Help us improve Gearset

Welcome to the Gearset feedback forum. We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better.

Post your ideas and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you. We’re keen to hear about product improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike. We check this forum regularly and will keep ideas updated with their current status. If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow comparisons of a single commit from a VCS

Currently, you can select a VCS repo and branch to use for comparison. It'd be great if you could select a specific commit from that branch, so that you're only looking at an atomic set of changes. This would allow for fine-grained comparison and deployment of changes.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Allow teams to share custom git repositories

It would be nice to be able to share custom git repositories with the entire team. At this time, each team member that does deployments needs to configure each custom git repo in Gearset. Besides requiring them to set it up, it also means I need to give each person the credentials.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Deployment of pre-valided package doesn't include accurate test counts

We did a deployment last week and noticed that as part of the deployment report that went out that it stated the Tests Run was zero. We did a pre-validation the day before where we ran all tests with all passing.

Could this test section on the deployment report again include/include the pre-validation tests that were run for the deployment?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for zipping and unzipping static resources in GIT repos.

Add support to automatically unzip zipped static resources when migrating to a GIT repo and re-zipping when migrating to SF. This would allow me to edit my static resource files without having to manually unzip them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Automated User Test Suite Integration

Such as Selenium and/or Cypress.io

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to copy Territory models from one org to another

It would be great to be able to copy Territory models from one org to another, as per this request in the SFDC Community...
    https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000DgemAAC

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide an API for querying deployment info

Please provide an API for querying deployment info such as friendly names, components, deployment notes, etc...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automatically revert PR in GitHub CI Jobs

When a CI job fails, the bad code remains in the GitHub repo. I'd like to see a way to revert the commit/PR that caused that failure so that any CI jobs for new, unrelated, commits/PRs won't fail while the developer is working to resolve the issue.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Integrate with Jenkins

Build a Jenkins Plugin to integrate with Gearset that would allow triggering CI jobs and/or deployments.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Display which apex triggers have low code coverage if a deployment fails

It would be great if Gearset can surface which Apex trigger has 0% code coverage when a deployment fails.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow List Views to be Deselectable in Custom Filters

I want to ignore List Views in my deployments and it doesn't appear there is anyway to do that currently. As it appears to be a separate metadata type in Salesforce, is this just an omission or was it purposely left out for some reason?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to validate / deploy only running test classes in deployment set

When deploying, there's a pain point when we want to specify tests to run. It would be nice to have an option to only run test classes that are included in the deployment. Automatically identifying which test classes are in the deployment package should be fairly straight forward:
    grep -ri @IsTest ./src/classes

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow scheduled jobs to be assigned a different authentication user

We would like the ability to change over scheduled monitoring/testing jobs to a different authentication user. Currently if we need to switch an authentication we lose the history.

Consider:
    I leave my employer and I need to switch the monitoring over to another developer or admin. I have to delete all the current scheduled jobs and re-create them using the other users authorization. Which causes the history to be lost.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Monitoring and reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Auto-generate deployment note and git commit message

When Gearset makes a commit, it defaults to a blank deployment note and blank git commit message. Although I can edit this , it would be awesome if you can merge in details from the deploy to the commit (like components changed, what salesforce user made the change etc)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Monitoring and reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. For CI Jobs initiated by Github, dynamically send CI failure / success email to the user who committed to the repo.

Currently, we can only specify a list of users to email, a Slack channel to update, or a Chatter group to post to when a CI job is successful or fails. If there are multiple notifications to a number of people, it's likely they will filter out these messages, so being able to notify the person who the CI Job is most relevant to would be a good improvement.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Improve comparison performance

If there is one thing that is :-( about Gearset is that for moderate size orgs (a few thousand objects), the default 64 comparison takes too long.

You want to initiate a deployment from source to target and, for whatever reason, you want to make sure you didn't miss anything that needs to be deployed

So, to be safe, you initiate the 64 default comparison.

And you wait (downloading, comparison). This can take several minutes. You go on to other tasks and your zeal to get the deployment done went off onto other things as the comparison time is too…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Expand the user security model to restrict user compare / deployment access to defined comparison filters

Hi guys -

In many instances, we would like to restrict user access to certain compare / deploy metadata filters. In our case, it would be rare that all metadata changes are to be deployed and we would like to give our engineers access to only certain filters. This would reduce the risk that items that should not be deployed at a high level will not be deployed. In the current model, if a user has deploy access, they can deploy anything and everything. This is what we are looking to avoid.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Best,

Richard

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Team and account management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Rollback deployments made by CI jobs

Manual deployments and change monitoring jobs can be rolled back. Add the same function to CI jobs in case it accidentally deploys something unwanted

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Have a timer on the compare page to indicate how long the compare is taking

Sometimes a compare can take us 30-45 minutes depending on the complexity of the org. I would like to see a running timer on this page of how long the compare is taking. I don't expect it to say how long is left, just how long it has taken so far. This will help to highlight if any abnormalities are happening, ie. if it's taking a very long time and is only at the Downloading phase for example.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Initiate comparison from package.xml

I'd like to be able to drop a package.xml file on the New comparison screen. Doing that will have two effects.

First off, it will drive the selection of which metadata types to include in the comparison.

Secondly, it will automatically select the components listed in the package.xml on the comparison results page.

This provides a really good way to expediting a deployment, since package.xml are used pretty universally by both IDEs and standard deployment tools (including packages).It also helps me take advantage of the intelligence of automatic dependency and all of the other goodies that Gearset has. Basically I…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base