Help us improve Gearset
We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.
1476 results found
-
Compare org monitoring from an arbitrary date to the current state of the org
In Monitor ORG's tab, we have a daily set of cached metadata that can be used to troubleshoot issues in an ORG. This is great that we have this data. What would be even better (if there is not a way to do it currently), is if we could take the metadata cache from the monitoring job, "x" days ago, and compare it to the current state of an ORG.
Maybe an ideal way to achieve this would be to select a cached version in the Compare Organizations screen. Alternatively, a button can be added in the Monitoring Job history…
3 votes -
A count of differences could be grouped by type
If the count of differences could be grouped by type/color that would be helpful.
Ex: 20 differences: 5 red, 7 green, 8 yellow. It gives a better sense of how drastic the differences between Source and Target are at first glance.3 votes -
2 votes
-
Clarify installation of managed packages and allow opt-out
It appears that if there are dependencies in the deployment that require a Managed Package to be installed/updated, that package is automatically installed/updated before the deployment takes place.
This is great, but it needs more clarity and control for the user.
It would be nice to know if Managed Packages are going to be installed as the result of a deployment, and if so, opt-in or opt-out of that process. It would be great if opting-out also displayed the related metadata with the dependency so those could be excluded as well.
This may also avert some errors where metadata needs…
1 vote -
Display org authorisation errors
When I link my Salesforce org with Gearset, I like to use OAuth as that provides the best security.
Whenever there is an error during the linking process, such as when:
- The app is blocked (OAUTHAPPBLOCKED)
- I press Deny on the OAuth consent screen
- The org has IP restrictions in place that prevents Gearset from completing the OAuth flow
Gearset returns to the Manage Orgs or Configure page without showing me what went wrong!
1 vote -
Filtering by user across the app
Filter deployment history & automated jobs to only show a specific team member's activity (e.g. mine). With large teams, the history pages can get too busy and makes it difficult to find the results I'm interested in.
1 vote -
Dependency Engine enhancement for Sharing Rules
Dependencies with sharing rules. Roles/Groups/Fields referenced in sharing rules may be helpful to add as "dependent" on as if they are not in the destination org you cannot deploy.
2 votes -
3 votes
-
allow multiple slack webhooks per scheduled monitor or test run.
I have multiple slack teams, I'd like the ability to hook up a monitor org, or a test run to send to multiple slack webhook urls.
Not super important, and I suppose I could get around it by scheduling a duplicate, but that just felt wasteful of everyone's API's. :)
1 vote -
Exportable metadata reports for orgs
Being able to export a summary of an org's metadata state for reference, prior to a deployment or as part of our reporting, would be great.
1 vote -
Audible Notification when Pipeline Updates have Deployed
The ask: an audible 'pop' sound (like the Support chat reply 'pop') when Pipeline updates are done processing
We have dev sandboxes, a Full sandbox, and production as our 3 layers to our Pipeline. When my personal dev sandbox gets really behind on updates, I hit errors when running ALL updates, so I do ~10 updates at a time. I fire up one wave of updates and navigate away from Gearset.
If I remember to come back to Pipeline in a timely fashion, it almost always is still processing. Or I often forget to come back to fire up a…
3 votes -
Audible Notification when Pipeline Updates have Deployed
We have dev sandboxes, a Full sandbox, and production as our 3 layers to our Pipeline. When my personal dev sandbox gets really behind on updates, I hit errors when running ALL updates, so I do ~10 updates at a time. I fire up one wave of updates and navigate away from Gearset.
If I remember to come back to Pipeline in a timely fashion, it almost always is still processing. Or I often forget to come back to fire up a second wave of updates.
If I had an audible 'pop' sound (like the Support chat reply 'pop') when…
1 vote -
Ability to create release with 0 PR
Creating an empty release with no PRs, which deploys at the scheduled time (or does nothing if it's empty).
Currently I can not create an empty release. Gearset does not allow me to create empty release. If I select a PR then only it gives me an option to create a release if no release is created or add to release if a release is already there.
My request is if I can just create empty release without PRs that would be amazing.
Note: We are in the process of making our deployment process fully automated and this is the…
1 vote -
give personal settings
personal settings to adjust the following:
auto populate deployment notes from feature branch over to the pull request deployment notes on create pull request screen
auto set checkboxes on create pull request screen (skip CI validation checkbox etc etc)
set default target branch other than main branch on create pull request screen1 vote -
Have access to multiple pull request templates
Currently we can only access one pull request template named pullrequesttemplate from Gearset.
I would like to be able to access a list of templates.
This would allow us to have precise template for each team using Gearset.0 votes -
Identify different backup job types (full vs. incremental)
Today, it is not possible to identify the backup job type, so we cannot really distinguish between a full and an incremental backup. This would be helpful to get better visibility when a full backup job is/was running.
0 votes
- Don't see your idea?