Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1140 results found

1. integrate with Atlassian Stride for notifications

Gearset's ability to send notifications to Slack is great. I'd like a similar ability to send notifications to Atlassian's Slack alternative - Stride.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to have automated process to maintain field list in Production environment

With GDPR, companies are required to provide justifications for all data that they collect. In Salesforce this means being able to identify why all fields in the system exists, categorize fields as PI, and provide business justifications. The ability to keep a list of current fields in a production instance of Salesforce that includes alerts when new items are added, or ability to sync that list out to another tool like Smartsheet, where other business users like a legal team would have visibility, would be incredibly useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When source is local files, Refresh Comparison button should be smarter

If your source is Local files, and you do a Compare to some target, and then realize the source needs to be amended before re-comparing, your "training" is to clock "Refresh Comparison" button.

This executes but does not ask you to upload new source files so essentially nothing happens.

User should be given option to upload new folder/zip.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add an option to use a custom "Gearset format" for the source control output

The XML that comes from Salesforce is weirdly bundled together. When changes are made it's really hard to reconcile two branches in source control when merging.

When comparing, Gearset nicely decomposes changes into smaller chunks. So instead of putting that back into the usual XML, an option to store that "internal format" and even just stick it as JSON or similar.

After all - it'll be Gearset reading it back in to compare to an org next time, and smaller changes will be easier to merge as they won't conflict inside horrendously large XML files

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Filter Notifications for Non-CI Deployments By Successful or Not

When I do a deployment that is not a CI deployment, it can send an email. But the email goes out regardless if the deployment is successful. I would like to be able to send the email ONLY if the deployment is successful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. CI job status "deploying" - add dateTime

UX suggestion:
    On the CI jobs page...

Currently - you see last run dateTime followed by "deploying...." if a job is currently in progress

Suggestion: Add the dateTime when job started so user can gauge when job should finish and set expectations accordingly

For example, in our shop, a CI job should take around 20 minutes - but if you can;t tell when it started, you can't gauge when it will finish and plan your work accordingly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add an Ignore option for change alerts

Sometimes metadata comes back from Salesforce in a different order, which makes it look like there was a change when there really wasn't any. It would be nice to have a way to flag such comparisons as Ignored so I know I looked at them and decided that they didn't need to have any further action.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. refresh comparison UX - echo the filter used in the original comparison

When you click Refresh Comparison, the dialog does not echo anywhere the original filter name used in the comparison-being-refreshed. You just get a x/y filters being used.

Always good to remind the user as to which filters were originally selected without having to scroll through the list

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Issue with Namespace while deploying from Org A to Org B

the namespace if referred in code, we try to deploy to target Org, the target Org will not have the same namespace name, or will be a different namespace, it gives errors, can something be done to fix this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In comparison mode, remember whether I want to see the XML view or a friendlier view of the object I'm looking at.

I noticed that the non-XML option label changes depending on what type of object I'm looking at. Regardless, if I select the non-XML option in comparison mode, I'd like the site to remember that option during my session so I don't have to keep re-clicking the non-XML option for each line item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Avoid Analyzer suggesting to deploy a workflow's Sobject when such SObject and all referenced fields exists in the target

Use case:
    1. Deploy from source to target a changed Workflow (from active to deactivated)
    2. Target already has all of the workflow's referenced components (fields used in filter criteria, fields used in Field Update)

Analyzer will tell you "Add the following to the deployment" and something that looks like:

Deploy All
    - object.WfName
    -- object and its subcomponents

Since the object is already in the target as are the subcomponents, this message is alarmingly misleading and could inadvertently lead to deploying an object not yet ready.

The above message…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support aliases for metadata types in the search box

So often, I type something in the search box for a metadata type based on the point-and-click force.com labels and the search comes up with nothing.

I'd suggest an auto-substitute option so if one types in 'Email alert', it auto-prompts for the metadata API substitute: 'Workflow alert' Or, if one types in 'Support process', it auto-prompts to substitute 'Business Process'

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Custom text within automated emails

I simply want to be able to add some lines of text to the emails that are triggered.

In our case this would simply be to let the team know the deployment was complete please proceed with any manual steps for example. In our org this would simply save a step for the release manager to have to trigger an email stating this and be included in the email triggered by gearset.

This functionality might also play out nicely that we could have some more specific text around the test jobs that we trigger. For example, we have thought to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add search specific item history

For monitored environement, it would be great to have the ability to search for specific item history.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Error while deploying dashboard component using Changeset / Gearset / ANT

This is a common error received during deployments:

Error: Metric, gauge, or table dashboard component missing indicatorLowColor attribute (line 70, column 33)

This is a suggestion to Gearset team for there feature Deployment analysis if they would pick this error in advance before deployment.

Observation: This issue occurs when the Dashboard is created in Lightning. (I cannot confirm though)

Resolution:

Downloaded package.xml and component

Basically, after I pulled the dashboard metadata from source org, I opened it and found the
    <componentType>Table</componentType> tag, and right under it I added this:

<indicatorHighColor>#00716B</indicatorHighColor>
    <indicatorMiddleColor>#ffb75d</indicatorMiddleColor>
    <indicatorLowColor>#C23934</indicatorLowColor>

After this change I managed to deploy everything…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a validation/warning for when users try to filter only permission set for comparing and deploying

we believe that if we are given the option to filter only permission sets for the comparison, there should be some type of validation ensuring that you are also including dependencies such as custom objects, apex classes etc so that we don't make the assumption that filtering permission sets only in the comparison will include all dependencies

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Test job triggered by CI job

Test jobs are only configured on time basis. When developer commit some changes and it will be deployed, but tests will be done on a time basis in 2 hours for example, so he should wait to know weather tests are passed or not. Or ask the release manager to run tests manually. So, this feature is must have improvement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Testing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Support grouping of Manage Orgs page

Support the ability to group org credentials on the Manage Orgs page by a new Group Name attribute. In managing multiple clients with dozens of PRD and Sandbox orgs it would be extremely helpful to be able to group and filter related credentials by client. However, to expand this feature to support multiple use cases, providing a new Group Name attribute (text) which could contain any value would be fantastic!

Thanks for your consideration,
    Mike

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow a deployment team to update the same draft deployment at the same time or warn the end user of a draft in use by another user

When a dev team work on a shared deployment, it would be nice to work on the same deployment draft, at the same time. At a bare minimum, it would be good to be warned that someone is updating the draft at the same time as you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Filter standard vs custom objects

We sell a managed package and will never include standard objects in a comparison, and absolutely not in source control. When I'm running a compare against source control to check for changes, it will show all of the standard objects as "custom objects" which is not correct. I should have a way to filter out standard objects from the comparison.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base