Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1140 results found

1. have functionality to show how big a data deployment is going to be when deploying, as some Salesforce sandboxes have a limit of 1GB

I suggest you have functionality to show how big a data deployment is going to be when deploying, as some Salesforce sandboxes have a limit of 1GB

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. gearset doesn't seem to pickup date of change for custom field and custom metadata.

gearset doesn't seem to pickup date of change for custom field and custom metadata.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Warn on Master/Detail deployment even without comparing Custom Fields

If you compare Custom Fields and try to deploy something in an Object that is in a Master/Detail relationship without including the Lookup field, Gearset will warn you that the deployment will fail.

However, if you don't include "Custom Fields" in the comparison, (for example just comparing Validations) and try to push it, you will hit an error:

"Cannot set sharingModel to ControlledByParent on a CustomObject without a MasterDetail relationship field"

Gearset could easily warn the user on this when trying to push a Validation Rule on a MasterDetail object, even if Custom Field was not added to the comparison.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Include validation rules and triggers of managed packages in 'Compare and deploy disabled rules'

When configuring a data deployment there is an option to disable validation rules and triggers on the target org. However the validation rules of objects of a managed package don't get included in this comparison. Triggers of a managed package are also not included.

I'm not sure if it will be possible to disable the triggers, but for validation rules this should be possible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Package Cloning between Saved Comparison Pairs

Please allow us to select a comparison pair as the source/destination when cloning a package. This will make it much easier to select the source and destination when cloning a package, and reduce the risks associated with accidentally selecting the wrong repo or branch or sandbox.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a filter in monitoring job to exclude changes done by Gearset

To help identify changes done manually to the org it would be nice to have a filter which excludes all the changes done by Gearset deployment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add the ability to order/chain overnight jobs

Gearset offers various automated jobs that run overnight e.g. Org Monitoring Snapshots, CI Jobs, Unit Test Runs.

it would be great to be able to set an ordering on how those run for any particular org. For example, a natural order for the night jobs may be:

1. Monitoring Snapshot
    2. CI run
    3. Unit testing

This means we have a backup before making any potential CI changes and the unit tests show the results after CI. It would also allow us to make sure that the jobs don't clash.

Ideally, we'd be able to do this without just specifying exact times to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add the concept of Master seeding object

One great feature to have, would be the possibility to identify a Master object from which the filters applied on it would be applied on all dependent objects automatically.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add an account based autonumber field to deployment that could be used as a friendly reference

This could be automatically prefixed to friendly name of the deployment.

Sth like "000035"

Could be a simple counter (that I see you have implemented "This is your NNth deployment...").

If the autonumber would pop up automatically then I would not need to figure out a reference and type it myself.

Currently, info that potentially could be used: datetime (too long) , url (way too long)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Use external script/template for masking data

I would love to be able to use my own script/template when doing just data (not having the compliance option) to select what fields I want to mask and the format for how I want to mask them. I will explain more.

When doing a data deployment (data seeding) to our developer sandboxes, I would like to be able to use an external script/template for masking data. In my script/template would like to be able to set the format for the masking and how much of the value to mask. For instance maybe I want to mask a phone number…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Apply masking of certain data across backups GDPR compliance

It would be great if records that were marked with certain GDPR attributes, possibly 'GDPR Removal = TRUE' that the backups could apply arbitrary data masking across all historical backups for email and phone number fields

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data backup  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Re-validate a deployment after failure without returning to compare

Would love the ability to re-validate a deployment after making changes to the target org. I notice this a lot if there's a username issue that needs fixed in the target, I'm able to fix the issue without refreshing the comparison, but still have to return to the compare, go through the automated fixes, and then re-validate the deployment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Salesforce ID to Export History button

Can you add the Salesforce ID to the Export History button for reconciliation purpose.
    We currently have to manually match the Salesforce ID in Gearset with the Salesforce ID on the Salesforce Deployment Status page to get the reference between the source ticket in Jira and the deployed change for compliance purpose which is a time consuming process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to return sub-components of a Profile from Source Control

Currently, profiles in source control are stored with everything as it's all stored in a single file (apex class permissions, layout assignments, etc). This is done by Salesforce.

When using the new "delta deploy" or any comparison that doesn't include every possible dependent component (ex. apex, layouts, etc) - you see many "new" or "deleted" items related to the fact that source control returns everything within the profile whereas Salesforce only returns specific permissions based on the retrieved components.

It'd be great if Gearset could replicate this behavior with source control to match Salesforce's behavior, where it'll obviously have to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow export of code coverage results in daily Unit Testing job

It would be great to be able to export the list of unit tests and their respective code coverage in a csv file for further internal processing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow orgs to be grouped in folders

On the “My Connections” page, I'd love to see an option to add a folder (and sub-folders).

Currently, there are options for "Developer orgs", "Sandbox orgs", "Production orgs", and "Scratch orgs".

If you are running more than one entity, having the sandboxes related to a single entity inside of a folder would be more user-friendly than having multiple dev/sandbox orgs inside the same folder.

For example, if I'm managing deployments for "ABC Company", "XYZ Company", and "LMNOP Company", and each has multiple sandboxes, it would be really convenient to be able to separate out their various sandboxes more effectively, into…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. CI/CV job archiving

Create a mechanism by which CI and CV jobs can be archived, but not deleted. Sometimes there is a job that is not used, but the history needs to be kept for some period of time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Option to retry Deployment after failure

Currently, if your deployment fails you have two options:

1. Click "back to results"
    2. Click "new comparison"

Going with option 1 means it needs to re-load the comparison and then click next and re-run all the analyzers again which can take a varying amount of time depending on the size of the comparison/deployment.

In situations where the deployment failed, but the fix is to change something in the org manually - it'd be great to have an option to simply "retry deployment" from the failed deployment screen and skip the various screens and re-loading.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Additional options for updating Azure DevOps work items

For example, we do not want to see messages posted for validation started, validation completed, deployment started, deployment completed. We only want to see messages posted on successful deployment. And one more thing is to update the State once the deployment completes successfully.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow exporting of custom filter settings

I have some regexes configured specifically for continuous integration, changing these would likely break our CI process. I would like to be able to export a JSON or YAML (or whatever sensible text based format) of my filter configuration, so I can easily view which metadata I'm selecting and excluding through regex, and possibly commit this file to source control.

This is primarily because our team shares filters, and I'd hate to lose the configuration because of someone mucking up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base