But the permission set assignment is part of salesforce SOAP API and I couldn't deploy the same using GearSet.
    Kindly provide deployment options not only for Metadata API, also SOAP APIs

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide ordering for metadata elements when committing to version control

When metadata is retrieved from Salesforce the order of child nodes is not guaranteed and results in false-positive changes when committing to version control. Usually this will be something simple like workflow actions/criteria appearing out-of-order which can be compared manually. However, recently we've noticed entire profiles being committed with every permissions element out-of-order, resulting in a change set with ~20k lines where the actual change is impossible to visualize.

Gearset should provide a feature to 'order' child XML elements alphabetically by name in order to provide consistent commits to version control and eliminate false-positives.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow reauthorization of git/Bitbucket tokens used by CI jobs

Currently, if the OAuth tokens used for a Bitbucket integration are refreshed, any existing CI job will not adopt the newly authorized token. In fact, there is no way to even edit the job to use the new credentials; the job must be completely deleted and created anew.

However, in the case of Salesforce OAuth tokens, Gearset already has a Reauthorize button, along with facilities for re-associating the new credentials with saved orgs and saved CI jobs. Please enable similar reauthorization mecahnics and credential saving for other Oauth integrations, especially Bitbucket Server, so that CI jobs will not need to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Inline Editing of metadata

Inline Editing of metadata
    In order to make our deployment successful we had to download the package, modify the version numbers on the flow definitions, and then compare the local package to the target org. It would be very helpful if we can edit the metadata XML in the UI so we can fix the version numbers.

105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello. A large number of commenters requested the ability to carry out value replacements as part of metadata deployments. 

Gearset now offers a feature called Environment Variables that lets you do just that!

It works with both manual and CI deployments and lets you target either a Salesforce org or a Git repo of your choice. And, for a number of key metadata types, you can even specify the exact 'field' where the replacement should take place.

If you have any feedback on the Environment Variables feature, please open a new feature request or simply let us know in the in-app chat. 

Thank you for upvoting this feature request and we hope that you will find the Environment Variables feature useful.

Blog post:  https://gearset.com/blog/environment-variables/

Support doc:  https://docs.gearset.com/en/articles/5557015-using-environment-variables-in-gearset  

11. Allow the use of cached metadata during comparisons

Over the past 2 days we ran multiple comparisons between salesforce orgs. Nothing was changed in the target org but some fixes were applied to the source org in order to make the deployment successful. A lot of time would be saved if we had the option to compare the source org to a cached copy of the target org. In this case, the source org was finishing very fast, especially when we used the local file comparison.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to upload Deployment Checklist instead of manually adding All components

For every release, we have at least 700-1500 or more components to be deployed and adding all those one by one into gearset is a lot of manual effort which might sometimes not be entirely accurate. It would be great if there is an option where we can upload an excel or csv with all the component names and gearset would just create the package for you. It would save a lot of time and effort and reduce manual errors.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Autodeploy on git branch a successfully manual deployment on org

When a developper deploy a new feature on a sandbox it will be perfect if the deployment can be auto deploy on a branch git (and copy the deployement note, etc).

Today I use a CI job backup on the sandbox but we lost the deployment comment + the updates granulartity.

We could use also the "Clone Button" on the result deployment page but it's lost time to relaunch the comparison and the different step etc while we want exactly replicate the deployment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When validation fails, allow option to automatically remove metadata from deployment that was causing failure

It's not convenient when a validation fails, to then download the excel file of the the validation errors, view in separately form Gearset, and then go through the list of metadata I'm trying to deploy and try to uncheck each one that failed the validation. It would be nice if Gearset did that for me.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add an option to disable deploying the email to case settings in Case.settings

This will allow to deploy Case.settings without getting this deploy error:
    EmailToCaseRoutingAddress[Info]: emailServicesAddress is a read only field and cannot be changed

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When CI jobs fail with "admin operation already in progress", retry the CI job automatically

I was informed in my slack integration today that my CI job failed with an error message of UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: admin operation already in progress See https://app.gearset.com/failed...

I would like to see Gearset automatically identify this type of error as something different than a metadata error and then retry that CI job 3 times over the next 90 minutes (for example). It would be fine for it to stop after those 3 successive failures.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow for selecting/unselecting Filter by Package.xml

When doing a clone or a refresh comparison today the ability does not exist to add or remove the option of whether you are filtering by package.xml. I would like to see this added.

For us what might occur at times is that we have a release occur where this is accidentally selected and we find that a number of items are missing and due to this being selected. We have no way to remove the selection and have ended up starting over. One of a number of scenarios where it would be nice to have the option to do…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow us to personalize the report generated at the end of the deployment

I want to send the automatic report generated at the end of the deployment to my client. However, I want to personalize it with the logo of my company or add additional text.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Warn the user of unsaved changes to an org compare filter

It would be nice if we got a warning if we have selected specific components in a filter but havent saved the filter when we hit OK. I've lost a lot of work on a custom filter because I forgot to hit 'Save' - I would have thought it would auto-save when you hit OK.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base